Create an "LM Race Car"

• Thread starter iluvgt4
  • 354 comments
@Racedude- The Jag XJ220 is in the game.
I know...(:banghead:) I mean that (in GT4), the stock XJ220 cannot be tuned to match the specifications of the XJ220 LM; Neither can the Ford GT, the Viper, the Zonda or the Corvette (both the old and new ones) because weight reductions only affect the body, but not the chassis, thus, preventing the player making it's car even lighter. :rolleyes:

^ very true but the weight difference is close to neglegable(sp?) as the street versions can be brought close to the power/weight ratios of their racing brothers and if you put them on stickier tires It would feel almost similar I believe.

Fiat Coupé LM Race Car

Engine : Around 400-600 HP. Uses the engine of the Vector M12.
Drivetrain : MR (no more understeer! :mischievous:)
Weight : 1000 kilogramms.
Tyres : Racing slicks, same size.
Bodykit : It uses a rear wing of a JGTC race car, and a front spoiler of a ricer.
Livery : The RM in GT2. :drool:
Other : More downforce providing smooth cornering, balanced suspension for any surface - flat or bumpy and a new exhaust.

This is possible to make as a GT2 hybrid. Everything except for the body kit is there.

A new LM:

Dodge Viper LM Race Car
Based on: Viper GTS-R Concept

Engine: Modified version of the V10, producing 700 or so horsepower.

Body kit: A subtle front spoiler, a hood scoop. and a wing similar to the Team Oreca, but not as tall.

Livery: Let's try blue with white stripes, like the Viper GTS RM from GT1. And to boot, plain orange, purple, yellow and silver like the various Concept Cars from the first two games.

Honestly I think an AC Cobra LM would be quite cool! It would have a supercharger strapped on it and would put out around 650hp! It would be awesome! I also think maybe a BMW Z4 LM would be cool. I can just picture a Z4 driving in the LM series against Corvettes and Vipers. Another few awesome ones would be Ferrari Testerossa LM and the Lotus Esprit LM car.
They could have sponsers and everything on them and they wouldn't handle like those crappy corvettes.

I agree with LamboDriver, BMW Z4 with a 4 liter V8 producing 500 horses or so, weighing 1,050 KG, a visible roll cage but still no roof, a rear wing (quite a low rear wing), in M3 GTR race car colours

I also think a TVR Speed 12 LM race car would be spectacular

1100 HP
850 KG
On default gear ratio top speed: 369 KM/H
Colour: Orange, black ring round tail, and round bottom of the side and front (would of chosen multicolour but not suitable for racing)

And an Aston Martin Vanquish LM race car
675 HP
1080 KG
Pretty much the le mans DBR9 livery but with different sponsors (red nose)

My idea is a Chrysler 300 LM, about 650hp, 1025kg... Go the Plymouth Superbird route with a LARGE rear-wing, it would use the 1999 Viper GTS-R liveries aka GT2 and destroy a Nissan Skyline GTR LM on every fast course, but not technical courses. Also a Seat Ibiza LM car, it takes the engine from the Espace F1, and is modified to fit a Renault Laguna chassis, it would be rear-engine rear-wheel drive, and use the 8 speed gearbox from the Nike One, and would use the Renault Clio liveries from GT4.

TVR Tamora race car

Power: 595 HP
Weight: 920 KG
6 gears
Can go 300 KM/H
V8 rather than L6
KABOOM, the fastest and coolest thing ever

Lotus Exige '05 (Race Elise)

Matte Black with silver stripes round the skirts
Wide body, full body kits
Power: 430 HP
Weight: 680 KG

These two cars have the same Power to weight ratio, and the Tamora will have the straights but the Elise will have the turns, it'll be a racing class on its own

HondaCivicType-R2007.jpg

[H] HONDA CIVIC TYPE R LM Edition

Engine: 2 I-Vtec 1.6L inline 4 engines
Drivetrain: 4WD
Transmission: 6 Speed Transmission
Horsepower: 399 hp
Torque: 282 ft.lb
Tires: Michelin Destiny
Wheels: Honda Racing Wheels
Size (F/R): 18"/18"
Nitrous (Y/N): Yes, available
Weight: 1785 lb
Other: Functional Air Dam on roof of vehicle

Vehicle Classification: Racing Car

HondaCivicType-R2007.jpg

[H] HONDA CIVIC TYPE R LM Edition

Engine: 2 I-Vtec 1.6L inline 4 engines
Drivetrain: 4WD
Transmission: 6 Speed Transmission
Horsepower: 399 hp
Torque: 282 ft.lb
Tires: Michelin Destiny
Wheels: Honda Racing Wheels
Size (F/R): 18"/18"
Nitrous (Y/N): Yes, available
Weight: 1785 lb
Other: Functional Air Dam on roof of vehicle

Vehicle Classification: Racing Car

Is it really possible/feasible to get 399 HP out of a pair of 1.6L 4cyl? And what is the orientation of the 2 engines? I know this thread is just ideas, but I'm kind of curious on what your thinking here.

