Could anyone help please?

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hi!

Sorry to be a pain, but i'm looking to see if anyone can help me out. I got Gran Turismo 7 today, on PS4, and after installing the game and downloading the latest update, it took me to the Music Rally screen while it installed. When entering the race screen, the game froze and crashed. It did this numerous times even once the game had fully installed.

After alot of Googling, I tried changing video output settings, deleted save game files and rebuilt the database. I ended up uninstalling the game and reinstalling it again which took hours yet again. I let the game and game update fully install, but again when trying to enter the first Music Rally race, it just freezes on the screen below for about a minute and then crashes with the CE-34878-0 error, and since i'm unable to play the first race, I can't do anything with the game at all.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong? Thanks for any help!

IMG_9307.png

CE-34878-0
That's the code for Common Error: Corrupt Data or System Software.

Check your PS4 firmware is up to date. If not, update it.

If so, or after you have updated it and it still doesn't work, boot the console into Safe Mode and use the Rebuild Database function. This is explained here:

That's the code for Common Error: Corrupt Data or System Software.

Check your PS4 firmware is up to date. If not, update it.

If so, or after you have updated it and it still doesn't work, boot the console into Safe Mode and use the Rebuild Database function. This is explained here:
I have the latest update of the system and the game, I also used the rebuild database function with no joy!

I will try this again though, maybe even uninstalling the game and rebuilding the database before reinstalling it again?

Thanks!

your disc is scratched
I did check the disc and it looked perfect! It was brand new in the packaging, only opened today. I'll check it over again to make sure. Cheers!

I have the latest update of the system and the game, I also used the rebuild database function with no joy!

I will try this again though, maybe even uninstalling the game and rebuilding the database before reinstalling it again?

Thanks!

I did check the disc and it looked perfect! It was brand new in the packaging, only opened today. I'll check it over again to make sure. Cheers!
By chance did you allow it to copy game data to the internal HD (do you have enough room on that internal HD?) this could be a reason for the issues you are having...

By chance did you allow it to copy game data to the internal HD (do you have enough room on that internal HD?) this could be a reason for the issues you are having...
Yeah i put in the data disc and it copied the game onto the internal HD, it still shows 100+ GB of free space on the HD.

Just seems like there's a bug with the install as it crashes at exactly the same moment everytime. However even reinstalling the whole game doesn't fix it!

could be some sectors on your HDD which are busted... had this back on PS4, so do you have another HDD?
I swapped the original 500GB a couple years back for a 1TB HDD. I have the old HDD I could possibly try?

I found Gran Turismo Sport which I forgot I even had. Put it in and installed it and it worked no problem at all! So the HDD seems to be fine but i'm not sure if successfully installing GT Sport means GT7 should have worked fine too?

Yeah i put in the data disc and it copied the game onto the internal HD, it still shows 100+ GB of free space on the HD.

Just seems like there's a bug with the install as it crashes at exactly the same moment everytime. However even reinstalling the whole game doesn't fix it!
reading the posts below yours i am guessing now that you have got a bad GT7 disc and my next solution is to try to get an online version from the PS store and install that one...

reading the posts below yours i am guessing now that you have got a bad GT7 disc and my next solution is to try to get an online version from the PS store and install that one...
Thanks! I bought it from Amazon, so will ask to return and have another copy sent out, and try that! Shame as I had this week off work too, and the new one will end up arriving when I have less time to play!

Thanks again for the help 😃

I swapped the original 500GB a couple years back for a 1TB HDD. I have the old HDD I could possibly try?

I found Gran Turismo Sport which I forgot I even had. Put it in and installed it and it worked no problem at all! So the HDD seems to be fine but i'm not sure if successfully installing GT Sport means GT7 should have worked fine too?
I'd just try with the old 500GB one before sending back the disc. This way you will know for sure. Make sure to download the newest firmware before you swap it.

I've just this second finished trying it on the old 500GB hard drive, I have the harddrive set as an external HDD plugged in to the PS4..

Exactly the same issue! 🤦🏻‍♂️ So i guess maybe it is the disc to blame!

I've ordered another copy from Amazon and will return this copy of the game, hopefully the new one works!

Thanks again for everyones help - I'll update on Tuesday when the new disc arrives!

I've just this second finished trying it on the old 500GB hard drive, I have the harddrive set as an external HDD plugged in to the PS4..

Exactly the same issue! 🤦🏻‍♂️ So i guess maybe it is the disc to blame!

I've ordered another copy from Amazon and will return this copy of the game, hopefully the new one works!

Thanks again for everyones help - I'll update on Tuesday when the new disc arrives!
Wishing luck....

