Could Kaz be driving ... Aston Martin at the Nürburgring?

  • Thread starter Thread starter snowgt
  • 65 comments
  • 7,164 views
Messages
2,990
Austria
Austria
Messages
GTP_SnowCrash
I found something interesting in this year's list of starters for the Nürburgring 24 hours. I originally wanted to know, if Kaz was taking part again, and while I didn't find his last name like it's usually spelled, I found this...

http://www.24h-rennen.de/uploads/media/ADAC_Zurich_24h-Rennen_Starterliste_2015_vorl.pdf

50 Aston Martin Test Centre - SP 8 Aston Martin GT12

Chris Harris Großbritannien
Shinichi Katsura Japan
Yamouchi Kazunori Japan
Andreas Gülden Reifferscheid

So, this could either a) be some other guy from Japan, or b) a different spelling of Kaz's name (or a typo which could easily have happened - an "o" for an "a").

Personally, I think it's too much of a coincidence, but that's just my gut feeling.
 
As far as i know, Kaz has been with Chris Harris on the Schulze days.

As fpr Shinichi Katsura, its interesting since he is one of the Spoon guy. Previously Kaz race with an Opera guy.

Interesting to see Kaz in the Aston Martin. Hes previously almost exclusive to the japanese cars.
 
Well, this could be promising. Seeing as all cars Kaz has driven at the Nurb in recent years (ISF, the many GTRs) have been put in the game, this might mean we will be getting an Aston Martin GT12 in a future update. Might.
 
Do you think this relationship between Yamauchi and Harris comes to support the idea of the possible inclusion of circuit Isle of Man TT in GT7?
 
Yes that's him, he is not listed with the Schultz Motorsport team. And the Aston GT12 would be a good addition for GT7 :D
 
Kaz isn't listed anywhere in AMR's pre race build up...
 
Here's the car he drove at the 4-hour VLN race on April 25th, the Aston Martin #140. Not sure if it's actually him behind the wheel though.

vln-2015-04-25-009.jpg


They finished 8th in the SP8 class in that race.

kazvln.jpg


At 0:15 you can see his name on the car.

kazvln2.jpg


Seems like they have it spelled the same way: "K. Yamouchi"

 
Last edited:
If he is there I'm going to do my best to find him, shake his hand, and say thank you ... In fact I might even give him a hug. In the last 15 years that man's vision has probably given me more hours of entertainment than any body else's, with the possible exception of David Gilmour..
 
It's strange that his name isn't listed at the end of that AMR video though. His car is listed (050 Vantage GT12) but his name isn't there.

The driver list for the N24 is about a month old while the video was published only half a week ago. So it's possible that he was scheduled to race with Aston Martin, but that something has changed scince then.
 
It's strange that his name isn't listed at the end of that AMR video though. His car is listed (050 Vantage GT12) but his name isn't there.

The driver list for the N24 is about a month old while the video was published only half a week ago. So it's possible that he was scheduled to race with Aston Martin, but that something has changed scince then.

Perhaps after the incident in March, Someone (either Sony or his family, both being understandable) was/were concerned about the possibility of that happening again and thus, advised him not to participate this time around. Sure he wasn't in the same class or car but you still have concerned parties.
 
Perhaps after the incident in March, Someone (either Sony or his family, both being understandable) was/were concerned about the possibility of that happening again and thus, advised him not to participate this time around. Sure he wasn't in the same class or car but you still have concerned parties.
What happened to him in March?
 
What happened to him in March?

Nothing happened to him, I was reffering to the fatal incident in March involving the GT-R and a spectator.
 
....If this is true, then I'm chuffed at a possibility of seeing this Aston racer pop up in near future. If not...well, Kaz, what are you doing in non-Nissan car????

{Oh, and lest I forget, hurry up with GT7, will ya.}
 
....If this is true, then I'm chuffed at a possibility of seeing this Aston racer pop up in near future. If not...well, Kaz, what are you doing in non-Nissan car????

{Oh, and lest I forget, hurry up with GT7, will ya.}

You meant what are you doing Kaz.... get back to the office & finish GT6 god dam it. :)





So that GT7 comes quicker.
 
I wouldn't mind having nearly every Aston Martin in GT.

Fingers crossed.

But the Lexus he raced in was never included in the game, was it?
 
The CCS-R is in, maybe he raced another one?
I believe the IS-F Touring Car is closer, as the CCS-R was a Pikes Peak car (?).
 
You meant what are you doing Kaz.... get back to the office & finish GT6 god dam it. :)





So that GT7 comes quicker.
I'll hope this is, and will take this as sarcasm.
 
Back