Could anyone help please?

Therefore, the last update 1.37 did not correct the error I have in the music rally, and I will describe:

A PS4 with two profiles, both played the 6 new songs recently added in the music rally. The next day, one profile opens normally and all the songs are playable, on the other profile, the application opens, but only 3, 4, and 5° songs are playable, with sound of the album audible, as well as song 12°, I listen the sound of the album but does not accept click. The remaining 8 songs have no sound and the click returns... "Failed - song cannot be selected in broadcast mode".
It should have all the songs with gold but only the first 6 continue, the new ones are without a lock and without a cup.

I even liked the music rally, when the warning "soon" disappears after two years and ends with 6 more songs and that the next day is no longer playable, it would be better for PDii to have made a rally music creator.

An identical failure reported in 2022 here on gtplanet,,,
Turn off Broadcast Mode.

You can't play these events while Broadcast Mode is on because they contain songs with active copyright.

Broadcast Mode is intended to protect streamers from accidentally streaming audio that can generate a copyright strike on their streaming site accounts.

Turn off Broadcast Mode.

You can't play these events while Broadcast Mode is on because they contain songs with active copyright.

Broadcast Mode is intended to protect streamers from accidentally streaming audio that can generate a copyright strike on their streaming site accounts.
Thank you Famine. I didn't even know this button existed. I had the idea that it would be another GT error. Now it's off, everything works perfectly.

Final update -

Had tried initially on my 1TB HDD, no joy, then tried on my old 500GB HDD used as an external, no joy. Purchased another copy of GT7, same problem. Reset my PS4 to factory, still nothing. Installed a new 1TB HDD this afternoon, had to spend ages putting the system software on it, installing GT7 again, downloading the massive game update..

Just finished everything and tried it..exact same issue! I was so positive this was going to work too 🥺 What a complete waste of time i've spent on this game! Will have to send both copies of GT7 back to Amazon and just confine myself to not being able to play this game, gutted!

Thanks again to everyone who tried to help me with this, would have loved to have joined you guys for a race but it just wasn't meant to be! Back to Gran Turismo Sport i go, once i install it again as well as the rest of my games! ☹️

You've certainly spent way too much time on this issue already, but did you try what @aguia suggested about running the game on a brand new local user profile?
I seemed to have missed that suggestion, I think when seeing there was a new update i was full of hope and went and tried that first! Will give that a try tomorrow morning and see if that works, cheers for pointing that out 😃

Have you tried what I had suggested, buy a copy via the PS store and download it, do not get disc copy but PS4 download
I didn't want to spend £69.99 on the PS Store to find out it doesn't work either, and then I can't get a refund once I've installed the game.. As shown below they will refund if the content is faulty, however i'm worried they will say it's not the content that's faulty and it's my own problem ☹️

IMG_9955.jpeg

This is nuts why it`s not working, can`t be discs or hard drives now surely, did you try turning off broadcast mode like famine said?....

I just had another look and i don't have Broadcast on, I couldn't find a way to turn it off or disable it as such, it seems to be more if you've selected to broadcast/share then you would need to stop the broadcast to play the Music Rally..

Just tried creating a new profile, haven't signed in to PSN at all, loaded it up and exactly the same outcome 😩

Nah nothing at all! I can turn the PS4 on and open GT7 and as soon as it loads up the Music Rally game it crashes. Twice it has gotten a millisecond further before crashing, and i see the letters 'We..' which I assume is going to say 'Welcome to Gran Turismo 7...' and then i'd begin playing..

Every other game I have plays without any hassles 😩

Something dosen`t seem right here, discs,hard drive, account info? machine over heating? connected online?
Yeah tried 2 different discs, tried it on the Seagate 1TB HDD, standard 500GB HDD used as an external, a Samsung 1TB HDD after resetting the PS4 to factory settings before that. Tried a different account on the PS4. Connected online and works fine for everything else. Have blown out the vents and also tried it after the PS4 has been shut down for ages and just starting it up and going straight onto GT7. Even tried using my Makita blower gently on the PS4 to make sure it was staying really cool - still nothing, baffling! 😫

Yeah can do when i'm home no probs! What settings do you need me to show? It's like there's a glitch at the precise moment it goes to load up Music Rally, just crashes and freezes instantly! But you would expect after reinstalling the game about 5 times and on 3 different hard drives, it would be fine now!

I don't know, just what its doing and put it on youtube if you can, maybe someone can say whats wrong....would be doing my head in if it wasn't working.....

Just getting round to updating -

So someone recommended that the laser in my optical drive could be dirty. I took apart the PS4, took out the optical drive and cleaned inside it, cleaned the lense etc - it was all very clean anyway but still done it! Tried the game and the same issue as before 😫

So I decided to just purchase the game from the PS Store for £59.99. Downloaded it, installed it aswell as the update and...exactly the same issue with that!! 😭 Now i have to hope they will refund me for the download from the store 😫

Just getting round to updating -

So someone recommended that the laser in my optical drive could be dirty. I took apart the PS4, took out the optical drive and cleaned inside it, cleaned the lense etc - it was all very clean anyway but still done it! Tried the game and the same issue as before 😫

So I decided to just purchase the game from the PS Store for £59.99. Downloaded it, installed it aswell as the update and...exactly the same issue with that!! 😭 Now i have to hope they will refund me for the download from the store 😫
Actually quite fascinating that it is neither your storage device, nor the actual disc. I was pretty sure reading through this it would've been a fault in the disc drive somewhere, but apparently not. I remember old systems having the same issue where the certain properties of specific discs would not get read, whilst every other would be fine.