I was thinking mounting them in the middle of the car behind the front two seats. Side by side preferrably, and widen the body up to compensate. 399 hp courtesy of superchargers, or big 🤬 turbos. I chose it because it sounds cool. LM cars aren't meant to be that realistic, in my own opinion.

Trans-am stlye muscle cars from the 70's.
And the italian v16 supercar would be nice with some handling and 1200hp.

I was thinking mounting them in the middle of the car behind the front two seats. Side by side preferrably, and widen the body up to compensate. 399 hp courtesy of superchargers, or big 🤬 turbos. I chose it because it sounds cool. LM cars aren't meant to be that realistic, in my own opinion.

If you put one in front in the normal position and put the other in the rear hatch and made it awd It would be so much cooler. and ~400hp is possible from those little motors when tuned right.

Fiat Coupé LM Race Car

Engine : Around 400-600 HP. Uses the engine of the Vector M12.
Drivetrain : MR (no more understeer! :mischievous:)
Weight : 1000 kilogramms.
Tyres : Racing slicks, same size.
Bodykit : It uses a rear wing of a JGTC race car, and a front spoiler of a ricer.
Livery : The RM in GT2. :drool:
Other : More downforce providing smooth cornering, balanced suspension for any surface - flat or bumpy and a new exhaust.

THIS IS MOTHER OF GOD GOOD QUALITY AND I WANT IT!!! (You guys would know why!)

Benz patent motor wagen Lm car

Power: 5 hp :P

Top speed: 20 mph :P

Livery: Same Livery as the SLS AMG GT3.

How would this even work?

Lotus Elise S2 LM Race Car
Engine tuned to about 600BHP, widebody bodykits, 750kg, two livery options: Black with gold offset stripe, or green with gold central stripe.

Caterham Seven LM Race Car
Just give it a classic Lotus livery (see above), massive Ariel Atom V8-Style aero bits, and a 600BHP engine. Job done. Well, you might need to do a bit of chassis strengthening...

AC 427 LM Race Car
Hardtop roof, massive rear tyres, 900BHP, white paint with blue racing stripes and classic race numbers on the side.

Last edited:
Back from the dead Y'all! :) Here's another LM:

===================

Saleen S7R LM

Engine: A race-tuned version of the Road Car's 7.0 Litre V8 (Basically, the engine from the Ford GT LM Spec II) producing 650+ HP and a Stump-Pulling 750 Lbs-Ft of Torque.

Drivetrain: Mid-Engined, Rear-Wheel Drive with a 6-Speed Transmission from X-Trac.

Livery: A plain Silver, Black or Yellow (Same colors as the Road Cars).

Special Livery:

Saleen-S7R_mp155_pic_12611.jpg

Availability: Any of the "Normal Livery" S7 LM's can be bought for 2,000,000 Cr. from Saleen Directly, while the "Special Livery" car can only be won from the Dream Car Championship.

Misc.: The Saleen S7 had quite a competition pedigree, competing at Lemans as well as racing in GT series all around the world since 2001 with some success. However, the S7 had started to show it's age as a competetive chassis...

Thankfully, the GT4 "Dream Car" rules are much, MUCH more open than other series, which has prolonged the competion life of this car by some degree. The Aero package and overall look of the car reminds some of the wild body kits seen in the All-Japan GT Series, while it's speed is right near that of the "Mythical" Pagani Zonda C12 LM (The benchmark for Category 1 of the Dream Car Championship).

===================

Yes, I was beyond 🤬 off when the S7 was included in GT4 without a racing variant...Or that you can't fit a wing to a stock S7 to bring it up to par with the various GT Racers in the game.

This is a sick jgtc car I ran in an online series on fm2.

backviewmesmokin.jpg

Here is how close I got in the turns with damage on. I couldnt get by in the turns, only got next to him after the last turn on the suzuka east straight. His car was so slow in the turns I was easily riding his bumper in the turns, but he would pull away on the straight. I couldnt get by, I think he qualified better then me though, I know some people did.

sideviewmesmokin.jpg

I dont remember ever hitting him, I dont think I broke his tail light. It probably happened at the start of the race.

Clear pic of the side.

IFCAjgtcS4whip.jpg

Last edited:
I was thinking about a couple Prototypes...

Mazda 6 (Atenza) LM Race Car

- Carbon fiber parts to light the body (Skirts,hood,doors,trunk,and other minor parts)

- Removing all the interiors and equip a single bride race car seat, a roll cage, and race equipment like a radio, water tank etc...

- A 3 rotor engine swap naturally aspirated with consistent mods to develop around 500-550HP mounted behind the front seats.

