** CRCC S1 ** - Top Quality Racing - CLOSED

• Thread starter Mamaghi
  • 681 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about white line rule and two wheels on the track?

May 23th by Mamaghi
"Drivers Should keep at least 2 wheels on the track All The Time, no exceptions."
And so what?
Rumbles are considered as part of track on the GTP OLR

doesent make any sense,you should post pictures about this before the race!how was i to know i canot use kerbs?👎

how did you know about this smiley?

images.jpeg

Why is the post here??? no, its ok :)

Workers made a mistake ... for sure.

doesent make any sense,you should post pictures about this before the race!how was i to know i canot use kerbs?👎

how did you know about this smiley?

Hey Andro,

It is normal to drive ON the track, not OFF (some places are allowed - great work Mamaghi)
It is also normal that is banned to cut the track because you could gain.,..time time time...

I believe we all like to use shortcuts in life, but in the racing i think is pointless.

Also i tried some real life amateur racing with the car and the bike.. rules are to be followed mate.

Lets leave real life short cuts were they are.

Wat im traying to say is,the rules were not explained before the qalifiing.

And the rules say that rumbles are part of the track. So that's a complete non-sense if we can't use them.

I am driving the CRCC event... we have general rules plus CRCC regulations.

May 23th by Mamaghi
"Drivers Should keep at least 2 wheels on the track All The Time, no exceptions."
Plus i dont have a heart to gain with ..... bending rules

I am driving the CRCC event... we have general rules plus CRCC regulations.

May 23th by Mamaghi
Plus i dont have a heart to gain with ..... bending rules

I want trying to bend any rules or gain any time and i beliwe Litch wasnt trying to do that either,i just didnt know it wasnt alowed to go pass the kerb with two tyres,a simple photo before the q sesion would solwe this.

I want trying to bend any rules or gain any time and i beliwe Litch wasnt trying to do that either,i just didnt know it wasnt alowed to go pass the kerb with two tyres,a simple photo before the q sesion would solwe this.

You said yesterday after Q1 that your lap was not clean maybe....?
How did you know that mate?

And Mamaghi said you will get penalty if so...
Do you recall that?

Mamaghi posted a picture of the track with RED zones... so it was clear what ALLOWED or NOT.

Anyway point off all this is FUN :cheers:.

See u on the track mate 👍

Will start behind you and Litchi no problem. :D

No need,looks like you are right.so i will start behind you and litch

Last edited:
And the rules say that rumbles are part of the track. So that's a complete non-sense if we can't use them.

From rules
J:
Cutting the chicanes or "shorting" the track at any point is strictly prohibited on all parts of the track, including the asphalt-areas in behind out-of track-lines. Track specific boundaries will be clarified in the Race Specifics section of any given event.

Tracks specifics was given by Mamaghi on time.

It is all clear mate 👍

Well, Mamaghi just said to not exceed track limits in this post, nothing more. The part you bolded from the GTP OLR doesn't count where there are rumble strips behind the white line cause the rules say:
Any kind of rumble strip made of concrete, stone etc are part of the track unless otherwise stated in the Race Specifics section of any given event.
What you bolded only apply when there's no rumble strip behind the white line.

You said yesterday after Q1 that your lap was not clean maybe....?
How did you know that mate?

And Mamaghi said you will get penalty if so...
Do you recall that?

Mamaghi posted a picture of the track with RED zones... so it was clear what ALLOWED or NOT.

Anyway point off all this is FUN :cheers:.

See u on the track mate 👍

Will start behind you and Litchi no problem. :D

1st. i said that becose i was catching bcd and i was in his draft.

2nd. mamaghi did post picture about track limits and i saw that,he does that for all tracks bt here the rules was obviusli bit diferent so the picture should be more detailed.compering the picture from monza and picture from nurburg they show the rules prety clear i guess,so i was wrong.bt still i think those laps were wery much clean.

So you agree that white line has a point?
That behind white line is off track?

Anyway ... see u on the track Litchi 👍

In my humble opinion, the appropriate rule should be something like: Two tires must remain in contact with the tarmac racing surface at all times and within white-line course boundaries. The preceding defines the "track." Curbing/rumble strips, hard surfaces beyond white lines such as concrete, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track. White lines are track and even if you only have two tires on their very edges on the white line (to be reviewed and confirmed by as steward) it will be considered clean.

And this wasn't stated in the race specifics.
So I still consider that my lap was definitely clean.

Look at the track picture posted yesterday by Mamaghi...before quali... There is a text notice at the bottom right....

And now it is clearified what the "track".... is

And so what?
Rumbles are considered as part of track on the GTP OLR

Offline racing rules:

B:
Two wheels (except when airborne, where the vertical projection of the car onto the track counts) must be in contact with the track/circuit which includes the rumble strips and footpaths, but not grassed areas.

G:
Any kind of rumble strip made of concrete, stone etc are part of the track unless otherwise stated in the Race Specifics section of any given event.
Mamaghi posted track picture with some rules...

That was my view of taking the rules.

Sorry no hard feelings.

Well, Mamaghi just said to not exceed track limits in this post, nothing more. The part you bolded from the GTP OLR doesn't count where there are rumble strips behind the white line cause the rules say:

What you bolded only apply when there's no rumble strip behind the white line.

31-05-2014 19-44-03.jpg

Is there anything here who says Rumbles are considered as part of track, Not at all mate.

Nürburgring GP_F_pit line.jpg

The pitlane white line rule is not applied after the green line on the pic.

Nürburgring GP_F_pit line 1.jpg

Crossing the line in Green on the pic is allowed until it touches the second line in white.

In my humble opinion, the appropriate rule should be something like: Two tires must remain in contact with the tarmac racing surface at all times and within white-line course boundaries. The preceding defines the "track." Curbing/rumble strips, hard surfaces beyond white lines such as concrete, "greencrete", or turf and other run off is not considered to be track. White lines are track and even if you only have two tires on their very edges on the white line (to be reviewed and confirmed by as steward) it will be considered clean.

And this wasn't stated in the race specifics.
So I still consider that my lap was definitely clean.

Nurb GP Litchi (4).jpg

Nurb GP Litchi (5).jpg

Do you consider this as clean ? Seriously, come on..

I personally wouldn't count the kerbs as track and most racing series don't either however i'm not saying either of you are wrong. As long as we can continue to keep this a debate without big issues then we can solve it easily.

I suggest to lessen his penalty, maybe a 1 grid spot qualifying penalty because although the rule isn't 100% stated by Mamaghi, that rule is pretty much universally used everywhere else. Using a kerb THAT much as to where your entire car is on it is basically cutting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back