Crazy ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting this message .

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190428-121428_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190428-121428_Chrome.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 36
Thanks for the reports guys. I have pulled all ads from the site until the ad provider can guarantee these are blocked.

UPDATE: These should be resolved now. Please let me know if you experience them again.

Last edited:
OK — you shouldn't have to clear your cookies, though. I'll check back in with the ad provider.

9DB3347C-B5F6-4343-AEF8-B2A663B14D74.png

57D3A304-1E1B-475A-8406-6C37EB5A8550.png

The saga continues

These ones are so big you can’t even close them sometimes. Forced to reload the page for every click.

Thanks for the report, that should be fixed now.

Adds are now appearing multiple times between posts rather than at the top of the thread.

Can we calm the farm with the amounts of ads on a page while using the mobile site?

If scroll from top of the page To bottom I’m bombarded with 11 ads in total. FFS!

I understand the need of ads, but there is literally no other content on this screenshot.

You can't remove the upper video, which is a bit annoying.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200612-104747.png
    Screenshot_20200612-104747.png
    61.2 KB · Views: 34
Visiting the site less frequently now due to the amount of ads covering the articles. Fine with side bar ads but it gets annoying when you have to work hard and fight just to clear the ads... plus the shifting of the page while reading.

Visiting the site less frequently now due to the amount of ads covering the articles.
Which is why we also hate obtrusive ads... but we can't do anything about them unless users report them to us, with screenshots.

Visiting the site less frequently now due to the amount of ads covering the articles. Fine with side bar ads but it gets annoying when you have to work hard and fight just to clear the ads... plus the shifting of the page while reading.
Why not become a Premium subscriber? You can support the site yourself for $1/month, and you won't see any ads.

I become a premium member for a certain topic in a certain forum in a certain place. :lol:
But also I liked the red name at the time too.
(Which is when I wanted a pink name)
@Jordan
Can we have coloured names again?

Further to my status post, I've been seeing a lot of autoplaying video ads on articles, including this one which seems to be some gaming website's announcement about a Destiny 2 update, which is not only annoyingly irrelevant, but irks me as another "journalistic" outlet is overlaying their stuff over the gaming news I actually want to read.

As I mentioned, I will be upgrading to premium with my next paycheck, but I thought you might like to know about these, as it's always a pain when one is just trying to do some quiet reading, and some nobody starts blasting off about a game that could only tenuously be related to GTP. I'd say the autoplay ads have been consistently running for about a week now.

To clarify, I know this stuff is a big pain and hard to stay on top of, and it won't stop me from getting my sim racing news from your excellent site.

Screenshot_20200717-115325.png

Yeah, that video player is a new ad unit I've been experimenting with. As you noted, it is not displayed for Premium members.

Yeah, that video player is a new ad unit I've been experimenting with. As you noted, it is not displayed for Premium members.

When that video player first appeared it was really obtrusive when on screen at the same time as the Google(?) ad as I couldn't see a way to switch it off, but now there is a big cross button to make the video ad disappear, it's much better.

Just reporting, has only happened a couple times. @Jordan

Was a different ad the last time, but I'm not sure if that matters.

👍

Screenshot_20201130-144402_Chrome.jpg

Thanks, yeah I am aware of that and the ad provider is already working on it. 👍

Edit: Closing up this rather old thread now. If anyone has problems with any ads in the future, please send me a message directly to notify me immediately of any issues so I can get them resolved as quickly as possible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back