Course Maker: how big is it and when can we expect it?

• Thread starter kogunenjou
  • 519 comments
Yeah... I'd say that's news.

Holy cow, I'm just now learning that my birthday is one day before Kaz's??

Mine is the same as... a certain American dictator's... meh. :P

Yeah... I'd say that's news.

Holy cow, I'm just now learning that my birthday is one day before Kaz's??

Mine is the same as... a certain American dictator's... meh. :P
And Jeff Gordon's. And three days after mine.

The fact that the track is called / referenced as "andalusia.Circuito de la Sierra" implies that "andalusia" is a course maker location (which I distinctly remember Translator-san mis-pronouncing in the Silverstone unveiling event last May, in respect of "picking your own course"), and that the upcoming new track, already in the game, is the fabled "pre-made" course maker track ahead of the full-fat version.

If it is indeed what we know as "Zahara", then it looks like we're in for some fun when the tools section gets updated, because Andalucía may possibly include both Ronda and Zahara!

Mine is the same as Jackie Chan's. Beat that.
Fred West. :ill:
Or Horatio Nelson. :D

EDIT: Whoah. Weird script bug with the post there... Ctrl-C automatically Ctrl-V'd :odd:

I hope that with the sound issue now fully answered they will give us a response on this topic soon. (Edit: maybe in combination with the release of the Sierra track?)

Mine is the same as Jackie Chan's. Beat that.
The only one to beat that would be Chuck Norris, because... well, Chuck Norris.

But seriously, Jackie is The Man.

As for Andalucia, I'm thinking this means that PD has modeled a huge area, but can only load in sections of it. Hey, I'd be fine with that.

If GT7 can just be released in a little over a year, I could wait for a monster version of all the toys I want to play with: Race Mod, Livery Editor, Event Maker, and Course Maker covering a hundred square miles or more. Just imagine a point-to-point Rally race 20 or 30 miles long. On PS3, probably impossible, but on PS4? We can dream... :D

I do want as much of that in GT6 as possible, so... Kaz, early Christmas present?

I hope that with the sound issue now fully answered they will give us a response on this topic soon. (Edit: maybe in combination with the release of the Sierra track?)
Hopefully we get as thorough an answer as the sound topic did. I'd love to see why PD went with GT5's course maker and how they hoped to improve it with GT6's (theoretical) course maker.

Last edited:
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=123200006&postcount=7327

granturismo6_76ajsx.png

granturismo6_6l4jf4.png

The images (of Nurburgring, that is) sorta make sense, since 10km x 10km is about 6-1/4 miles square, and last I heard, the new coursemaker max footprint area was set to be a 10km square.

EDIT: to be clear, use google earth to view the area around Nurburgring with the scale showing 6.5miles (or 10Km if you're mile-challenged), you'll see what I mean

Last edited:
To go along with xiando's post, I'd quote Whistle Snap's thoughts:
Four huge open environments with a track, maybe these are possible Course Maker themes? I believe they will be, why else would they build these tracks this way?

(piccie snips - just go to the thread and gawk, it's linked by his nick)

When the other tracks are like tunnels plonked in the middle of 360 photo of the backdrop, so no possible way to use them in Course Maker.

:eek::eek: It's happening and I'm clearly not ready!!!!!!! :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

EDIT: Wait this is the Nurburgring backdrop? Should I get hyped or not someone tell me!!?? :confused::confused:
The Russian case of GT6 mentioned that you would be able to edit existing tracks

Being able to reverse ALL tracks would be AWESOME!!!!! :) :gtpflag:
Err... I know that at first blush this idea is pretty cool, but in my experience, some tracks just don't work in reverse. I really wasn't impressed with Codies' decision to reverse Spa, Indy Infield and a couple of other tracks in GRID. Of course it does in essence double the track count, but I'm just sayin', some require aspirin.

Back