Countdown to Gran Turismo Mobile

• Thread starter MarcoM
  • 70 comments
Netherlands
The Netherlands
MarcoM1972
Okay, a lot of you are quite negative about this upcomming release of Gran Turismo Mobile. If yo are negative, please don't cast your doom in this thread.

This thread is for the enthousiasts of GT Mobile.

It has already a month ago since we heard of GT mobile. My initial thoughts were: my god that looks really good. I never expected it to be announced anymore.

From the E3 it is 4 months waiting. Already 1 month has gone :) 3 to go :crazy:

We saw great vids from the game but still I would like to see more vids and info comming to us.

Meanwhile I have to live a normal live. Working, being a husband and a father.

To get as much playtime when GT mobile arrives I plan to do a lot of stuff on my house before GTM gets here. Like renovating the bathroom (all the way) and removing 35 3,5 meter long trees from my garden. Especially the later is something that will not ready before oktober. But hey, at least it gives me the opportunity to do usefull things while waiting for the best psp game ever.

Another thing worth mentioning is that on some Dutch game sites there was talking about the psp go having a cpu that can reach 480 Mhz. This is faster than the PSP1000-3000 models. It was not said the psp go will run at this speed.

When I look at the E3 footage I really cannot say that the footage of the ol' psp looks slower that the footage on the psp go. Anyone agrees/disagrees?

Start the countdown, tell something about you awaiting GTM.

-I cannot wait to have a new full GT PSP experience on the go. XD

I'm looking forward to the challenge of unlocking 800+ cars :), a sure fire plan to kill time till the real thing.👍

I cant wait, 2 months and what 29? days to go,.
But TBH to me they both look the same running GT mobile as in the go and 3000, I think it would be illegal, for them to market this as a PSP game, you cant market a product for something that say in this case runs 20fps lower, you can add a few features within a game like nintendo are doing with the dsi, so if you play a DSI Enhanced game, it will get lets say in game custom music because of the more powerfull cpu, but when the company decides that it isnt another Iteration of a new system, then they must oblige to those set standards, as it could cause something as far as a court case for false advertising.

I cant wait, 2 months and what 29? days to go,.
But TBH to me they both look the same running GT mobile as in the go and 3000, I think it would be illegal, for them to market this as a PSP game, you cant market a product for something that say in this case runs 20fps lower, you can add a few features within a game like nintendo are doing with the dsi, so if you play a DSI Enhanced game, it will get lets say in game custom music because of the more powerfull cpu, but when the company decides that it isnt another Iteration of a new system, then they must oblige to those set standards, as it could cause something as far as a court case for false advertising.

I can't understand your giant run-on sentence. If you want people to understand what you're trying to say, then you'll need to use punctuation and correct grammar at the very least.

It never ceases to amaze me that people are handed one of the greatest communication tools in the history of man... then choose to use it so ineffectively. :ouch:

Ive had enough of stupid sentencing at school over the years, the most I want to do is have the correct spelling :P.

While waiting for GTM I surely also would like to play GT2 on the psp. But I can't for obvisous reasons.

Oh well , I am gonna have a spin on the Nordschleife and Le Mans right now.

Dazzi, I am glad that you also did not see any difference in fps on the old psp and psp go. :0

But I bet Sony will come up one day with a game that "supports" the higher cpu cycle. But hopefully the Go will be cheaper by then.

I just got my little ol' gt2 on my psp, so, untill october 1st i should have races to do on the psp lol. As far for the real gt mobile, i am thrilled, the first time i saw a psp on a magazine (about 4~5 years ago, nut sure though), there it was, a picture of a umd of ''GT4 Mobile'', and from that day on i could only dream of a psp version of gt. And now it's really coming:D

on another topic, id really love to see the car thread updated . .💡

yeah that umd and package of GT4 mobile.... sigh.... I really had no hopes for it anymore. But now :D

Last night I did some wipeout pulse racing on the psp. Although it is still the best racer (my opinion) on psp, I have a hard time finding it enjoyable any longer.

I think I am going to wacht the anime Wangan Midnight Express. That's still on my list to do... :P

I can't wait, the graphics look amazing. I hope there's some newer cars though, looks to be very similar to GT4.

I will get the game on launch day , honestly I cant wait to play the game , there aren´t a lot of racing games on psp (I mean good racing games) just midnight club LA and Ienjoy playing initial d but I am stucked so I just can´t wait to have the best racing game on my psp !!!

Initially I like Midnight club LA remix. But after a while it bekomes boring.

Initial D I also played that one. Good effort. But the tv series itself is the one I enjoy more.

Although it will be no match for GT mobile, I started again with the two Burnout games on psp. Not really realistic, but it plays well on the psp.

Edit: OKay I am finished with Burnout, too boring. Back to the Wipeout games for psp untill GT mobile arives.

In the meantime I almost finished my shed (making from 2 fragile, 1 solid shed). I saw The Fast and the Furious 4, crap movie. I went to the fancy fair in our town. Although rainy my 15 month old girl seem to enjoy it and thus my wife and I also had fun.

Last edited:
I have to be honest, I want GTMobile more than GT5 right now. Just imagining 800 cars in my hands while i'm in a car, makes me just want to break into Sony's headquarters, take a copy, and leave the money on the counter. And also because I don't have a PS3 to play a GT5 on right now.

Allthough time flies during daytime (busy during my vacation with redoing the bathroom) I have to admit that the news around GTM really fills me with joy. The latest screens look really good. The addition of a cockpitview is also very cool. I just started using this view in GT5p. Now it will alse be in GTM :D

Well these are going to be a very expensive few months leading into Christmas -

1) Laptop's USB's aren't working (hardware related)

Purchase a Netbook or Laptop before Seasonal Parties and events ($300-$500)

2) Last mobile game system I have is a Gameboy Color, haven't played it since 2000

Seriously considering GT-M and a PSPgo but I'm disappointed its only slightly less than the new Slim PS3 console.

3) Purchase a first gen PS3 that's Hardware Backwards Compatible (60gb/20gb) or get a Slim PS3

All said and done roughly $900 in purchases.... Lucky I already have a 24" LCD (1920x1200) with DVI input unused at the moment, but that might change if I get a VGA box for my Dreamcast.

Anyway, I like the idea of playing GT-M but I'm afraid I might only be playing it at home...Unless I make a point to go outside more ;) If I go get it ahead of GT5's release, then that gives me roughly 3 months to finish PRD2 (76%) and PRD3 (65%) and GT4 (60%) finished.

It will be great to race people online and who knows what else you can do with it (trade cars?)

I have to be honest, I want GTMobile more than GT5 right now. Just imagining 800 cars in my hands while i'm in a car, makes me just want to break into Sony's headquarters, take a copy, and leave the money on the counter. And also because I don't have a PS3 to play a GT5 on right now.

Bingo! I want GT:M on launch day :D
I only have about 3ish months to save up for a PS3. It might be a squeeze to get one in tme for GT5 :nervous:

Latest Posts

Back