COVID-19/Coronavirus Information and Support Thread (see OP for useful links)

• Thread starter baldgye
  • 13,234 comments
How do we get a booster? Just call and request it?

Good question. I got my Pfizer shots at the Kroger Pharmacy but I had to drive 45 minutes away back in April. Can I just show up at my local Kroger in December when my 6 months are up?
Just make an appointment wherever you want. I had a relative turned away by the local grocery store for being under 65 (despite otherwise qualifying), but Target seems to be doing well.

I just got my Pfizer booster today. (32 years old)
However based on CDC and FDA guidelines I am eligible based on "high risk settings"
For those who do work in a high risk settings and are denied a booster quite the FDA and CDC as both have it listed.
I also am getting a ICVP (Yellow card) too.

TB
I had virtually no reaction to my first two Pfizer shots but the Moderna chaser I had yesterday laid me out from 12 to 24 hours post shot. Headache, chills, nausea. Feeling better now, thankfully.
This was my next question - mixing brands. :P

My wife had moderna after 2x Pfizer, she said her only reaction to moderna was a little bit of soreness on her arm.
My Moderna shoulder feels a lot worse than my flu shot shoulder now, which is not how it started off.

And my previous comment about feeling better wasn't entirely accurate, it seems. After sleeping for 12 hours Thursday night/Friday morning then dosing on and off yesterday, I just slept for another 12 hours last night, which isn't at all normal for me. The headache is better but still there. Ibu seems to be doing the job.

I'm not sure which shot my reaction is related to, not that it really makes any difference.

TB
After sleeping for 12 hours Thursday night/Friday morning then dosing on and off yesterday, I just slept for another 12 hours last night, which isn't at all normal for me.
Short hibernation?

Would be nice to think of such a scenario in the next year, but I'm a pessimist, and couldn't help but scoff at the possibility of matters getting even close to normal by next spring. Not to discredit the scientists making these predictions of course, its the common people I don't trust.

TB
Fingers crossed that's a bad as it gets for you.

I'm finally back at work. Still not feeling great but better and I can't take sitting around the house again.
My shoulder is a little more sore today, but that seems to be the extent of it.

Roo
:confused: Vaccination status has no impact on whether you contract the virus, so I fail to follow the Twitter poster's logic here?
Because vaccination does have an impact on contracting the virus, it reduces the chances of doing so measurably.

Last edited:
My Mum, who is 77 y.o. and immune suppressed has already waited longer than most on a booster, and finally had her appointment this morning, only to be told that 'there had been a mix-up with the appointments' and her appointment has been shunted to Friday. As long as she gets it it will be OK, but it's still annoying that she has had to wait and then been delayed again.

Last edited:
Based on what? It's been paused Saturday as it goes under review. That hasn't stopped federal judges in Arizona & the District of Columbia from refusing to block the mandates in their areas in the last 2 days.

Latest Posts

Back