COURSE MAKER found in recent update game code!

• Thread starter Streeto
  • 374 comments
I wonder if there's still a chance we could get the original 100x100km course maker. It's such an insane area, that I don't think the ps3 could handle.

With that size we could have almost all spanish locations in the game in just one map.

FpIgXN3.jpg

I wonder if there's still a chance we could get the original 100x100km course maker. It's such an insane area, that I don't think the ps3 could handle.

With that size we could have almost all spanish locations in the game in just one map.

FpIgXN3.jpg

It's been narrowed down to 20 square kilometers. What is the square root of 20?

So we have established that 300,000 people turn on their consoles when an update comes out and run a lap to get a free car in-game. Doubt even 1/3 of those players play every day.
Exactly. 200k online playing Battlefield for enjoyment vs 200k that sign in for a couple of laps in a Seasonal over a period of a couple of weeks to get a free car and earn money that they must have to buy things in the game. Big difference as you point out. 👍

Exactly. 200k online playing Battlefield for enjoyment vs 200k that sign in for a couple of laps in a Seasonal over a period of a couple of weeks to get a free car and earn money that they must have to buy things in the game. Big difference as you point out. 👍
Try to be the number one... and you will see 'enjoyment'...

Does the consistant use of every swear word everytime someone noscopes or rage quits after a head shot really count as "enjoyment"? :lol:

When i gold a seasonal on the first day its available and get 35000 place on that 1 1/2 year old racing game its pretty amazing!

When i gold a seasonal on the first day its available and get 35000 place on that 1 1/2 year old racing game its pretty amazing!

That's simply not possible, according to experts in this thread, there aren't even 35000 people playing GT anymore.

What was the latest report from Kaz on the size of the CM? 20x20 km? If so, here's an image of what 15 square kilometers looks like over Denver.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 6

FpIgXN3.jpg
Ahh,the original dream. Then it was 50x50,wait 20x20...it will still be enough for 4 Nurburgrings.

So what is it going to be PD?!

What was the latest report from Kaz on the size of the CM? 20x20 km? If so, here's an image of what 15 square kilometers looks like over Denver.

20x20 would be 400 square kilometers, which is roughly 5x5 of those 15 square kilometer grids.

I do wonder how fundamentally different the GT6 course maker will be over the GT5 course maker. 20x20 square miles seems like a very big area.

I do hope April will finally see it's reveal.

I don't remember it ever being 20 KM^2, I swear it was always talked about in values of dxd. It started at 100x100, then went to 50x50, then 20x20.

Yup, after digging around, I haven't found anything lower than a 20x20 KM slot of land... Which is 400 KM^2. As stated in the articles, 4x the area used for the Nürburgring.

image.jpg
image.jpg

At this point I have no clue of PD will actually deliver on this front, but as for sources, I'm not sure where people are pulling the 20 KM^2 figure from.

What I think when I see off-topic negativity on GTPlanet:

0291e2a1a3d0426507ce288b0dda61b0.jpg

On topic, question with proposed distances of the creation area with Course Maker. Is there a possibility that the proposed distance of creation area can be shrunk if scenery like mountains and other objects get added by the user due to processing power of PS3?

This was a technical question I was wondering about for a while and I have een meaning to ask. If it has been answered already, please point me in the right direction. Thanks.

Last edited:
20x20 would be 400 square kilometers, which is roughly 5x5 of those 15 square kilometer grids.

I don't remember it ever being 20 KM^2, I swear it was always talked about in values of dxd. It started at 100x100, then went to 50x50, then 20x20.

Yup, after digging around, I haven't found anything lower than a 20x20 KM slot of land... Which is 400 KM^2. As stated in the articles, 4x the area used for the Nürburgring.

At this point I have no clue of PD will actually deliver on this front, but as for sources, I'm not sure where people are pulling the 20 KM^2 figure from.

Ok wow, I've completely underestimated the area's size. 400 square km is slightly smaller than the country of Barbados. Now that the CM is the final major feature to be released I've been trying to put its size into perspective.

Ok wow, I've completely underestimated the area's size. 400 square km is slightly smaller than the country of Barbados. Now that the CM is the final major feature to be released I've been trying to put its size into perspective.

It still remains to be seen what the final size will be, it's been a while since the 20x20 figure was mentioned and a lot of things may have happened since then.

100% your own idea of it and your personal opinion.

It still remains to be seen what the final size will be, it's been a while since the 20x20 figure was mentioned and a lot of things may have happened since then.

20km x 20km would be enough if there will be a few different areas with each 20x20 and when we're able to create our tracks exactly as we want like in V-Rally 2 for example.

As few areas i would prefer Andalusia, Mountain, Forest and maybe Desert. But let's see what PD will give us, hopefully it won't be a big disappointment.

20km x 20km would be enough if there will be a few different areas with each 20x20 and when we're able to create our tracks exactly as we want like in V-Rally 2 for example.

As few areas i would prefer Andalusia, Mountain, Forest and maybe Desert. But let's see what PD will give us, hopefully it won't be a big disappointment.

I don't really care much about the size of the area, I'm more interested in what you'll be able to do with it. With good tools to work with I'd be happy with an area of 1x1 km. A bigger area would probably mean more variation though so in the long run a bigger area would be better.

A coastline would be nice to have as well. Perhaps an island?

So we have established that 300,000 people turn on their consoles when an update comes out and run a lap to get a free car in-game. Doubt even 1/3 of those players play
every day.
Like I said, I'm not the fastest, but I'm arguably above average. I bronzed my first set time in a Seasonal Event and ended up with a ranking well above 200,000. Some people may just set a time to get the car, but it doesn't mean even all of THOSE people don't regularly play the game. I don't usually try my best when I do a Seasonal Event, but when I like the track, the race or if I'm trying to beat someone's time, then I'll focus on A Seasonal Event.

Does someone have to "play every day" to qualify as a regular GT6 player?

(people's feelings pertaining to a game failing can greatly be... off)
To quote what I said earlier, this statement can also say, "people's definitions pertaining to what qualifies someone as a regular player can vary from person to person"; some people jump from game to game, some people only play a single game once every few days, once a week, once every other week and so on.

YOU DOUBT 1/3 of 300,000 players turn in, turn up and take a spin in GT6 EVERY DAY. That is grand.

100% your own idea of it and your personal opinion.
Nice, but untrue. Seasonals are temporary events that have a reward or prize. I don't think it would be going too far to assume that the vast majority of people entering the event do so just to claim the prizes and run a lap or two. Over a period of the life of the event, you get 200-300k total entries. This is a lot different than 200k people playing BFH at any given moment, and unless it's the same 200k people for 24 hours, it translates into hundreds of thousands or indeed possibly millions of visitors online per day. If you really think that's in the same ballpark as 200k people entering a single event over a period of weeks...well...you're wrong.

Why are we comparing the playing figures of GT6 to Battlefield Hardline? It just came out on Tuesday... BF4 would be a better example/comparision.

Here you go, but the number of players is even lower.

http://bf4stats.com/

And on the subject, has spoke ever Polyphony whether there would be more "themes" for the course maker apart from Andalusia?

I just hope that Course Maker is awesome. It has a lot of hype around it, and the same thing happened to B-Spec. In the end, B-Spec in GT6 was totally unnecessary.

Back