Create an "LM Race Car"

• Thread starter iluvgt4
  • 354 comments
Actually, I think a Jag made 150 mph+ with less than 300 hp. But I can also remember hybrid cars weighing only 2 kg ingame and reaching speeds beyond the sound barrier so...
Yeah, the E-Type has only around 260 horsepower and crack 140. The Suzuki GSX/R4 (or however you spell it) starts off with only about 180 horsepower and can approach 170 mph stock. Though it weighs less than 1500 pounds stock. The Ginetta I mentioned was not a hybrid. I think. For the record, a stock Ginetta G4 has about 90 horsepower, weighs about 1000 pounds and can reach 140 stock, I believe.

Yes, but it weighs 476kg.
Unless it's shaped like a space rocket, it still can't reach that kind of speed. you can only go so far with so much power. Eventually you'll need a power boost to get more speed. It doesn't matter if you weigh 476 kg.

And on a side note, not even a Caterham Superlight can get below 500 kg in weight. Think about how that looks versus an LM Race Car.

And the fact that these sort of specs don't actually fit within an regulations in the entire world... :/

Unless it's shaped like a space rocket, it still can't reach that kind of speed. you can only go so far with so much power. Eventually you'll need a power boost to get more speed. It doesn't matter if you weigh 476 kg.

And on a side note, not even a Caterham Superlight can get below 500 kg in weight. Think about how that looks versus an LM Race Car.

And the fact that these sort of specs don't actually fit within an regulations in the entire world... :/
True

Lotus Elise Sport 190 LM Race Car '99
Engine: V6 from Gillet Vertigo

Power: 1100 HP
Torque: 1400 Nm
Transmission: 20-speed Sequential Gearbox
Drivetrain: 4WD
Weight: 450 kg
Livery: Yellow (#1), White (#2), Blue (#3), Red (#4), Green (#5), Black (#6)
Availability: Avaiable in Dealership costing 1,000 credits
Notes: It will reach 2000 km/h and it will be the fastest car in the game.

@Harsk100 whoa there... Calm down.
  • The Gillet Vertigo doesn't even produce that much in real life. I don't know why PD thought it had 897 HP. But now you're shooting that figure up to 1100 HP. That's just terrible (for a perfectionist like me :P).
  • That V6 never acquired a 4WD drivetrain setup either. And it's definitely not possible in a Lotus Elise.
  • 450 kg? Not even Formula 3 cars are that light. No way an Elise can be.
  • Cost: 1000 Cr. Oh boy.
  • 2000 km/h is quite a lot beyond the speed of sound.
Okay now that I think about it that must be a joke :lol:

Lotus Elise Sport 190 LM Race Car '99
Engine: V6 from Gillet Vertigo
Power: 1100
HP
Torque: 1400 Nm
Transmission: 20-speed Sequential Gearbox
Weight: 450 kg
Livery: Yellow (#1), White (#2), Blue (#3), Red (#4), Green (#5), Black (#6)
Availability: Avaiable in Dealership costing 1,000 credits
Notes:
It will reach 2000 km/h and it will be the fastest car in the game.
Well to be honest this car most likely won't handle anywhere what the X1 can do. Judging by the top speed the driver will have to brake extremely early just to make sure he doesn't end up in the barriers. And if he is facing the barriers he doesn't have a reverse gear...

More gears = more weight (unless I'm wrong?)

Tis cheap though, online rooms will be full of them :scared:

Honda Nsx-R HyperDXD-R LM Race Car '99
Engine: V10 From Dodge Viper Srt/10
Power: 1000Cv
Torque: 1000Nm
Transmission: 8-Speed Sequential Gearbox
Drivetrain: MR
Weight: 1000 Kg
Livery: Tokisaki Kurumi Nightmare.
Availability: Complete The Anime Vinyls Champioship.
Notes: The car have a segret's aerodinamical aielerons that make the car aerodinamics according to the circuits, the car have the headlight different, and if you press the Nitrous Botton, you activate the power to slow time for the other pilots "only avaiable in the offline's races".

