COURSE MAKER found in recent update game code!

• Thread starter Streeto
  • 374 comments
What I think when I see off-topic negativity on GTPlanet:

0291e2a1a3d0426507ce288b0dda61b0.jpg
You could've used Roman Bellic from GTA IV....

I wonder if there's still a chance we could get the original 100x100km course maker. It's such an insane area, that I don't think the ps3 could handle.

With that size we could have almost all spanish locations in the game in just one map.

FpIgXN3.jpg

Actually, it's just press buzz to state 100km X 100km or even 20X20 km square in a racing game.

Battlefield uses a truly square space because you can fly over it, etc. It's free roaming. It needs to actually have all that space.

In games like GT, it just streams what's visible from the track, so picture it like a ribbon. If you have the memory storage space for all the assets, you could just stream them in for as long as you like, queuing up the next portion of track . This is how the Nurburgring and Sierra work for the moment. You can see this in action if you watch the replay and skip ahead quite a bit. You'll get a bunch of black screen as the assets that are supposed to come up next are dumped out of memory and the new location gets streamed into memory.

BF will stream assets as well, but it's a little less optimal because of the various directions a player can go.

Actually, it's just press buzz to state 100km X 100km or even 20X20 km square in a racing game.
But a 'course maker' is likely to make a representation of a rectangle of some kind. Even if it were somewhat arbitrary and merely to give the person using the program an idea of what to expect.

But a 'course maker' is likely to make a representation of a rectangle of some kind. Even if it were somewhat arbitrary and merely to give the person using the program an idea of what to expect.

Nope. No reason to do that at all. If it were a terrain generator, then yes. That's what BF uses. But, since you can never free roam, it's just the ribbon. The rest is just low poly and low res texture. There is nothing beyond the clipping plane.

One of the things I most curious about the course maker, is to see if the other photomode locations (Syracusa, Valencia and Gemasolar) are also CA themes like Ronda. If they are, that would explain why there's so few of them and why they dropped all the ones from GT5.

17VWFU3.jpg

pv80b5H.jpg

Battlefield uses a truly square space because you can fly over it, etc. It's free roaming. It needs to actually have all that space.

In games like GT, it just streams what's visible from the track, so picture it like a ribbon. If you have the memory storage space for all the assets, you could just stream them in for as long as you like, queuing up the next portion of track . This is how the Nurburgring and Sierra work for the moment. You can see this in action if you watch the replay and skip ahead quite a bit. You'll get a bunch of black screen as the assets that are supposed to come up next are dumped out of memory and the new location gets streamed into memory.

BF will stream assets as well, but it's a little less optimal because of the various directions a player can go.
Can also see it when you go back to the pre-race screen and the track gradually rebuilds itself as you're looking at it :P.

It happens on SSRX as well.

As of today it's exactly 500 days since GT6 launch.

To putt things into perspective GTA5 MP Heists patch was released 539 days after the launch.

Not "awaiting" CM myself but just thought it was interesting. :dopey:

Based on that logic we only have about 1,117 days left before PD adds it.

I would like to insure myself so that nothing happens to me before saying anything first. Ok. Allow me to present some optimistic news. As I stare into my Crystal ball I see course maker found in a vision, Well I see we will get a Course Maker soon and I also see PD dev staff course maker on their computer screens as I hover around the studio, but wait I see more screens with Acceleration Test so I will get my Acceleration and Top Speed testing tool first. You heard it from me! :lol:. I will it into being via thought waves to PD dev staff. Well you can dream and dreams come in lucid state buts its real and happening to you, other people just can't see it but its there. And then Viola ...it appears and everyone sees it. Now it's real! until then ..to be concluded!💡 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm not sure if CM will debut with a demo track as a stage for GTA2015. I've noticed a recurring theme of real-world tracks used for the qualifiers hosted through special events. The only times I see fictional tracks was when Autumn Ring was used in GTA2013 on the stand-alone demo, but that appearance felt more like part of the GT6 portion of the demo instead of the main qualifier.

Latest Posts

Back