COURSE MAKER found in recent update game code!

• Thread starter Streeto
  • 374 comments
Yes but it replicates an open road course which should have bumps and so, so i dont think it will be possible to choose the tarmac bumpiness or to choose a generally bumpy theme.

That is specifically Sierra though. It doesn't necessarily set the tone for choosing how rough or smooth the road is, it just sierra itself being smooth. PD made that course and likely set it to be that smooth, doesn't necessarily mean we won't have the choice of a different surface ourselves.

This was taken from the official GT6 website, has the wording changed?

Course Maker

This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.

This was taken from the official GT6 website, has the wording changed?

Course Maker

This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.
been like that since start I think

My guess is something like this:

Heh, I had a video like that and managed to land on another car. However as far as I remember you cannot take photos from high up like that, you are still restricted to the normal height boundaries set in photomode (about 3-4 meters from the ground), as you can see on the right of that video. You'll notice it's the same in GT6 if you've ever tried taking a photo when you've got some major air, such as flying over the jump at Rifflesee or slamming the banked curve at SSRX at 300mph, the camera in photomode will not let you raise it up to the car's level. Pretty sure only a modded console can do it.

Heh, I had a video like that and managed to land on another car. However as far as I remember you cannot take photos from high up like that, you are still restricted to the normal height boundaries set in photomode (about 3-4 meters from the ground), as you can see on the right of that video. You'll notice it's the same in GT6 if you've ever tried taking a photo when you've got some major air, such as flying over the jump at Rifflesee or slamming the banked curve at SSRX at 300mph, the camera in photomode will not let you raise it up to the car's level. Pretty sure only a modded console can do it.
True enough, but what about direct capture?

Only a modded console can yield a car like that in GT6. ;)

*sigh*

Figured I'd check up on the status of course maker. It appears that there still isn't one... even though the game released in 2013, and we're almost a quarter of the way into 2015. At this point, what's the point? If it ever does arrive, and that's a massive "if," that's going to be great news for the five or ten remaining GT6 players.

GT6 is the worst-selling Gran Turismo in the history of the franchise (just focusing on core GT titles, not Prologue BS), at about a quarter of the sales of GT5. It desperately needs something to keep the series relevant, but right now the only reason for anyone to buy Gran Turismo is that they don't own an Xbox and just settle for a washed-up has-been. Project CARS is on its way and Forza Motorsport 6 will be here by year's end. When people are playing Project CARS and then FM6, there won't be any reason for course maker to matter.

Thanks for absolutely nothing, PD. Better luck with GT7, whenever that gets here in 2017 or later... "But, but, but Kaz said..." Stuff it. We know better than to expect it any time remotely soon.

*sigh*

Figured I'd check up on the status of course maker. It appears that there still isn't one... even though the game released in 2013, and we're almost a quarter of the way into 2015. At this point, what's the point? If it ever does arrive, and that's a massive "if," that's going to be great news for the five or ten remaining GT6 players.

GT6 is the worst-selling Gran Turismo in the history of the franchise (just focusing on core GT titles, not Prologue BS), at about a quarter of the sales of GT5. It desperately needs something to keep the series relevant, but right now the only reason for anyone to buy Gran Turismo is that they don't own an Xbox and just settle for a washed-up has-been. Project CARS is on its way and Forza Motorsport 6 will be here by year's end. When people are playing Project CARS and then FM6, there won't be any reason for course maker to matter.

Thanks for absolutely nothing, PD. Better luck with GT7, whenever that gets here in 2017 or later... "But, but, but Kaz said..." Stuff it. We know better than to expect it any time remotely soon.

Those "5 to 10" people still playing GT6 are actually more than 100,000 as you can see in the seasonal events rankings.

In fact, GT6's actual players is a number far superior to that of other best selling games much newer, such as Battlefield Hardline.

http://bfhstats.com/

Please also note that most of dedicated players have left the old consoles after the longest generation in history.

GT6 sales, despite being the smallest of the series as expected due to its launch subsequent off PS4, are superior to those of Forza 5, and far superior to those of Forza Horizon 2, latest installment of the saga.

The truth is that the driving genre as a whole is losing mass market appeal and all the classic driving sagas (like Toca/Grid, Collin Mc Rae/Dirt, Ridge Racer, etc) are down sales.

Project Cars will be lucky to reach sales of the Crew.

Gran Turismo, Toca/Grid, Collin Mc Rae/Dirt, Ridge Racer are down because the games are substantially worse than they have been in the past.

Cant comment on Forza or Crew or PCars

Those "5 to 10" people still playing GT6 are actually more than 100,000 as you can see in the seasonal events rankings.

In fact, GT6's actual players is a number far superior to that of other best selling games much newer, such as Battlefield Hardline.

http://bfhstats.com/

Please also note that most of dedicated players have left the old consoles after the longest generation in history.

GT6 sales, despite being the smallest of the series as expected due to its launch subsequent off PS4, are superior to those of Forza 5, and far superior to those of Forza Horizon 2, latest installment of the saga.

