Course Maker/Track Path Editor: A "badly-executed good idea"?

Would you agree?

• !! YES, TO HELL WITH IT !!

• Not really. I can manage.

• No, it's great!!

Results are only viewable after voting.
They can not have spent 18 months on this, this looks like a 30 or 45 day rushed amateur app. If it took 18 months to produce this garbage then they need a new coding team.

It is a 45 day rushed amateur app... but I've seen better ones out there!

I bet they spent all this time producing a better track creator but decided to save it for GT7 instead, especially if they're planning on announcing GT7 next year.

Technically, PD created a track editor for GT6 (albeit a very limited one), so they kept their promise... although it's far from what was expecting: it's only slightly better than GT5's track editor in some aspects and worse on others, namely accessibility to the app!

Was anyone 100% happy with V1.00 of GT6 when it was released...?

The app will update, just like the game, just like the OS on your phone/ tablet/ PC and the apps inside it

Welcome to the new way of programming.
you get it out the door so it's workable as fast as possible, then up add to it.

I don't know, I like it.

It's a little odd that they made it for tablets only, but it took me less than a minute to get it up and running on my phone (which is no slouch, but isn't a new model). I wasn't prepared for it to be separate from the game, but I actually like it that way because I like device integration. Also, my friend who plays Forza but not Gran Turismo downloaded it to his tablet and has already imported tracks he's made to my account. It's making him a lot more interested in GT6 because he can play the tracks he made. :D

As for features, yes I would like to be able to change elevation and yes I would like to be able to make the track cross over itself. But it's really fine...I just use Eifel and there's plenty of elevation change to be had. The trackside elements are pretty lackluster, but as long as the track itself is good I think I'll survive. What's wrong with a track that looks like a country road? That's what the Nurburgring is and we all love that.

At any rate, the Track Path Editor's introduction got me playing GT6 again, so that's a successful new feature in my book.

Same here. I had not fired it up in about a year.

The app will update, just like the game, just like the OS on your phone/ tablet/ PC and the apps inside it

Welcome to the new way of programming.
you get it out the door so it's workable as fast as possible, then up add to it.

I miss the old days wherein every feature in a game is included in the game disc itself... no need to download updates or patches or anything similar. You could enjoy the game right out of the CD case. :indiff:

This path editor bored me already, tracks looks all the same, elevation changes not properly editable.

I prefer run on properly modelled tracks like Nordschleife, Spa, Suzuka etc.

I was.

GT4 still remains my favorite GT, but I had good fun in V1.00 when I picked it up after preorder. Now GT5 on the other hand...stopped playing that in a hot minute (aka about an hour).

Latest Posts

Back