CPU Cars

  • Thread starter Thread starter kideng
  • 22 comments
  • 848 views
Messages
439
Do you always get the same 5 opponent cars for each event/race?
kideng
 
If it's a series, yes, for every race you face off against the same 5.
 
Not exactly.

For example, in the european championship you sometimes face 1 Lotus elise and 1 VX220. These are the cars which always dominate those races, that is IF they race. You always get the elise as opponent but the VX220 gets replaced from time to time.

It doens't matter that much though 'cause you will always race cars which are in about the same league.

grtz
 
You'll face the same five cars for each race through a series - but if you run the series again you might get a different five cars. Good example being the Polyphony Digital Cup and that damned bronze Z Concept which is usually there, but not always...
 
Yeh, sometimes it's an NSX, sometimes it could even be an RX7...
 
kideng, maybe we could all help the database by taking notes about what cars we've entered and what fields we've drawn in each series. I'd be glad to contribute what information I've recorded. PM Der Alta and ask for his records from The Compendium, which documents every race in his last trip through GT3. I'm sure he'd be more than happy to share that information with you.

I will note that the single race cups seem to have a more fixed field list than the championship series do.
 
Originally posted by vat_man
You'll face the same five cars for each race through a series - but if you run the series again you might get a different five cars. Good example being the Polyphony Digital Cup and that damned bronze Z Concept which is usually there, but not always...

That's what I meant ^_^
 
Yeah - there's a pool of about 8 cars for each series/race from which your opponents are drawn. For Pro PD Cup it's always a Z concept, Corvette Z06 (on T7s), NSX TypeSZero, Elise 190, Evo 7, Evo 6 TME, '02 Impreza, ver 6 Impreza, RX-7 RS, R33 Skyline. I've never had a car outside that bunch and I've done roughly 100 PD Cup races.

BTW in Amateur European Champs, you don't ALWAYS get the Elise. You usually get 2 from the Elise, VX220 and Pagani Zonda, but I've had races with all three and with none of them. When you consider that one of the GTL races this season has been there in a stock-powered (race suspension and gearbox) Aston Martin DB7, and AI contact is prohibited... Brrrrr! I kept restarting so only the Pagani was there.. :D
 
Of the four or five times I've auditioned cars for the PD Cup, the Camaro SS was almost always in the field, and usually on T7s.
 
you can tell what tires the AI uses duke?
 
I sure wish I could tell, but from what I expect, the AI always uses Racing Mediums. At least for the tire wear applicable races. They seem to pit in at the same lap I do if I use them. Not to mention their start out grip is alot better than when I use S.Slicks. So I go with Racing Mediums.
 
I think you can tell with mk's program...dunno how though. :dopey:
 
you can find out anything with that program, thats how most series are run now (the verified ones at least)
just wish i knew how to use it

On the Topic: Also get a different field in arcade mode just about every time you race
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Of the four or five times I've auditioned cars for the PD Cup, the Camaro SS was almost always in the field, and usually on T7s.

I have a vague recollection of a Camaro SS, but after I've lapped them so many times it's tough to remember... :D

The only car I ever encounter on T7s is the Corvette Z06. It's fun to watch him spin and pit every lap on Apricot Hill... :D
 
I think the Miata in the endurance race is on T7s as well...:D
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
I think you can tell with mk's program ...dunno how though. :dopey:

:D It's easy w/"MK's" Software. Just save the replay & use the "Read Garage" function to open it. All six cars will be shown including yours w/all details including Tyre Choice (That's how OLR "Cheaters" are caught as well!!! / I put that in for all those "Sharkports are ONLY for Cheaters" SNIVELERS out there who don't know "Squat")...UB57
:D
 
So that's why they have those "sharkport only" competitions...:)
 
Yep. When my site starts taking track time submissions, times submitted with a sharkport file will be listed as certified after examination of the file.
kideng
 
Originally posted by DODGE the VIPER
So that's why they have those "sharkport only" competitions...:)

:D ?? Haven't heard of those (I have VERY LIMITED OLR experience myself.) But know that since I've learned how to use MK's software it is VERY EASY so catch someone trying to enter a "Hybrid" ride in a "Non-hybrid" race. Plus by viewing the replay directly you can weed out the corner cutters & wall riders...UB57
:D
 
Yeh, the MultiBoard challenge was one of the sharkport only ones...That's why I couldn't compete...:(
 
Back