CRAP Club PCARS 2 Time Trials - Thanks for taking part everyone, we will return one day!

2:03.194 - Loose

I hate Silverstone lol... The track's so wide I dunno where to go. Maybe I'm too used to the tight Nordschleife.

YlUlls4.png

2:03.194 - Loose

I hate Silverstone lol... The track's so wide I dunno where to go. Maybe I'm too used to the tight Nordschleife.

YlUlls4.png

Haha yes mate I get you, apexes are all important here, and carrying speed though the corners....I think this is the first TT I have done at Silverstone GP on PCARS 2......Partly to help greg get up to speed with his wheel, the flowing nature should benefit him. ;)

Haha yes mate I get you, apexes are all important here, and carrying speed though the corners....I think this is the first TT I have done at Silverstone GP on PCARS 2......Partly to help greg get up to speed with his wheel, the flowing nature should benefit him. ;)

Duuude :D

I hope you didn't change it at the last minute just to help me out (can't say I'm upset we're not at the Nordschleife though!)

Going to have a quick run in my safe place with the pad tonight, just to give myself my own target initially. By the time I stopped last night I was starting to see some progress, the hardest thing to get used to initially is just the range of movement - I'm used to making tiny movements on the pad, so initially I was just driving off the track all the time due to simply not steering enough :lol:. This is going to be a learning curve, that's for sure!

At the moment I'm scheduled to be furloughed again in June for the month, so at least I'll have plenty of practice time if that goes ahead!

Well, I have myself a reference point... 2:03.201, just a gnats knacker off Neko's starter and not a millions miles away from Hammy. There is, of course, plenty of time to be found but that's going to be my target for this week, try to beat my pad time on the wheel.

The pad is now banned, for driving at least :lol:

20200520234925_1.jpg

Well, I have myself a reference point... 2:03.201, just a gnats knacker off Neko's starter and not a millions miles away from Hammy. There is, of course, plenty of time to be found but that's going to be my target for this week, try to beat my pad time on the wheel.

The pad is now banned, for driving at least :lol:

View attachment 922500

Well done mate, and nah, I was planning this TT combo from the middle of last week. ;) It's a nice car to drive, maybe a bit understeery, but still more than manageable..... You'll be in the mix, just build up to it, lap by lap...

It won't take you long to get a feel, and not much longer to be right on it! ;)

Just had an interesting (and fun!) couple of hours. Things I've learned so far:

- 900 degrees of steering is much too much for me, 540 seems to be the sweet spot at the moment but early days yet!
- The default volume level is also too much for me, down at 30 at the moment though it now feels like it could go up a little bit
- Spending a couple of hours working away at a wheel on a warm spring evening while wearing a VR headset is a recipe for getting sweaty! Especially when the laptop you're using is acting like a mini fan heater right next to you :lol:
- Not having much space is a ballache! It's a chore setting everything up before you start then taking it all down again at the end. This was always one of my reasons for not getting a wheel and I stand by it being a pain in the rear end. Once I'm driving it's worth it, but I need to make some more room dammit!

This is definitely going to take a bit of time (good job we've got plenty of that on our hands right now!) but I'm already under 2 seconds off my pad time, which is better than I was expecting for my first proper go. Plus I'm learning stuff on nearly every lap, about driving with the wheel as much as the car/circuit!

Just had an interesting (and fun!) couple of hours. Things I've learned so far:

- 900 degrees of steering is much too much for me, 540 seems to be the sweet spot at the moment but early days yet!
- The default volume level is also too much for me, down at 30 at the moment though it now feels like it could go up a little bit
- Spending a couple of hours working away at a wheel on a warm spring evening while wearing a VR headset is a recipe for getting sweaty! Especially when the laptop you're using is acting like a mini fan heater right next to you :lol:
- Not having much space is a ballache! It's a chore setting everything up before you start then taking it all down again at the end. This was always one of my reasons for not getting a wheel and I stand by it being a pain in the rear end. Once I'm driving it's worth it, but I need to make some more room dammit!

This is definitely going to take a bit of time (good job we've got plenty of that on our hands right now!) but I'm already under 2 seconds off my pad time, which is better than I was expecting for my first proper go. Plus I'm learning stuff on nearly every lap, about driving with the wheel as much as the car/circuit!

Nice to hear you're feeling progress with the G29 mate. Enjoy this time of learning how to drive all over again, it's very rewarding each time you get a quicker lap....

I've been on a wheel now for 21 years unbelievably.....A Mad Catz with a rubber band for FFB for Grand Turismo 2 on the PS1....Seems like yesterday....Haven't raced on a pad since. Glad to know you're enjoying it! ;)

So, I've got some news...

I went to G2A. They're the only "foreign" online place which accepts the card I have...

So I found a Season Pass for PC2 for 17€.

