CRAP Club PCARS 2 Time Trials - Thanks for taking part everyone, we will return one day!

Hi @andrew1990 and sure mate, give at go just for fun, and i hope you're around for the next TT from Friday.

Very nice lap there @gregc, and if anyone has any combo ideas for the next TT, let me know here, thanks! ;)

Couple of thoughts on that - something slower, maybe Formula Rookie or Ginetta Junior/GT5 around either Cadwell GP (somewhere a bit unusual) or Brands Hatch Indy.

Or for somewhere we haven't been that's a bit quicker what about Spa or Brands GP in one of the Group 5 beasts....

Well, obviously, I'm calling that a Good Time Trial, but @HammyMansell only did a couple of laps and was well ahead of where I was after a 2 laps! Also, @gregc was closing the gap sector by sector...

That was a lot of fun, I think I've fallen a bit in love with the R8 :drool:

In case anyone's interested, now that I'm somewhere with half decent wifi, my lap below...

That's very tidy - you actually look faster than me for most of sector 1, and I can't see anywhere particular that you lost out on sector 2 either. Maybe a bit in the karussel and the next flat out part? but that's at most a few tenths. Maybe too tidy? a couple of times in S2 I thought I'd lost it but came out the other side unscathed, and up on time!

I used loose setup, traction low, stability off, and ABS high... but still very gentle with the brakes.

Well, obviously, I'm calling that a Good Time Trial, but @HammyMansell only did a couple of laps and was well ahead of where I was after a 2 laps! Also, @gregc was closing the gap sector by sector...

That's very tidy - you actually look faster than me for most of sector 1, and I can't see anywhere particular that you lost out on sector 2 either. Maybe a bit in the karussel and the next flat out part? but that's at most a few tenths. Maybe too tidy? a couple of times in S2 I thought I'd lost it but came out the other side unscathed, and up on time!

I used loose setup, traction low, stability off, and ABS high... but still very gentle with the brakes.

Still a cracking time from you @Outspacer and interesting to hear you used loose. I went with Stable as always, and no aids as i never use them. Tomorrow if I have time I'll give it another run on loose and see how it is.

Very well done again with your win on this TT! ;)

Thanks man, I actually went half a second faster in the first sector in a previous run. You may well be right with too tidy - the hardest thing to do with a pad (in my view) is to find the absolute ragged edge and ride it. I think I got there in S1 in the end, but 2 and 3 I never quite found it.

I was on stable, all assists off - the brakes are superb at high speed, but boy do you need to bleed them off fast when the speed drops. All in all lots of fun, I really enjoyed this one :D

Thanks man, I actually went half a second faster in the first sector in a previous run. You may well be right with too tidy - the hardest thing to do with a pad (in my view) is to find the absolute ragged edge and ride it. I think I got there in S1 in the end, but 2 and 3 I never quite found it.

I was on stable, all assists off - the brakes are superb at high speed, but boy do you need to bleed them off fast when the speed drops. All in all lots of fun, I really enjoyed this one :D

Pad, well, respect! Yup, I had great fun too learning this car, its type aren't what I'd usually head for first :)

i ran the XJ220 round Texass speedway road course yesterday ...... :crazy:

Haha are you after another fun TT Mr soks? :dopey::lol: I've got one lined up, but that can be for the next one, it sounds interesting!! ;)

The new Pcars 2 TT is:

The Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport At Snetterton 300!!

caymangt4clubsport_01.jpg

sn_300_zoom4.jpg

To be done in “Time Trial” mode using stock setup (if you have a saved setup for this combo, please return it to “default” before trying, as times with the “setup used” symbol will show in the in game timing screen, and won’t be counted!) You can use "loose" or "stable" setup, and driver aids if you wish! Post an in game screenshot of your time and post it here for it to count, Good luck!! ;)

This TT will end next Tuesday night, the 4th of September.

Last edited:
i expect to do poorly on this track. still its all about fun and new challenges

I'll give you all the tips you might need mate, as you know the TTs are good for improving on tracks that can be tricky. Of course with this one, it's the chicane at the end of the straight, braking, turning and downshifting, and that last chicane too, but there are knacks and tricks to them. Let's all help each other with this one!

#CRAPTTAllBronyBoysTogether! :dopey:

Last edited:
@Outspacer nice start, my gut feeling is that's a pretty good time!

Hopefully I'll have a first run at it tonight, I like the Cayman and at least know which way Snetterton goes so quite looking forward to it - apart from Murrays (last corner) - I always struggle to find the braking point and keep the car stable coming off the long right at Coram.

@Outspacer nice start, my gut feeling is that's a pretty good time!

Hopefully I'll have a first run at it tonight, I like the Cayman and at least know which way Snetterton goes so quite looking forward to it - apart from Murrays (last corner) - I always struggle to find the braking point and keep the car stable coming off the long right at Coram.

Cheers, I hope so! I don't know what TC etc settings it has or I'm using - I'm just driving as it came, whatever the defaults are - but it settles into many corners with a bit of yaw which is sweet. Did some bigger drifts with it as well, but obviously that's not faster :D

I still feel it's more luck than judgement when I get through the chicanes cleanly :dopey:

i think thats pretty quick,I've struggled to get a 1:58.203

For a while I was thinking a 1:57 would be a nice target, but more laps found even more! Keep pushing!

I managed have a go on the first day this time! :)

40446760_10217460062074726_6936188358439731200_n.jpg

1:56.005!

Here's a video on how i tackle the Brundle/Nelson chicane, and the last Murray's (And it's go go go!) chicane too.....

Into Brundle/Nelson, I downshift 2 or 3 gears while braking gently, and turning left, but then almost come of the brake and roll around the left hand apex, before braking a bit more when the car is almost straight, to turn into the right hander, and downshifting again, and clipping that right hand apex, without taking the red sausage kerb! :P

For the last 2 corners of the lap, when I reach the end of the right hand red and white kerb, I start to brake gently again, and down 1 gear into 3rd, and again just roll the car though, before braking a little once more and into 2nd gear before turning left. I could've pushed a bit more into that last chicane, so more time there for sure!

This technique works in almost all cars, you just adjust depending on the amount of grip, and speed it has. I hope this helps you fellas struggling with those corners.

I'll have another go over the weekend! Still lots of time there to get, and gotta push that @Outspacer !! ;)

I know I said before that I like the Cayman - I was wrong. I bloody love it, what a fab little car :D.

New time from me, 1:54.560 - annoyingly with obvious mistakes (especially the all-over-the-place first sector), but still a decent improvement (and, for now at least, within shouting distance of @hasslemoff :lol:)

View attachment 763066

da lap...

Nice one mate, getting close already!!

Back