I suppose next on the agenda is a PS5? :D

Actually quite fascinating that it is neither your storage device, nor the actual disc. I was pretty sure reading through this it would've been a fault in the disc drive somewhere, but apparently not. I remember old systems having the same issue where the certain properties of specific discs would not get read, whilst every other would be fine.

I suppose next on the agenda is a PS5? :D
Fascinating isn't the way i would personally describe it! 😅😅 Have just spent an hour to PS Support to get a refund for the game, even after listing everything i had tried they still give me options to fix it 🤦🏻‍♂️ 'You must Initialise the PS4 and reinstall the game' etc etc i've ****ing done everything possible just give me the 60 quid back 😂

Yesterday i installed the disc version on my sons PS4 Slim, worked first time! So enjoyed playing it for a good few hours, great fun but i'm going to have to return the 2nd disc version this week and will just have to see about getting a PS5 at some point and will hopefully be able to play the game properly then 😀

Unreal this, possibly a ps4 hardware issue then?
Must be i guess! The last option i didn't do, could be to put the original 500GB HDD back into the PS4 and install on that. I'd installed it on that hard drive already but set as an external hard drive. I don't see why it would give the error if it was used as an external HDD though when any other game works that way, but worth a try!

Also need to take the optical drive back out and sort it as the PS4 now wont accept discs inside, just wont pull the disc in but if i push the disc in it will happily eject it again. I must have knocked something out of place when i took the optical drive out to try cleaning it. Nightmare i'm having 😂

When you said GTS installed properly, did you try playing it a while to see if it's working correctly? Maybe even another game if you've got one? It just makes no sense they'd work while 7 won't so it could be a red herring. Load up a few long tracks to see if you can trigger a similar error.

You can't rule out your new HD isn't corrupt, either. Maybe check it on your friend's console to rule that out?

Must be i guess! The last option i didn't do, could be to put the original 500GB HDD back into the PS4 and install on that. I'd installed it on that hard drive already but set as an external hard drive. I don't see why it would give the error if it was used as an external HDD though when any other game works that way, but worth a try!

Also need to take the optical drive back out and sort it as the PS4 now wont accept discs inside, just wont pull the disc in but if i push the disc in it will happily eject it again. I must have knocked something out of place when i took the optical drive out to try cleaning it. Nightmare i'm having 😂
I tried to switch Red Dead Redemption from my PS4 internal hard drive onto an external hard drive and it would no longer work but as soon as I put it back on the internal one it played properly. Possibly it's the same issue for GT7 maybe?

Nobody's mentioned RAM AFAICT.

Could it be that GT7 uses a little bit more of it, thereby accessing an area that's corrupt / bad that the other games don't?

The consistency of the timing / position in the game that the error occurs regardless of storage media kinda points to this in my mind...

Last edited:

Could it be that GT7 uses a little bit more of it, thereby accessing an area that's corrupt / bad that the other games don't?

The consistency of the timing / position in the game that the error occurs regardless of storage media kinda points to this in my mind...
That might be a possible explanation, but it doesnt really matter, does it?
After finding out that neither a disc nor a download version of the game runs, there obviously is a very specific hardware issue to this console.

When you said GTS installed properly, did you try playing it a while to see if it's working correctly? Maybe even another game if you've got one? It just makes no sense they'd work while 7 won't so it could be a red herring. Load up a few long tracks to see if you can trigger a similar error.

You can't rule out your new HD isn't corrupt, either. Maybe check it on your friend's console to rule that out?
Yeah i played a good few hours of GTS, maybe 5 or 6 in total!

I tried to switch Red Dead Redemption from my PS4 internal hard drive onto an external hard drive and it would no longer work but as soon as I put it back on the internal one it played properly. Possibly it's the same issue for GT7 maybe?
That's strange isn't it, quite possible that's the problem then! I'll have to sort my optical drive out and try the original HDD back inside the PS4. Strange that neither of my two 1TB HDD's would work internally, nor the original 500GB as an external, when they work perfectly with any other game i've played! But definitely worth trying

I did have something along these lines in my head, because i imagined GT7 would use alot of the systems performance and expected long loading times etc, so i thought it was maybe just too much for my PS4 to handle as it does this at the exact point when the graphics really kick in!

I played it for over 4 hours last night on my sons PS4, now this morning i'm shattered 😂

That might be a possible explanation, but it doesnt really matter, does it?
After finding out that neither a disc nor a download version of the game runs, there obviously is a very specific hardware issue to this console.
Of course it matters mate (IMHO); the OP's looking for ideas as to what the issue might be.

There was no stipulation that troubleshooting needed to be confined to software.

Back