I am now eligible for any future DLC combos! ;)

Good lad!! That makes my combo choosing life that bit easier! :lol: Enjoy all the new cars and tracks mate!

Some definite progress today, starting to get a feel for it now. I've turned the wheel rotation down again to 360 - which will probably seem like madness to you veterans, but at the moment it feels better to me and it's definitely made a difference. As I'm getting used to it I've also turned the FFB volume back up a little, and I think I'll probably go a little higher again.

I'm under a second off my pad time now, and a lot closer than that if I actually do a clean final sector - I'm just a few hundredths off in S1 & 2. Hoping to see at the very least one green sector time tomorrow!

Some definite progress today, starting to get a feel for it now. I've turned the wheel rotation down again to 360 - which will probably seem like madness to you veterans, but at the moment it feels better to me and it's definitely made a difference. As I'm getting used to it I've also turned the FFB volume back up a little, and I think I'll probably go a little higher again.

I'm under a second off my pad time now, and a lot closer than that if I actually do a clean final sector - I'm just a few hundredths off in S1 & 2. Hoping to see at the very least one green sector time tomorrow!

Well done mate, keep on pushing, and you'll get there, and then go quicker no doubt! ;)

Got a couple of green sectors today actually - then went a little better again. So much so I have a new time :D Not a huge improvement, but I'm really happy to have beaten my pad time already. 2:03.125, and look - a lttle picture of a wheel by my time :lol:

20200524190740_1.jpg

I'm sure you guys will beat that time comfortably, and hopefully I will too, but it's a little milestone :)

2:01.372 - Loose

That's as far as I go... Not happy with this result, could've been better. It's near-impossible to recover from a slide. The more I countersteer once it loses grip, the more the back swings out.

There is an entire second hiding somewhere on the track...I just can't find it. The top stock setup time is just a hair above 2 minutes flat.

2ZwTWUD.png

I'm not going any faster on this one, still on that bendy educational thing plus I think my poor laptop might actually start sweating soon :lol:. Turned everything down graphically, killed everything running in the background and it's still having the odd stutter!

The new PCARS 2 CRAP TT is...

The 1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8 At Oulton Park Fosters!!

1973 Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 2.8.png

oulton_park.jpg

Conditions:

To be done in “Time Trial” mode using stock setup on "loose", "Stable" or "OEM" (If available). (if you have a saved setup for this combo, please return it to “default” before trying, as times with the “setup used” symbol will show in the in game timing screen, and won’t be counted!) You can use driver aids if you wish! Post an in game screen shot of your time and post it here for it to count, Good luck!! ;)

This TT will run until next Tuesday night, the 2nd of June, good luck!

Play, and stay safe! ;)

Had a quick try, on loose....Lots more there, but 1:02.760 to start...

EZBliygXQAE8EQV.jpg

Again with console, I've got a better time in another car (Megane Trophy) in this class, so will only be able to post session screenshots. :(

Okay, couldn't find the Porsche in my carlist in-game and noticed it was in the Porsche Legend DLC. So i went to the PS Store and saw that the SeasonPass is only €6,99 now, which include all DLC's except Japanse cars pack. Hooray :D i can TT tonight!

I love this topic :D I want to participate if possible! Just a quick (silly) question: whats the difference between stable and loose setup?

I'll give that beautiful Porsche a spin tonight.

Hi man, and welcome to the CRAP PCARS 2 TTs!! :D

Sure, come and have some fun, you can try as much as you like....The difference between loose and stable is pretty much what it says.....For many, loose is faster, as the car has less understeer, and therefore can go through the corner faster. But some cars that are way too "oversteery" to start with, maybe better with a stable setup. Just try both with each car, and see which one is better for you personally, it sometimes comes town to driving style also!

Okay, couldn't find the Porsche in my carlist in-game and noticed it was in the Porsche Legend DLC. So i went to the PS Store and saw that the SeasonPass is only €6,99 now, which include all DLC's except Japanse cars pack. Hooray :D i can TT tonight!

That's excellent!! Enjoy all the new content that the Porsche pack brings you, with classic Le Mans thrown in too!! ;)

Thanks mate! Quick question for you tho haha, i see you can filter the leaderboard to your used vehicle. Is that PC only? I can't seem to find that option :(
Yes, PC only unfortunately.

About the racing tips: Slow in, fast out. Once you're past the apex, floor it. The rest is just practice and knowing how the car handles. I'm not good at explaining it, I drive more by instinct rather than knowledge.

Yes, PC only unfortunately.

About the racing tips: Slow in, fast out. Once you're past the apex, floor it. The rest is just practice and knowing how the car handles. I'm not good at explaining it, I drive more by instinct rather than knowledge.

Got it! You keep doing what you do haha, you're a fast driver!

Latest Posts

Back