Ex: Test Course: Autosetting to Speed
Ex: Trial Mountain : Autosetting to Control
Ex: Nurbungring: Autosetting to Equilibrate

PS: the idea of this car came to me while I was sleeping ! lol

Last edited:
  • The Gillet Vertigo doesn't even produce that much in real life. I don't know why PD thought it had 897 HP. But now you're shooting that figure up to 1100 HP. That's just terrible (for a perfectionist like me :P).
  • That V6 never acquired a 4WD drivetrain setup either. And it's definitely not possible in a Lotus Elise.
Yes, it really was a joke.

This is a ...IMAGINARY... car, isn't that what this thred is all about ?

How much does the engine really make? I know the red '97 made around 420 horsepower in the third game, but I don't know how much the real '04 makes. Regardless of how accurate to real life it is, 900 horsepower is too much.

How much does the engine really make? I know the red '97 made around 420 horsepower in the third game, but I don't know how much the real '04 makes. Regardless of how accurate to real life it is, 900 horsepower is too much.
There was a GT3 spec car which probably produced around 500 hp like all the other ones. But the one in the Belgian TCC produced about 420 IIRC.

Autobianchi A112 Abarth LM Race car

Engine : 989 cc desmodromic V4 (from a Ducati Desmosedici RR MotoGP race bike)

Power : 197 hp @ 13,800rpm

Torque : 116 Nm @ 10,500rpm

Rev limiter : 14,200rpm
Weight : 684 kg
Transmition : six-speed manual

Livery : the Mobile one livery from the PDF1 car (because it looks awsome :P)
Avalibility : 100,000 credits from dealershipor all bronze in the S Class licence

Top speed : 248.01 mph (399.14 km/h)

Upgrade list : can be upgraded with all of the engine upgrades and you can have a turbo, a supercharger and a stage 3 NA kit together (you will need a lot of money to upgrade this car)

Subaru BRZ LM Race Car
Engine: 2.0 L Boxer from BRZ with Turbo
Power : 430 HP ( 450-550 Nm of Torque )
Transmission : 6-speed Sequential Gearbox
Drivetrain : FR/4WD
Livery: WR Blue Mica
Availability : From Dealerships costing 350 000 credits
Weight: 1000 kg

Top speed : 260-275 kph ( depends on transmission setup )

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Subaru BRZ LM Road-Going Car
Engine: 2.0 L Boxer from BRZ with Turbo
Power : 300 HP ( 400 Nm of Torque )
Transmission : 6-speed Sequential Gearbox
Drivetrain : FR/4WD
Livery: All BRZ S Dealership Colors
Availability : From Dealerships costing 75 000 credits
Weight: 1100 kg

Top speed : 240-250 kph ( depends on transmission setup )

Upgrades : Engine St.3 + High RPM Turbo

There was a GT3 spec car which probably produced around 500 hp like all the other ones. But the one in the Belgian TCC produced about 420 IIRC.
So the red '97 is a touring car and the yellow '04 is a GT? And they overrated the '04 by about 400 horsepower? I've heard of PD screwing up specs (And the power of quite a lot of LMPs and a few high level GTs is inflated in GT4), but this has to be the most extreme screwing up of specs I've seen in this series. I actually wish the '04 had closer to 500 horsepower in game, because 900 is far too much to handle. And I have my doubts about a 3.8L NA V6 being able to make 900 horsepower at only almost 9000 rpm.

Last edited:
So the red '97 is a touring car and the yellow '04 is a GT? And they overrated the '04 by about 400 horsepower? I've heard of PD screwing up specs (And the power of quite a lot of LMPs and a few high level GTs is inflated in GT4), but this has to be the most extreme screwing up of specs I've seen in this series. I actually wish the '04 had closer to 500 horsepower in game, because 900 is far too much to handle. And I have my doubts about a 3.8L NA V6 being able to make 900 horsepower at only almost 9000 rpm.
The real life equivalent has 420-ish hp. No idea where PD dragged those specs from.

hsv
The real life equivalent has 420-ish hp. No idea where PD dragged those specs from.
Neither do I. So the '04 makes 420 hp, just like the '97? I don't know where PD got the brilliant idea to double the power. 900 horsepower is far too much, it would be much better with GT500 level power, like it apparently should have.