Update -

New copy of GT7 arrived this morning. I uninstalled the old version, installed using the new disc and then inserted the play disc, let it download and fully install the update, opened the game and clicked on Music Rally race 1 again and...exactly the same issue! 😩 Just freezes as soon as the race screen comes up, the same as the image in my initial post, and then after a minute the game crashes and closes.

Now i'm in the process of resetting my PS4 back to factory settings which means i'll have to reinstall all my other games again, as well as my account etc. If this doesn't work then i guess i'll never get to experience GT7 ☹️

Was even contemplating buying a PS5 and GT7, but it's too much of a cost just to play one game currently, so i cant justify that right now!

A sad sight now, a bare PS4 menu with only one game which might not even work after another 2 hours of installing 🤧

IMG_9410.jpeg

Last edited:

Worth going through the comments, might be something useful.

Thanks for the link! I checked through all the comments, i couldn't find any fresh ideas that i havent tried unfortunately!

I've finished installing the game on the factory reset PS4, and the same issue again! The YouTube link suggested making sure it wasn't overheating, so i turned it off for a while, opened the lid and blew out the vents with my cordless blower, and then while the game loaded up i kept blowing cool air in through the vents, no difference!

My last option is that i have a brand new 1TB hard drive which was to go into my sons PS4. I'll install it into mine tomorrow, and reinstall the game onto the new HDD and try that.

If that fails, then it's a complete mystery and i have no other option but to give up! ☹️

Thanks again for everyones help!

You still have the option of buying the game online at the PS store and directly download it/ install it.
Possible there were a batch of corrupted discs?

You still have the option of buying the game online at the PS store and directly download it/ install it.
Possible there were a batch of corrupted discs?
True, however knowing my luck it would end up just being the same scenario when downloaded and installed! Everything seems fine until the very second the game screen loads up and it just freezes!

It's so much more expensive on the store too, i got it for £39 on Amazon, it's £70 on PS Store! 😫

True, however knowing my luck it would end up just being the same scenario when downloaded and installed! Everything seems fine until the very second the game screen loads up and it just freezes!

It's so much more expensive on the store too, i got it for £39 on Amazon, it's £70 on PS Store! 😫
But look at it this way if the disc(s) are corrupted more likely that the online download is not, as i say this i too am a PS4Slim user, had bought the game online, got all my updates online, and i have not had any issues the loading the game....

This is very strange, keeping an eye on this, i only have the disc version myself and is fine, only issue ive ever had with a game was it was the wrong region and i got it from amazon...I went on live chat with sony and they asked for the number off the disc, and they said that isnt a uk version.....

After adding 6 new Rally songs, the application started to give an error,,, and whoever starts the game, the musical rally comes first and if it gives an error, it does not start the game, nor does it try the musical rally, which is even a funny tool, but after the last update it started to crash.

After adding 6 new Rally songs, the application started to give an error,,, and whoever starts the game, the musical rally comes first and if it gives an error, it does not start the game, nor does it try the musical rally, which is even a funny tool, but after the last update it started to crash.
Ah so this error has happened to others?

Do you know is there any way to fix it? I never got time today to swap hard drives to try that!

Thanks for the info!

IMO only PDi can resolve that on future update... They need to know about this error mainly through reports from those who start the game and it happens like in your case...
until that happens, try a new profile on the same console and load the game in that profile... good luck!

Ah so this error has happened to others?

Do you know is there any way to fix it? I never got time today to swap hard drives to try that!

Thanks for the info!
No, this is two things smooshed together incorrectly, and outdated, and has nothing to do with your issue.

The error occurred in 1.35 and affected progress through Music Rally 8 only. It didn't generate any of the issues you are seeing - you could race the entire event (and all seven preceding it), but it wouldn't progress to the finish screen automatically. It didn't crash the game at all or generate any error codes, and you could actually bypass it.

It was then fixed in the 1.36 update which arrived four weeks ago.

I don't know why it's been brought up because it's entirely unrelated.

Therefore, the last update 1.37 did not correct the error I have in the music rally, and I will describe:

A PS4 with two profiles, both played the 6 new songs recently added in the music rally. The next day, one profile opens normally and all the songs are playable, on the other profile, the application opens, but only 3, 4, and 5° songs are playable, with sound of the album audible, as well as song 12°, I listen the sound of the album but does not accept click. The remaining 8 songs have no sound and the click returns... "Failed - song cannot be selected in broadcast mode".
It should have all the songs with gold but only the first 6 continue, the new ones are without a lock and without a cup.

I even liked the music rally, when the warning "soon" disappears after two years and ends with 6 more songs and that the next day is no longer playable, it would be better for PDii to have made a rally music creator.

An identical failure reported in 2022 here on gtplanet,,,

Back