Crackdown 3XBOne 

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
United States
Michigan
CAMAROBOY69
Being made by the original members that made Crackdown for the 360. Now coming to X1!! Looks like even the buildings are destructible this time. Very excited for this game. This will be a day 1 purchase for me whenever it is released.

Last edited:
Oh, the nostalgia! The original is still my all-time favorite sandbox title, and I'm glad to see they've kept the cel-shaded visuals. I just hope this reboot restores some of the magic that I felt was lost in the sequel. Either way, it certainly hasn't made my choice between PS4 and X1 easier, although the odds are now in Microsoft's favor ;)

Oh, the nostalgia! The original is still my all-time favorite sandbox title, and I'm glad to see they've kept the cel-shaded visuals. I just hope this reboot restores some of the magic that I felt was lost in the sequel. Either way, it certainly hasn't made my choice between PS4 and X1 easier, although the odds are now in Microsoft's favor ;)
I agree with everything you said. I put hundreds and hundreds of hours into Crackdown 1 on the 360. Many hours climbing the external part of the Wang building with the SUV. Very tricky and required perfect timing but very fun.

There were a couple features I liked in the 2nd crackdown like 4 player co-op, helicopters, and over 500 enemies on the screen at once. But overall, yes the original was the best. Looks like they will be bringing back boss battles from the original Crackdown. Instead of those silly beacons in C2.

I agree with everything you said. I put hundreds and hundreds of hours into Crackdown 1 on the 360. Many hours climbing the external part of the Wang building with the SUV. Very tricky and required perfect timing but very fun.

There were a couple features I liked in the 2nd crackdown like 4 player co-op, helicopters, and over 500 enemies on the screen at once. But overall, yes the original was the best. Looks like they will be bringing back boss battles from the original Crackdown. Instead of those silly beacons in C2.

Amen to all that. I still boot up the 360 to get myself reacquainted with Violetta Sanchez and steroid-pumped Olga in her explosive cave. It just never gets old.

Crackdown 2 just took the joy out of Pacific City to me. What used to be a vibrant but crime-plagued metropolis before was now a depressing dystopian mess. They should have modeled a new city instead, building on the story of the Agency's fight for world dominance that the first game foreshadowed. Too bad Microsoft slammed the door on Realtime Worlds, leaving the franchise to a start-up company.

This new trailer looks more like a return to the neon-lit city we loved traversing in the original game combined with the best gameplay mechanisms of the sequel :)

Amen to all that. I still boot up the 360 to get myself reacquainted with Violetta Sanchez and steroid-pumped Olga in her explosive cave. It just never gets old.

Crackdown 2 just took the joy out of Pacific City to me. What used to be a vibrant but crime-plagued metropolis before was now a depressing dystopian mess. They should have modeled a new city instead, building on the story of the Agency's fight for world dominance that the first game foreshadowed. Too bad Microsoft slammed the door on Realtime Worlds, leaving the franchise to a start-up company.

This new trailer looks more like a return to the neon-lit city we loved traversing in the original game combined with the best gameplay mechanisms of the sequel :)
Again, I agree with everything you said. Especially returning to the same city. It will be nice to see a new fresh city with all new orbs to collect. Hopefully they at least double or triple the orbs. :D

They recently had Crackdown as the free xboxlive game of the month. Hopefully some of the members picked up that rare gem.

EDIT: Something also very strange. Every time I hear Rammstein Sehnsucht, it gives me an instant euphoria of Crackdown. The very beginning tone of that song sounds almost exactly like Crackdown.

Last edited:
The first Crackdown came in the bundle when I bought my 360 and after taking a while to get into it I found it really enjoyable. The second one was poor so as I said in the E3 thread, hopefully this is a return to the quality of the first one.

MS confirmed this is/was Crackdown early tech

Wow that is insane to even comprehend Crackdown AND fully destructible environments. I wonder how or if we rebuild the buildings after they are broken.

It may be a case of structured destruction, if that makes sense. You can destroy buildings, but only certain buildings at certain parts of the story.

It may be a case of structured destruction, if that makes sense. You can destroy buildings, but only certain buildings at certain parts of the story.
That's what I am thinking. Maybe the major building for each major boss or something like that. Or who knows, maybe only 1 building in the entire game. You know how that goes with marketing.

100% destructible environments in the mp. WOW. I still wonder how that will play out in the co-op campaign. I am sure its still a co-op campaign. I have not seen 100% destruction since Earth Defense Force.

This will be a day 1 purchase for me. Very glad they went with Crackdown 3 instead of just Crackdown.

I played the Crackdown 2 demo on 360 and thought it was pretty good, never got the full game though. Sadly I don't own an X1 so looks like I'll be missing out on this, looks awesome though.

I played the Crackdown 2 demo on 360 and thought it was pretty good, never got the full game though. Sadly I don't own an X1 so looks like I'll be missing out on this, looks awesome though.
You should also check out Crackdown 1. That game was the true innovation behind open world co-op sandbox gameplay. First game ever to attempt full open world co-op. It was a 2 player co-op and you could go anywhere and do anything together. They removed a lot of great features from Crackdown 1 for Crackdown 2 so they could make it a 4 player co-op and add way more enemeis. C1 is well worthing playing. Make sure you grab a buddy and get ready for a lot of fun.

Crackdown 3 is looking absolutely incredible.

On a side note I pretty much guarantee Crackdown 1 and 2 will be backward compatible late this year or early next year.

Last edited:
Back