Crazy ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D5887D7A-B24B-459C-8B8D-EEB9076A2B60.jpeg
A7150052-34CB-4CCE-A4FA-A28A3307A958.jpeg
2AF34505-514E-42BF-9F53-A398A57BACF3.jpeg

Yeah, I had one overlap about 50% of my screen while trying to type a message on my cell phone. Surely these can't be normal? I'm getting similar, but less intrusive ones on my desktop.

I am hating these ads that are popping up on the bottom of the page. Makes it much more difficult to browse the forum, they tend to force the screen to move up and down and just make for a bad browsing experience in general reducing this sites appeal quite a lot.

Please remove them

The ads on the bottom of the page are kinda awkward and don’t always load in properly. Otherwise, I haven’t noticed anything too weird.

I thought it was something that I did to my tablet, glad to know that I am not going crazy. Love the site so If I have to deal with them I will but I would rather not.

I'm sorry you guys are having trouble with them; we are using a new ad provider and I'm working with them to figure out how to prevent these banners from being displayed when you're signed in to your account. I'll post an update as soon as I can.

Of course, you can also upgrade to a Premium account for just $1.00 per month, and you will see no ads anywhere on the site.

I have been seeing these on mobile lately as well. Glad to see something is being done about it though, hope it goes well! :)

Last edited:
I don't mind the ads as you guys make money off them to run the site but my issue is that they get in the way of actually using the forum.

I was just on my desktop in my inbox typing a message to someone and the ads covered over the send button at the bottom of the page and clicking on the close ad button did nothing hence I wasn't able to send the message until I opened the forum in Chrome where I have an adblocker installed.

As I said I have no problem with ads but they shouldn't interfere with actually being able to use the forum.

I am also having these issues on iOS + Chrome.

I understand the reasoning for having ads on the site but these ones are making life on the forum rather difficult.

In fact, it’s a almost impossible for me to make posts on iPhone now; this reply in particular has taken me almost 5 minutes to type up.

I'm on a PC using firefox and the ads are driving me crazy they pop up over the window I am typing in sometimes take focus from the window so I have to click on the edit window to continue typing, sometimes they stall the browser a bit. Once popped up that had loud audio just out of nowhere and there was another that when I moved my mouse over it to get back to the edit window redirected me to another site and I had to force ably close firefox to get away from it.

I've always liked this forum but today it has been far below the normal standard I have come to expect from this forum.

It's not just here, these new awful and annoying adds are popping up all over the internet. It's as if they want everyone to get add blockers.

The mobile site is almost completely unusable on my crappy old phone now that ads take up a large portion of the screen. It slows down like crazy and no matter where I click, it clicks the ad. Frustrating! Need a new phone, but the ads aren't helping either.

The ads seem even worse today, the forum is almost unusable, extremely slow, using lots of bandwidth and almost constantly loading something. I think it may be time to take a break for a while until this is sorted

Using a computer on the public library right now. Unfortunately it only has Internet Explorer, and there is a problem with the popup ads at the bottom of the page. They cover the Post Reply button and the ad fails to close when I click the X button.

It can be solved by reloading the page, since these ads don't show up every time, but it's annoying. Allowing the page to scroll a bit further down should solve the problem.

I might just have to spend those 12 whole dollars.:dopey: I like this place, but the ads are testing the nerves. Home and cell both equally affected.
Also, Thanks Jordan and Co. for working on a solution!

Last edited:
Thanks for keeping on top of this @Jordan I just had the KFC ad where it went over the login button on mobile, it disappeared, but highly unusual.

Take more than an advert to make me buy KFC!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back