• Corvette

Votes: 62 29.8%
  • Viper

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Ford gt

Votes: 66 31.7%

• Total voters
The Corvette.
It was hard to choose as the options are exceptional.
I don't usually like American cars because they handle like crap, but those are some of the exceptions.
The fact that Corvette races in GT1 made me vote for them, they handle really well.

Ford GT all the way! I respect the other two but gotta love the original Ferrari Killer Reborn. I also hear on Motortrend it may be making a come back maybe with the new 5.0. I can only hope.

Viper is a massive car that arguably the best looking car made. It was not made for racetracks with tight corners, but rather for long stretches of highways. Like a Harley.

I used to love the Vette, until I got myself a Viper ACR and tuned the hell out of it . The sound makes me giggle like a little girl and the car just drives great .

All 3?

Love the ACR Viper, phenomenal straight line power but it doesn't handle curves well (at least not with the tune's I've tried). Great for drifting if you can control it. Sounds fantastic.

The ZR1 RM tuned is quite a beast, much better handling than the viper but still takes some coaxing in tight corners. Sounds more like a bumble bee than a V8

The Ford GT (LM Spec II Test Car) has the best handling of all of them and even though it has less power it can still keep up in the straights. Just be careful as it's a tail happy MR(make sure you tune the LSD). Sounds fantastic.

Out of all of them I enjoy racing the GT II Test Car the most. The ZR1 is just as(if not more) competitive but requires much cleaner lines IMO. Viper for drags and just to play around.

Viper is a massive car that arguably the best looking car made. It was not made for racetracks with tight corners, but rather for long stretches of highways. Like a Harley.

I'd argue the exact the opposite. Viper for me, track monster.

I hope that Im not the only one who disaggrees with you.

A Dodge Viper... the best looking car ever made...???

Hm, I prefer the Ford GT because I`m a huge GT40 fan. IMO it looks like a real racing machine and not like what I would call a poser car (ZR1, 458, Gallardo).

Actually, I love all type of cars, so I would have no problems with a Viper and Corvette in GT5 either.

Edit:
Just imagine a Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car with a Gulf livery... :)

The Corvette.
It was hard to choose as the options are exceptional.
I don't usually like American cars because they handle like crap, but those are some of the exceptions.
The fact that Corvette races in GT1 made me vote for them, they handle really well.

you need to drive mor eamerican cars they have imoved drastically they dont drive like crap anymore

i think the viper is the worst out of the bunch definitly a tie between the vette and the gt

Viper drives worth ****, corvette is gross, so I guess it is Ford GT for me.. it is a beast of a car, just look at the thing, get to close it will bite your head off!

I voted GT. Because I love them, the look, the feel.

But the vipe's are nasty, giant, monsters. I love them too. Just. Not as much.

Damn their fast though.

The viper is my favorite by far. Corvettes would take 2nd though. As for the GT, I prefer the GT40s. They're more sleek and "stingy" looking in my opinion.

You guys have never driving the team orcea viper, would smoke the vette and gt no question.

You don't even need the Orecas. It seems many people here think the ZR1 handles better than the Viper. I find it the opposite, so I wonder if maybe people are biased by fictitious rumor that the Viper can't turn (I know there is a Viper in my avatar, but I don't think I'm being biased lol). Something like

ACR > ZR1 = SRT-10 > Z06. [RM's excluded of course, also, I demand a RM Viper ACR from PD]

is what I expect in GT5. Not sure where to put the GT, I haven't used it as much. It was very good in GT5P, maybe too good.

In reality (going by lap times), the ACR is the fastest followed by ZR1, then Z06 Carbon (not in game) maybe tied with 08 SRT-10 (not in game), then GT, then Z06, then SRT-10.

I bought the most expensive viper, I think the ACR, and I got it to 999HP, and the thing couldn't turn for ****. Maybe my DFGT is broken or something, but every other car works great.

In that case Gamuh, it's just more power than lateral grip. The simplistic way that GT models grip (and there's a thread on this) limits how well any car can turn regardless of tunes. For a road car, there's virtually no point to going to 1000 hp unless you're drag racing.

I took my first ACR to 838. I handles fine, it's just that the max lateral grip that the game gives me is too little compared to the acceleration. My RM'd Corvettes on the other hand feel made to take 1000 hp.

RM should be an option for all cars. If PD didn't have time to make RM models, just let the car look stock.

The ZR1 RM is my favorite . That car is awesome . The team Oreca Viper handles very well also. The ACR is hard to drive for me. In prologue the GTLM test car was my favorite. Does anyone know when of if the C5R is available ? it was my favorite car in GT3.

My goto car is the Ford GT Lm Test II from the dealership. Fully tuned.
When I put it on the track, it feels like every other car is a Nerf gun and my car is a flat black HK416 assault rifle. The car is just perfect in every way. Zero goof factor, all cool. Very satisfying.
If my Ford GT is a knife, then your car is a banana.

In GT5, the Ford GT is hands down the better car. The ZR1 RM can give it a good run, but the Viper ACR needs some serious tweaking to make it even manageable around a track. The Ford GT does everything right and nothing wrong.

In real life, again the Ford GT. Im not a big car guy, but I have seen Corvettes and Vipers a plenty. Nice cars no doubt, but seeing a Ford Gt in person is an almost religious experience. The car as an aura, a presence that leaves you weak in the knees and a pit in your stomach.

Back