CRAP Club PCARS 2 Time Trials - Thanks for taking part everyone, we will return one day!

My initial target on this one was to get below 1:30, so that's me happy going into the start of the weekend - new time, 1:29.133 (with thanks again to @hasslemoff for the video, very helpful even if I have a fair bit to find yet 👍):

20180629200848_1.jpg

I also had the odd entertaining moment at the first chicane, so I thought pics would be nice following in the @HammyMansell tradition :lol:

20180629201917_1.jpg

20180629202238_1.jpg

My initial target on this one was to get below 1:30, so that's me happy going into the start of the weekend - new time, 1:29.133 (with thanks again to @hasslemoff for the video, very helpful even if I have a fair bit to find yet 👍):

View attachment 747693

I also had the odd entertaining moment at the first chicane, so I thought pics would be nice following in the @HammyMansell tradition :lol:

View attachment 747694

View attachment 747695

We should have a separate contest of who can get the biggest "angle of the dangle!" :dopey: :lol:

Nice time mate! ;)

Ran this car in the Renault event, not a lover of it.
Zolder = Mr penalty guy giving me lots of penalty lol.
1:26.660

View attachment 747357

Some say he urinates pure petrol.
Others say he was born from the unholy wedlock of a flat 6 and a V8.
All we know is that he's called @hasslemoff ;)

Anyway My initial entry (and might be my last as I've got visitors this weeked) 1:30.840

Project CARS 2_20180630094750_1.jpg

And my entry for the "Angle of the Dangle"

MPGCOKEXC59AAAIIA_.jpeg

MPGCOTHXC59AAAIIA_.jpeg

Needless to say that didn't end well :)

Think that's me done for this one, no improvement tonight and now the controller batteries are gone - at Snetterton tomorrow to watch LMP3 & GT Cup races, plus an all comers race which based on today should be entertaining too :D, so no time to do any more. Congrats as always to the winners - I might get there one day...

Think that's me done for this one, no improvement tonight and now the controller batteries are gone - at Snetterton tomorrow to watch LMP3 & GT Cup races, plus an all comers race which based on today should be entertaining too :D, so no time to do any more. Congrats as always to the winners - I might get there one day...

Hey, my hometown circuit. I'm originally from just up the road in Norwich. It's changed quite a bit since I was last there with the new 300 layout.

Enjoy the racing and have blast ;)

Last edited:
Here's the new PCARS 2 TT:

The Jaguar XJR9 At Nordscheife!! (The non 24hr version) ;)

Jaguar-XJR-9-LM-50661.jpg

330px-Circuit_Nürburgring-2013-Nordschleife.svg.png

To be done in “Time Trial” mode using stock setup (if you have a saved setup for this combo, please return it to “default” before trying, as times with the “setup used” symbol will show in the in game timing screen, and won’t be counted!) You can use "loose" or "stable" setup, and driver aids if you wish! Post an in game screenshot of your time and post it here for it to count, Good luck!! ;)

This TT will end on Wednesday night, the 11th of July.

Last edited:
OK, what I've learnt so far this morning.

Bad things happen when you get airborne and you don't lift off. (LM variant)

Project CARS 2_20180707093220.jpg

Stay away from the kerbs, AKA Angle of Dangle entry (LM Variant)

MPYTJ1B8M9HAAAIIA_.jpeg

MPYTJXE8M9HAAAIIA_.jpeg

And now the preliminary times

XJR-9 LM - 6:20.840
Project CARS 2_20180707101648.jpg

XJR-9 - 6:17.900
Project CARS 2_20180707112302.jpg

And now if you'll excuse me I have to don my VR headset and attend to my other mistress - Here's one I made her do earlier ;)

Just to confirm guys it's the non 24hr version, if it was the 24hr car, i would've said hahaha!! :D

I tested the car yesterday when i was trying to decide what car to use, and the Jag was a fun challenge, so it should be good. I also tested the 1998 Toyota GT1, and that thing took off at every brow you went over! The Jag is a bit more planted, and brutally hairy chested! :D

Cool VR Wipeout @Slapped .........My first game on the PS1 with Ridge Racer back in 1995, how time flies!

Ok cool - the non 24hr car is much better setup for the ‘Ring - the shorter gears make it more manageable, but you don’t get the thrill of bottoming out at Fuchsröhre at 193Mph - it’s only 183 or so with the normal version ;)

Snap - my first PS1 games were also Ridge Racer, Wipeout, and unfortunately Battle Arena Toshinden (it was rubbish). I still have them and they’ll run on my PS2 slim, I just need to find a new DS2 controller as the D-Pad on mine has packed up.

Oh the memories of doing Silverstream perfect 3 times in a row at Rapier level ;)

Hey @gregc

What's your VR setup. I'm seriously considering getting a good gaming PC suitable for VR as I'm getting well PO'd with Sony's bollocks diktat to the developers that if the base PS4 can't can't do it then you're not allowed to do it with the Pro version. This I suspect is the reason why GTS's VR is only half baked, and others such as PC2 and AC simply omit it on the PS4.

@Slapped - I might not be the best person to ask, as I'm doing VR possibly the least cost-effective way there is - on a laptop...

For what it's worth though, my machine is an i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM and nVidia GTX1070 graphics. Because the graphics card is a laptop version it's not quite got the power of the desktop part but it's not a million miles away, and now I wouldn't want to go any less powerful - pCARS2 in particular seems to be pretty hardware hungry even compared to other, arguably less graphically intense, VR titles. You can see from my video above roughly what I'm getting in terms of image quality (though it always looks better when I've got the headset on in my experience), I've got my graphics settings at low-medium.

Unfortunately for VR at the moment there aren't really any shortcuts - the basic advice is get the best machine your budget can take. For me it's worth every penny - if real life didn't dictate otherwise I'd be running a desktop system with a 1080ti and hang the expense, but that's not the most portable system in the world.

Thanks @gregc

I was wondering if I could get away with installing windows on to my iMac which has a Radeon RX580 8GB and an i5 7600K 3.8Ghz with 24 GB Ram, but it appears that your GTX1070 is around 44% faster so I'll probably be on a hiding to nothing with that. Portability isn't an issue for me as an iPad covers everything I'd do on the go.

I'll give it some thought, and probably wait a bit as the Nvidia GTX1180 is rumoured to be just around the corner. Thankfully crypto currencies appear to have all but crashed so hopefully I'll be able to get it without paying some over inflated premium on it.

Anyway back on topic. Much to my relief I managed a sub 6 minuter (just) - I wasn't going to let this one go without it ;)

Time 5:59.759
Project CARS 2_20180708115248.jpg

With this one you have to forget what you think you know about the Nordschleife, and put your faith in the car that it can do that corner flat out. This car is insane - from Hocheichen to Aremberg flat out without even the slightest lift - not even at Flugplatz.

Nice going @Slapped - sub 6 is my target too, doing some running late last night and while I didn't get a clean run in I did find a few other spots that are flat out, even though you wouldn't have thought so. Also discovered that for this car I need to turn the speed sensitivity down a touch on the pad settings to get enough lock through the fast stuff, that was holding me back on that first run too.

You're probably wise to wait for now in terms of a VR pc - though the cryptocurrency bubble does seem to have burst a bit prices are still high at the moment, plus as you say the 11-series shouldn't be far away now too which should hopefully help the prices of the 10's.

Back