Crash's Photos

• Thread starter Crash
  • 451 comments
My workflow in LR typically starts with cropping/rotating and exposure (if needed), before fiddling with the tone curve sliders and then the basic sliders before fine tuning the HSL sliders. From there, I'll go back and fiddle with all the sliders a bit more or in some situations, add graduated filters. I haven't really used the adjustment brush tool much previously; I need to learn and play with it more. I do have PS CS4, but I haven't really used it much in previous pictures that I've posted.

It may be my crappy eyesight, in which case feel free to ignore, but to me it looks like the focus is marginally out on "Directions". Valley of Giants is very pleasing though 👍

It may be my crappy eyesight, in which case feel free to ignore, but to me it looks like the focus is marginally out on "Directions".

Yeah, you're right, good eye. It doesn't help that that lens isn't very sharp to begin with, but the focus is a little bit off. :(

Valley of Giants is very pleasing though 👍

Thanks! :cheers:

Thinking more about "Textures" and perhaps I shouldn't have left it uncropped. Perhaps pulling the bottom bit of the salt flats up would make better use of and better highlight the vast sky above? Thoughts and opinions?

--

Thinking more about "Textures" and perhaps I shouldn't have left it uncropped. Perhaps pulling the bottom bit of the salt flats up would make better use of and better highlight the vast sky above? Thoughts and opinions?

I like it as it is. The salt flats give solid foreground with wonderful texture, and kind balance the weight of the clouds above. The framing also makes the blue ribbon of sky flow nicely, with the mountains and clouds having a yin/yang kind of balance about them.

If I'd change anything, it would likely be the color/contrast, likely in targeted adjustments - slightly less intense blues, touch more contrast on the flats. And I'm not sure but it feels like there is a slight green tinge but I can't really put my finger on why.

Back