- Adding aero parts like a rear wing and front bumper and enlarging the body for better performance and built in lights right above the front grill for night racing

- Using slick tires (of course rofl) and race car light rims, using an old school 6 speed sequential gearbox with clutch

- About the livery, I would probably use, as most of you will think, the same orange and green painting 787B style. oh, and must be number 45, my lucky number :)

- Specs:

Power: 550HP
Weight: 1000Kg
Drivetrain: M/R

Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 LM Race Car

- Carbon fiber body

- Race car interiors and equipment, roll cage

- Same engine as the stock car, but with 2 big turbos and other mods that bring the power up at around 600HP

- Slick tires, race car rims, 6 speed sequential gearbox

- Petronas livery like Taniguchi's super taikyu Z4

- Specs

Power: 600HP
weight: 950Kg
Drivetrain: F/R

Last edited:
Daihatsu Midget MkI LM Race Car
Cizeta V16T Engine
I can't remember it's power
Engine in the back of it and rear wheel drive

I'd love to see it going through corners with just 3 wheels :P

I was thinking about a couple Prototypes...

Toyota FT-86 Concept '09 LM Race Car

- Carbon fiber body

- Race car interiors and equipment, roll cage

- Same engine as the stock car, but with 2 big turbos and other mods that bring the power up at around 600HP

- Slick tires, race car rims, 6 speed sequential gearbox

- Petronas livery like Taniguchi's super taikyu Z4

- Specs

Power: 600HP
weight: 950Kg
Drivetrain: F/R

The FT-86 isn't in GT4. Though reduce the power to about 450 HP and it would be awesome.

my first post :D

horda accord LM edition

appearance:a total change with full carbon body,using DTM-like bodykit,no decals.

performance:2500 cc,450HP,FR,1000 kg.

story:a mugen project to make a race car to race a dream car championship,due the limitations of budget,mugen can't make a own team,so they only selling the prototypes to privateer teams.

how to get it:win a japan grand touring car(for no livery) or buy it from mugen full model for cr.1.000.000.

hope you like it :D

Lotus Esprit LM Race car

Prety much like the one tha GT2 had...
Black one...
Esprit_GT1.jpg

Near 700 Hp
MR

Lightwheingt..
Lightning fast corner...
Sharp Handling...

Like the Stratos RAlly.. a car for the oner who like to drive the "untamed horses"...;);););):mad::mad::mad::drool::drool::drool::D:D:D

Name - Mercedes SLR LM McLaren
Drivetrain - FR
BHP - 695
Weight -1050kg
Liveries - Mclaren Orange (Dedicated to the McLaren F1's of the 1970's). Silver Arrow (Black with Silver Streaks).
Comments: Top speed of 235mph, with 0-60 in 2.9s

Name - Mini Cooper LM Race Car
Drivetrain - FF
BHP- 250
Weight - 680kg
Liveries - Same colour scheme as the Mazda 6 Touring Car. Red, with White and Blue stripes.
Comments: Top speed 165mph, 0-60 in 5 seconds

Lotus Esprit LM - Celebratory Edition
Drivetrain - FR
BHP - 620
Weight - 750kg
Liveries - Black, with Gold Streaks. Green and Yellow.
Comments: Top Speed 195mph, 0-60 in 3.4 seconds. Black & Gold livery dedicated to Colin Chapman's and the 1970's Lotus F1 cars.

Wow, this thread keeps dying and coming back to life. Anyways, here's an idea:

RUF CTR LM Edition '87

Based on CTR Yellow Bird

Power: About 650 horsepower from a larger 3.8 liter flat 6

Still an RR car, but with the engine moved a close to the middle as possible. Make it mid rear.

Weight: About 1900 pounds

Still a 5 speed tranny

0-60 time of about 3 seconds, top speed over 220.

So, GT4 has quite a bunch of "LM Race Cars", which are only fantasy race cars made to GT regulations. There are quite a bunch of them (Jag XJ220, Mazda RX7, RX8, and others). Why not create your own GT4 LM Racer? I saw some making their own LMs in my other create-a-thread (Tankuroded to name one) It will be a fantasy car anyways, so just make it illogical [within reason] as you want.

Here's mine:

Dodge Ram LM Race Truck

Specs:
Regular Cab
850kg weigh
MR drivetrain

Engine: Same on as in GT4's Ram 1500, but with twin turbos and 800 hp (Stage 4 turbo ups it up to 1200)

Colors: Plum Crazy, Hemi Orange, and some other classics.

And it retains the 200 points glitch.

No, the engine would be under the bed.

Sounds like a fun one. But I never saw A CX-7 in GT4. I saw the MX-Crossport, which I believe is the precursor of the CX-7, but no real CX-7.
And there's no LM label. Still sounds like an LM to me. Nice choice of livery too. I like that livery. But why not also offer the orange and green livery of the 787B? It's seen on the RX8 LM too, so why not spread the livery?

Sounds awesome. What to drive if you can't get an FGT.

A real wolf in sheep's clothing?
Awesome man! Can you post pictures of these cars and a save game with all the cars on it please:)
Edit: Nevermind i didn't realize this was just fantasy ideas. :lol: However if this could be done, it would be awesome!

Last edited:
Totally forgot about this thread! And well you couldn't get the racing liveries you wanted (I think?), you could easily make hybrids with specs like these.

Latest Posts

Back