Neither do I. So the '04 makes 420 hp, just like the '97? I don't know where PD got the brilliant idea to double the power. 900 horsepower is far too much, it would be much better with GT500 level power, like it apparently should have.
It could be ok if PD made the car 4wd aswell so people could actually handle the power. 💡

It could be ok if PD made the car 4wd aswell so people could actually handle the power. 💡

Except the car is FR, and they got that right. I'd rather just have a car with the correct power rating. Yes, they made the GT500 Skylines 4WD in GT2 (in addition to power overinflation), but that sort of made sense, even though GT class Skylines are RWD. The Vertigo is RWD, period, and I don't want it any other way, except for correct power ratings.

Eh... no. It's not about handling the power, I've always found it forgiving. Why would you want PD to model a car incorrectly when it wouldn't benefit anyone?
Neither do I. So the '04 makes 420 hp, just like the '97?
One makes 420, the other 360-ish, I'm not sure which way round it is.
So the red '97 is a touring car and the yellow '04 is a GT?
No. They are both GT cars. The BTCS is a grid made up of silhouettes, and formerly GT cars. The base car always defines what class of race car it will fit into - GT cars are essentially touring cars, but with more exotic machinery.

hsv
Eh... no. It's not about handling the power, I've always found it forgiving. Why would you want PD to model a car incorrectly when it wouldn't benefit anyone?

One makes 420, the other 360-ish, I'm not sure which way round it is.

No. They are both GT cars. The BTCS is a grid made up of silhouettes, and formerly GT cars. The base car always defines what class of race car it will fit into - GT cars are essentially touring cars, but with more exotic machinery.
Okay, so they're both GTs. As for what racing Vertigo makes 360 hp, I don't know. The '97 makes roughly 420 horsepower in the third game, which sounds right. I don't know what the '04 makes, but it's probably not much different. If I had a GameShark or any other cheat disc, one thing I'd like to do is make a Vertigo hybrid with a much less powerful engine. Probably a DTM or GT500 engine.

RUF CTR2 LM Race Car '96
Engine: Fully modified B6 SOHC RUF CTR2 '96 engine
Power: 944 HP @ 5800 RPM
Torque: 816.16 Nm
Transmission: 5-speed Manual borrowed from Sauber C9
Drivetrain: RR (because the unbelievable understeer on 4WD)
Weight: 1,173 kg
Livery: Rothmans-inspired livery
Availability: Win the RUF All-Stars Cup
Other notes: Has 2 wings inspired by the BTR in GT5/6.

Lotus Esprit Sport 350 LM Race Car '00
Engine: Fully modified V8 DOHC Lotus Esprit Sport 350 '00 engine
Power: 900 HP @ 6500 RPM
Torque: 662.82 Nm
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual borrowed from Jaguar XJR-9
Drivetrain: MR
Weight: 1,105 kg
Livery: Lotus 97T-inspired livery
Availability: Win the Esprit Challenge

and for a joke car...
Suzuki Wagon R RR LM Race Car '98
Engine: Fully modified V8 DOHC Toyota Minolta 88CV Race Car '89 engine
Power: 1,223 HP @ 8,000 RPM
Torque: 816.96 Nm
Transmission: 5-Speed Manual borrowed from Minolta
Weight: 746 kg
Livery: Red with MLG, Mountain Dew, Doritos, Swag, and Xbox logos, as well as the number 420.
Availability: Win the MLG HAXORZZZ CHAMPIUN****
Other notes: Can go 500mph!

Latest Posts

Back