The truth is that the driving genre as a whole is losing mass market appeal and all the classic driving sagas (like Toca/Grid, Collin Mc Rae/Dirt, Ridge Racer, etc) are down sales.

Project Cars will be lucky to reach sales of the Crew.
Those Battlefield Hardline stats indicate there are currently 200,000 right now, at this moment,playing the game. You think there are 200k people playing GT6 online?:lol::lol::lol:. Before Quick Match you were lucky some weeknights (in North America) to have 100 lobbies worldwide. That translates to less than 1000 people in open lobbies in the entire world. The online numbers for GT6 are a pimple on an elephants ass compared to BFH.

People still waiting for the Course Maker? I'll laugh if it's being saved for GT7 because "PS3 so limited...." Do that, than Kaz would've lied to all the faces who he promised to give "in a future update". Even if it comes, will it be any good? I'm not expecting anything spectacular so I'm not holding my breath (even though I wasn't), especially after knowing what PD did with B-Spec. That feature alone was a 1 year wait too, so imgaine this feature now :lol:). Anyways before "the White Armored Folk" start defending (as always despite Kaz keeping them in the dark for so, so long), back on topic. Okay, 15 months and counting. Soon to be 16 months. :sly:

There have been times when the amount of races held in Quick Match exceeded over 120,000. My first time doing the MINI VGT seasonal (the day before it expired), my first ranking was over around 200,000 and still getting the bronze. I did end up golding it after 10 or so full attempts which moved me up to around 55,000, I believe. Point is, I'm not amazing at setting quick lap times, but I'm definitely above average. So to get a ranking over 200,000 tells me that there are a crapload more people who did worse than me (maybe even trying it once, just to get the car), meaning there are a CRAPLOAD of people who still play GT6, week to week.

People don't believe it (when they don't even own the game and consider GT5 and GT6 as failures). As a racing sim on consoles and going up against NFS or other arcade type racing games, the amount of people playing GT6 to this day should be enough "proof" (people's feelings pertaining to a game failing can greatly be... off) it's a successful, even more, it's still a highly successful series in the VIDEO GAME (and racing) world.

Those Battlefield Hardline stats indicate there are currently 200,000 right now, at this moment,playing the game. You think there are 200k people playing GT6 online?:lol::lol::lol:. Before Quick Match you were lucky some weeknights (in North America) to have 100 lobbies worldwide. That translates to less than 1000 people in open lobbies in the entire world. The online numbers for GT6 are a pimple on an elephants ass compared to BFH.
hahaha Oh, Johnny. How dare you! :P I won't provide "pics or gtfo" proof that there are more than 200,000 users playing GT6 every day or every week. It's a fact.

With the next Time Trial Seasonal Event, go ahead and wait until the final day you can rank in an event. Drive as slowly as you possibly can, then see what your ranking ends up at.
Hell, the amount of races shown that are held in Quick Match during peak hours should be proof enough.

Last edited:
I will "Crucify" Kazunori Yamauchi if the creator app is only for App Store! ;)

I bet that's exactly the case. Japan use iPhones so logically for Kaz the only apps that needs to get done are for the iOS.

PDLogic™

As for the people playing the game - there is still plenty. It's hard to tell because most of them could be having connection issues. :lol: PD is very lucky to have a fanbase like that. GT7 is their last chance though.

People still waiting for the Course Maker? I'll laugh if it's being saved for GT7 because "PS3 so limited...." Do that, than Kaz would've lied to all the faces who he promised to give "in a future update". Even if it comes, will it be any good? I'm not expecting anything spectacular so I'm not holding my breath (even though I wasn't), especially after knowing what PD did with B-Spec. That feature alone was a 1 year wait too, so imgaine this feature now :lol:). Anyways before "the White Armored Folk" start defending (as always despite Kaz keeping them in the dark for so, so long), back on topic. Okay, 15 months and counting. Soon to be 16 months. :sly:

I know right - said this few pages back as well. Why on earth would someone expect the CM to be great when everything else wasn't ?

I advise everyone hyped for CM to moderate their expectations A LOT.

I was interested in this so I set a REALLY slow lap time (even for me!) with the Mini VGT, and found myself at rank 288,000+

I know right - said this few pages back as well. Why on earth would someone expect the CM to be great when everything else wasn't ?

I advise everyone hyped for CM to moderate their expectations A LOT.
Agreed man, tell me about it. I hope to find that post so I can like it.

I bet you if the CM does ever come, everyone will instantly forgive PD and say "PD is best developer ever, see they do listen" even after waiting for 15 months and counting for a feature that was advertised in 2013. LOL

Agreed man, tell me about it. I hope to find that post so I can like it.

I bet you if the CM does ever come, everyone will instantly forgive PD and say "PD is best developer ever, see they do listen" even after waiting for 15 months and counting for a feature that was advertised in 2013. LOL

Not if it turns out like the "new & more powerful b-spec" :)

Back