Corvette ZR1 Steals Virginia International Raceway Record from Ford GT

I’m suprised we got the old raptor instead of the brand new one, and how do we not have the new GT

I respectfully disagree. I think it looks like a ricer’s wet dream. The front end is ugly, and that random spoiler just doesn’t fit with the Corvette.

But it’s a fast car.

em-2019-corvette-zr1-design-03.jpg

upload_2018-2-3_0-10-37.jpeg

upload_2018-2-3_0-11-21.jpeg

It looks different that's for sure, but in my opinion, it is a beautiful car and it's fast, i would love to drive this in GT S :D.

Front end is horrendous. It's ill proportioned, the side openings should have been smaller than the center grille. It's probably because of all the over-heating issues the Z06 had.

Corvette does more by accident than Ford does on purpose at 1/3 the price and you don't have to kiss Ford's ass to get one.

and that random spoiler just doesn’t fit with the Corvette.

But it’s a fast car.
As I posted in the ZR1 thread the wing definitely takes time to get used to, I'm still on the fence about it but the fact that I love the C7.R helps a bit. I like the ACR vibe it's giving but doesn't pull it off and flow quite like the ACR. I think a rear diffuser would compliment the wing better. The Z06 looks "cleaner" but what other option is there to provide the increased downforce without adding drag and sacrificing speed - the Z06 stage 3 spoiler acted like a parachute (below). And adding active aero would have driven costs up and added even more weight.
19659d1420750975-2015-z06-3lz-z07-package-image.jpg

o.jpg

Last edited:
Little by little I'm finding these lap record wars are becoming tiring. However it is deeply refreshing to hear that GM's and Ford's flagship cars are taking their battle to a more manufacturer native track like VIR, rather than duking it out on the Nordschleife:rolleyes:.

Rather than battle you might as well say testing. Because they regularly take cars to those tracks during the development program. Just like Porsche would have with their local race tracks. They still go to Nordschleife, but a trip like that requires way longer planning.

Need to bring them over for World Time Attack at Sydney Motorsport Park and Mount Panorama. Then, we'll see how fast they really are. :sly:

Back