Could the demo circuit be Spa?

• Thread starter Dessy182
  • 59 comments
Ireland
Carlow, Ireland
GTP_Dessy
It just occurred to me that Spa-Francorchamps is a section of an older and larger 14km circuit. When announced that the track for the demo would be a section of a track we all assumed Indy, but in theory Spa has a variation too. If PD decided to include the 14km track in the final game then I guess Spa is still a possibility for the demo right? I know it's a bit far fetched but maybe there will be a classic series for long track races that include more that just the original nurburgring?

What are your thoughts on this?

That would be awesome but we really can't be sure at this point. IMHO, if Spa make it into the game, it will be the layout we all know, where the F1 race occurs.

About the Nürb, the Sudschleife would be an awesome addition *_*

Judging from the fact that they are giving away tickets to Indy for US competitors I highly doubt it will be Spa.... I would much rather have Spa as well, but judging from the evidence we can find, I have ruled out Spa for about 99%.... And as you said your theory is a good one but a bit far-fetched... :) Theres always hope though....

I doubt it to be honest.

All though it does sound like a bloody good idea.

Also what would be awesome is brooklands, but in it's hey day.

well i think it would be cool to through it in.. that and the old monza... and while they are at it through in some turbo f1 cars :D

Judging from the fact that they are giving away tickets to Indy for US competitors I highly doubt it will be Spa.... I would much rather have Spa as well, but judging from the evidence we can find, I have ruled out Spa for about 99%.... And as you said your theory is a good one but a bit far-fetched... :) Theres always hope though....
Then it could also be Silverstone. The winners of the European demo will get their training there.

Or maybe one of Nissan's test tracks ? After all, they sponsor the event.

What are your thoughts on this?
Well, based on your theory any circuit which has/had more than one variation is potentially the circuit we'll see in the demo. It's more than a bit farfetched, as the old layout disappeared over 30 years ago.

Oval racing in 370z's? at least make the comp a NASCAR comp give us some real oval action.
It's generally assumed that if the circuit in the demo is indeed Indianapolis, then it'll be either the road course previously used by F1 or the current MotoGP layout.

See this is my thoughts, the demo was created for GT Academy in EU, NOT FOR THE US, so Indy would be useless to them. Since Silverstone is probably where they're going to practice and train, I think it might be more reasonable to add an EU circuit. If this demo was for the NA market, I would be more sure about Indy.

Plus it would be nice if they told us a track that we have no idea about being in the game. Since Indy is already known.

For all you know it could be the Bugatti circuit version of La Sarthe...

I think Indianapolis is most likely though.

I love the Indy MOTO GP course.... it better not be the Smooth bank rectangle/oval track.

What about the section of Silverstone that the first GT Academy participants did all of their training on? Can't remember the name of it.

What about the section of Silverstone that the first GT Academy participants did all of their training on? Can't remember the name of it.

I think its doubtful it will be there, drivers must be able to practice and learn new circuits. If the demo is on that circuit the actualy GT academy should be somewhere else.

70s?
The only older variations were Fuji 80s and Le Mans without the chicanes.
And both had just the shortcuts on the chicanes open.

The old Spa curcuit is completely different to the new one.
But to be honest, i doubt we will get Spa anyway, never mind the variation.

We could just wait the 10 days, ya know.

174758_f520.jpg

It 'could' be anything, frankly I personally love Spa due to the fact it's like a miniature Nürburgring, its still fairly long with huge elevation changes and some very nice corners, and the setting feels quite Nüburgring too. When I say 'feels', I mean 'feels' through a TV screen watching the F1 or, shudder, playing Ferrari Challenge.

However, rather than speculating I'm just going to wait until the demo is out. I know I'm nowhere near good enough to win, but I do like the 370Z, and for some reason I quite like race tuned cars as well.

I say the full 72 km of the Targa Florio - please.
Now that would be a true challenge.
And the fun would last long after Academy has crowned its new King of the Hill. It would even reach beyond the expected launch date for the next, full installment of GT5.

Last edited:
I was talking about this with a friend a couple of days ago and he thinks Europe will get Spa and North America will get Indianapolis.

Any chance of this?

I was talking about this with a friend a couple of days ago and he thinks Europe will get Spa and North America will get Indianapolis.

Any chance of this?

Only PD and Sony know.

However, if that is the case, I wonder if we could download both versions.

Latest Posts

Back