Could Kaz be driving ... Aston Martin at the Nürburgring?

• Thread starter snowgt
  • 65 comments
I found something interesting in this year's list of starters for the Nürburgring 24 hours. I originally wanted to know, if Kaz was taking part again, and while I didn't find his last name like it's usually spelled, I found this...

http://www.24h-rennen.de/uploads/media/ADAC_Zurich_24h-Rennen_Starterliste_2015_vorl.pdf

50 Aston Martin Test Centre - SP 8 Aston Martin GT12

Chris Harris Großbritannien
Shinichi Katsura Japan
Yamouchi Kazunori Japan
Andreas Gülden Reifferscheid

So, this could either a) be some other guy from Japan, or b) a different spelling of Kaz's name (or a typo which could easily have happened - an "o" for an "a").

Personally, I think it's too much of a coincidence, but that's just my gut feeling.

The free training started today;

The official drivers liste is there :
http://www.24h-rennen.de/uploads/media/ADAC_Zurich_24-rennen_Starterliste_2015.pdf

50 28 Aston Martin Test Centre

Harris, Chris GBR - Großbritannien
Mathai, Oliver DEU - Hannover
Cate, Peter GBR - Großbritannien
Gülden, Andreas DEU - Reifferscheid

After some recheach : no Yamouchi Kazunori on all the list :confused:

.....A false alarm??? :confused: Isn't there an article or something in that Pitsstopblog thingy? They are PDI mouthpiece aren't they?

Instead of faffing about on the racetrack, he should concentrate on his game making company

Unless he's quit as head of PD? I'm a bit behind with the latest, so I'm not sure if he's still there

I meant PD's photographers to scan cars and take pictures and stuff. The PitStop article will be interesting though.

Well, we were begging him to get the Opel Manta in. We are Opel guys so that's all we were asking for. Sorry.
No problem, I was just curious. :)

And I'd love a Manta.

Just noticed this while taking a look at Qualifying Live-timing, 33rd place:

Live timing.png

Yep. Hideki Yamauchi, Subaru driver.
I think that we need a little quote here:

Maybe one more time? Ok, no problem.

I've read Flaco13's posts.
Have I posted "Look! Kazunori Yamauchi, the GT creator, is definitely driving a Subaru!"? No.
I said I noticed a certain Yamauchi on that live-timing, that's it. It could've been him, or just another Japanese guy with the same name. Since some last-minute driver changes aren't so unusual at the N24h, I've posted that to have some more informations about it, like the one you provided.

I've read Flaco13's posts.
Have I posted "Look! Kazunori Yamauchi, the GT creator, is definitely driving a Subaru!"? No.
I said I noticed a certain Yamauchi on that live-timing, that's it. It could've been him, or just another Japanese guy with the same name. Since some last-minute driver changes aren't so unusual at the N24h, I've posted that to have some more informations about it, like the one you provided.
Ok, sorry, slight misunderstanding here :)

Back