Corvette ZR1 Steals Virginia International Raceway Record from Ford GT

Discussion in 'Auto News' started by GTPNewsWire, Feb 2, 2018.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Organ-Donor, IngRobNy and super_gt like this.
  2. super_gt

super_gt

3. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

*insert Ford was sandbagging joke here*

Formidable and Lord Kacperov like this.
  4. IngRobNy

IngRobNy

This is a cool looking Corvette and i hope this will be one of the new cars in GT S :D.

JoueurGT, SleezyBigSlim, kjb and 3 others like this.
  5. ss3

ss3

I’m suprised we got the old raptor instead of the brand new one, and how do we not have the new GT

6. Dsavage27

Dsavage27

Correction, it's the second corvette to eclipse the 200mph barrier. The c6 zr1 tops out at 205....

Rotorist and marcvic like this.
  7. Lord Kacperov

Lord Kacperov (Banned)

I respectfully disagree. I think it looks like a ricer’s wet dream. The front end is ugly, and that random spoiler just doesn’t fit with the Corvette.

But it’s a fast car.

8. IngRobNy

IngRobNy

[​IMG]

upload_2018-2-3_0-10-37.jpeg

upload_2018-2-3_0-11-21.jpeg

It looks different that's for sure, but in my opinion, it is a beautiful car and it's fast, i would love to drive this in GT S :D.

JoueurGT, j_13B, kjb and 1 other person like this.
  9. dice1998

dice1998 Premium

But it's not because, like you said, it's actually fast.

10. TetsuKobura

TetsuKobura Premium

I probably should've mentioned that the front, to me, looks like something out of one of the Need For Speed Underground games.

11. IngRobNy

IngRobNy

Or a BMW or a Lamborghini, car manufacturers copies each other so this is not new, it still looks like a Corvette though.

potvinsuks likes this.
  12. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Not until Forza gets it first. ;) Maybe around FH4 or something.

13. Rage0329

Rage0329

Front end is horrendous. It's ill proportioned, the side openings should have been smaller than the center grille. It's probably because of all the over-heating issues the Z06 had.

14. Aphelion

Aphelion

I really, rreeeeaaallly don't like the look of this thing. It makes me frustrated just looking at it.

Dsavage27 likes this.
  15. VetteZR1

VetteZR1

Corvette does more by accident than Ford does on purpose at 1/3 the price and you don't have to kiss Ford's ass to get one.

16. Organ-Donor

Organ-Donor

As I posted in the ZR1 thread the wing definitely takes time to get used to, I'm still on the fence about it but the fact that I love the C7.R helps a bit. I like the ACR vibe it's giving but doesn't pull it off and flow quite like the ACR. I think a rear diffuser would compliment the wing better. The Z06 looks "cleaner" but what other option is there to provide the increased downforce without adding drag and sacrificing speed - the Z06 stage 3 spoiler acted like a parachute (below). And adding active aero would have driven costs up and added even more weight.
    [​IMG]
    o.jpg

Last edited: Feb 3, 2018
    Lord Kacperov likes this.
  17. Organ-Donor

Organ-Donor

170mph on the front straight is flying, wow. And 150 into the esses as well. The ZR1 is 16 mph faster on the front straight than the newly updated Z06 (suspension software) - which was a manual and also turned a faster lap than the ACR. Very impressive.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
    Lord Kacperov, super_gt and Dsavage27 like this.
  18. TiMcF1

TiMcF1

Little by little I'm finding these lap record wars are becoming tiring. However it is deeply refreshing to hear that GM's and Ford's flagship cars are taking their battle to a more manufacturer native track like VIR, rather than duking it out on the Nordschleife:rolleyes:.

19. RacingManiac

RacingManiac

Rather than battle you might as well say testing. Because they regularly take cars to those tracks during the development program. Just like Porsche would have with their local race tracks. They still go to Nordschleife, but a trip like that requires way longer planning.

IngRobNy likes this.
  20. 05XR8

05XR8

Need to bring them over for World Time Attack at Sydney Motorsport Park and Mount Panorama. Then, we'll see how fast they really are. :sly: