Course Maker in GT6?

• Thread starter ffjjbb
  • 786 comments
I am not sure if it has been already mentioned somewhere in this thread, i didnt read everything and its been a lot time i havent followed the forum closely.
Just got the news now, and thats really exciting to me. Maybe everyone here is already aware of this feature.

Currently on the front page regarding the russian box, a member "jpcxn" has Quoted the following from the box:
“the whole world is waiting to become your autodrome [race track],”
And he(she) has commented" for me is an allusion to the GPS feature, where you could import a gps tracked route to the game."

Wow... mind blown... it would make sense...especially the association with an phone app.

1) Turn on your phone GPS and GT6 app.
2) hop into your real car, drive around your neighborhood
3) trace the best track you can within that 20x20 miles square (slowly, you are not yet racing)
4) come back home, imoport your real route
5) make it available online and invite all your friends to race vritually your daily school route loop

Who needs trres still?

I am not sure if it has been already mentioned somewhere in this thread, i didnt read everything and its been a lot time i havent followed the forum closely.
Just got the news now, and thats really exciting to me. Maybe everyone here is already aware of this feature.

Currently on the front page regarding the russian box, a member "jpcxn" has Quoted the following from the box:
And he(she) has commented" for me is an allusion to the GPS feature, where you could import a gps tracked route to the game."

Wow... mind blown... it would make sense...especially the association with an phone app.

3) trace the best track you can within that 20x20 miles square (slowly, you are not yet racing)
5) make it available online and invite all your friends to race vritually your daily school route loop

Who needs trres still?

Slow down champ! Expecting that would be a straight up recipe for dissapointment. I don't get it why people still expect that, based on a PR-tagline. 'The whole world is waiting to be your autodrome.' sounds to me the same as 'The drive of your life.', GT4's tagline. I thought it was clearly said that the GPS function would be something in the veins of driving a lap in your car on a supported circuit (and perhaps even only in the Toyota GT86) and then recreating the ghost in GT6...

Slow down champ! Expecting that would be a straight up recipe for dissapointment. I don't get it why people still expect that, based on a PR-tagline. 'The whole world is waiting to be your autodrome.' sounds to me the same as 'The drive of your life.', GT4's tagline. I thought it was clearly said that the GPS function would be something in the veins of driving a lap in your car on a supported circuit (and perhaps even only in the Toyota GT86) and then recreating the ghost in GT6...

I think people expect that based on one of the first flyers that was leaked around the Silverstone announcement. It showed that you could create a track from GPS data, as well as Brands Hatch being one of the circuits. Brands Hatch has since been officially confirmed so some think the GPS feature is therefore probably going to be in.

Create tracks from your real-life drives and favourite routes with the new GPS data feature.

Was what was said on the flyer, thought it has since dissapeared from the previous link, much like the confirming of Bathurst on the Sony or GT ? website.

Although personally I am skeptical I can understand where people get this idea from, and if it is implemented like this it would be awesome. But as I said I remain skeptical.

track creator latest build

24804-112615-Excitebike5JUpng-468x.jpg

ExciteBike, wow, old times man, I used to play this daily, awesome game, still play it on my PC when I'm bored :)

Here's a wild theory.

How about, if it's possible to record your drive in your real car, with the GPS app, then upload it for others to share?

If you take the number of people who have bought GT5 as an example, then you really could end up with, virtually, "the whole world" to drive around? ;)

Cheers,
Amateur1.

Funny you are quoting that particular sentence. Surprises awaits.

I smile every time I see one of your teasers Amar, but this one left me grinning like an idiot for quite some time :D

Funny you are quoting that particular sentence.

Surprises awaits.

If you are not denying, then you must be agreeing or confirming the below scenario >>>

Who needs trres still?
Honey i shrink my commute to a fast virtual reality.

Here's a wild theory.

How about, if it's possible to record your drive in your real car, with the GPS app, then upload it for others to share?

If you take the number of people who have bought GT5 as an example, then you really could end up with, virtually, "the whole world" to drive around? ;)

Cheers,
Amateur1.
Your scenario is too restrictive to match the above quote, or would encourage chaos and danger in real life.
Too many people would be trying to drive fast IRL, if not on close circuits, to be beaten so easily in virtual reality.

The intent is to enjoy virtual reality... not drive people to race in real life.

But using you cell phone and your car to draw courses... now that something.... we all could become google cars...

Last edited:
I can't find course maker screenshots and only 40 days!.
Where can we find real images of the track editor? Any clue?

There are none, just like there is no gamplay video or screenshots of most of the new features in GT6.

I think kaz is keeping the new features on a low-down because he doesn't want to throw it all out there before the game is even out.

If I was him I wouldn't want to spoil something like that until everybody can actually experience it for themselves.

There will always be pessimistic people in this community that will turn his actions into a negative assumption.

I prefer to be realistic.

Hmmm..something must have changed and I missed it because Sony had Ronda listed as a "photomode" location last time I checked, not part of the course maker. Do you have reference for this change?

It was described as a place you could pick your own routes out of before it was described as a photo mode location.

Skip to 13:50.

it appears that what @CTznOfTime is talking about in post #394 may be heading our way..

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/products/gt6/
icon_course-maker.png

Course Maker
This feature, available at a later stage through an update, will allow you to create your own custom tracks that can be driven in the game. Additionally, in another update we will add the possibility to generate a track by capturing the GPS coordinate data of a mobile app while you are driving that course. This GPS-generated tracks will be available in the game as playable content.
icon_gps.png

GPS Visualiser

In a future update, we will add the GPS Visualiser. This is a feature that allows you to import Controller Area Network (CAN), used to regulate automobile systems, and GPS coordinate data from a real life car into Gran Turismo 6, and visualise the data as a replay in the game. The feature is planned to be compatible with the Toyota Motor Corporation’s CAN-Gateway ECU.

also, it looks like we may have the ability to do some SERIOUS Autocrossing in GT6. This stadium normally has a full track with a different surface (grass?) infield. They mention being able to remove barriers and place cones. Now look..

i18U9nFxPsJPe8E.jpg

I am excite!

Creating your tracks, is all I needed to hear. That's honestly one of my most favorite features in any racing game, and I'm so so happy that GT6 is finally getting that. :D

Super excited!!

If it is and you don't have one then it's time to upgrade

yeah thats the proper attitude! Everybody just get the SAME phone! While we're at it, lets all get the same clothes and if at all possible, let's all have the same thoughts! yay! Anyone preffering to be a bit unique, be gone!

No offense to you, JSB, but I can't stand this iphone elitist attitude. It's like all of these american girls walking around wearing the SAME EXACT BLACK YOGA PANTS. Do none of them realize they all look like a bunch of pods created in a lab? I mean, I enjoy the female figure more than most, but come ON. The same pants for everyone?

yeah thats the proper attitude! Everybody just get the SAME phone!

There are many different phones running Android...

For the social features they talk of mobile web site so it should work with every kind of device. If they want to record properly gps data and other stuff then they need to develop native apps. They will have to make a choice and usually Android & iOS are the common/logical choices. It's just a question of money...

To be fair, if you want a phone, you don't need an android or "iphone".

You can get a phone that does everything any other PHONE can do for 10% of the price.

People tend to confuse the word "phone" with handheld computer (android, iphone etc.).

Personally, I don't need the internet on the go. Some people do and I get that, but other people just want something because their friend has it and they feel left out. That's mindless consumerism right there for you.

I would consider getting a smartphone for the fact it's a GPS+Phone built in one, but the rest of the features are just a gimmick in my opinion. Until I actually need a GPS though, smartphones are a waste of money in my eyes.

I hope that the GPS app will not be restricted to iOS and Android phones. Probably wishful thinking.

You know very well how I feel.
I own a WP8 phone and the reason why there are "no apps" for it is due to app developers thinking WP is an unprofitable platform, instead of reaching out to the community and actually developing a WP counterpart.

Inequality in the industry.

Hey, time poster here. Been playing since gt3, and love the series. 5 was kind of weak at first but has gotten better...so i'm hoping this creator takes off and becomes more than a generator.

Like the GPS idea! (Other threads indicate its "a go" i guess. :odd:) I have some amazing roads from michigan that i would love to see and i know they would fit in the games size limits. That could be the easy approach and they could do a advanced editor with more detailed tools. Also, used to drive from Chrysler at the Chelsea Proving Grounds...many a roads...and could recreate them all from the road maps with mileage values.

But, realistically i think it will be more generator still. :(
Hoping more info surfaces in the next couple weeks and along with read everyones posts...i'm sure its answered.

Back