Credits and Xp reduced with 2.0

• Thread starter simpleskin
  • 100 comments
Well there is a glitch or something as ive just run the le-sarthe seasonall in my 458 and only won 168,000 credits so this % thing isnt working. And dont say ive not logged in before today as I spend at least 4 hours a days 7 days a week ingame.

I did the X2010 seasonal and got 5,5 mill. Maybe you need 2 days for it to work?

I did the X2010 seasonal and got 5,5 mill. Maybe you need 2 days for it to work?

No you dont it works fine on my se condary acc, Ive just spoken with friends in online lobby and they all have the same issue and it appears to be because we logged out after midnight IE 02:30 this morning so hasnt logged yesterdays as signing on. I use secondary acc only for duping and just checked and thats fine as this acc only gets used every day for 30 mins or so when Im having breakfast. SO we have a glitch here.

If I'm not mistaken this was mentioned a while back on one of the spec 2.0 threads so its no surprise really. Guess the moaners want everything for no effort.

Get over it.

I agree:tup: I had the game in December and practically had it beat by February, I earned my way through this game. And then all these noobes grind for credits and xp which IMO is cheap. Especially when more than half of your friends list is online grinding, when I just want to race and let the rewards come naturally at this point as I have been a B spec Lv 40 for a long while now and way over A spec lv 35 for months (currently at 39). But my point is I have a moderate amount of wins, which are truely won, not from grinding and cutting corners to beat ai. And 75,000 + miles driven, pretty much all online. And more than half my online GT5 friends have like 20,000miles driven, a lot of wins and have A spec lv 40 and B spec lv 30+.....hmmm.....thats not too balanced. So I really don't care that they took away all the nonsense. And I will enjoy what the give us in 2.0 and the DLC. It's like a new game for me!

hmmm... if i don't connect to the internet, then it won't install the update, correct? as i think I'll grind la sarthe for a bit before installing 2.0

hmmm... if i don't connect to the internet, then it won't install the update, correct? as i think I'll grind la sarthe for a bit before installing 2.0
As long as you are not logged into PSN, you aren't able to enter the seasonal events.

Why are people moaning when the seasonal stuff has been taken down to its pre psn down days values? They weren't moaning prior to that but now the game has been spoilt as it will actually take some graft to achieve their goals.

Pathetic.

You've still got a 2 fold increase over what was awarded prior to the system down time. Jeez

Gotta say tho I'm loving the comments from the people who wanted a million cars and a hundred weight of tracks included with this update. You got what was advertised on the tin. Not your wishlists to make life easy.

Why are people moaning when the seasonal stuff has been taken down to its pre psn down days values? They weren't moaning prior to that but now the game has been spoilt as it will actually take some graft to achieve their goals.

Pathetic.

You've still got a 2 fold increase over what was awarded prior to the system down time. Jeez

Gotta say tho I'm loving the comments from the people who wanted a million cars and a hundred weight of tracks included with this update. You got what was advertised on the tin. Not your wishlists to make life easy.

Wait, let's see, b/c its a game and no one wants to spend all their time grinding to afford the cars they want. The fact that aspec/online racing give crap for money rewards means that seasonals were the best way to make the cash. Why PD believes in low rewards for normal racing is beyond me. If they would just increase the revenue for all events aspec/online/seasonal etc then it would not be a big issue. Its not like car rarity/etc matter anymore. Then at least people would not glitch to get the expensive cars into there garage.

500k payouts for a 3min race meant you could buy just about any car without too much effort - in my mind, I do not view that type of reward as "balance".

misfire200
Wait, let's see, b/c its a game and no one wants to spend all their time grinding to afford the cars they want. The fact that aspec/online racing give crap for money rewards means that seasonals were the best way to make the cash. Why PD believes in low rewards for normal racing is beyond me. If they would just increase the revenue for all events aspec/online/seasonal etc then it would not be a big issue. Its not like car rarity/etc matter anymore. Then at least people would not glitch to get the expensive cars into there garage.

But isn't grinding what everyone did pre 3x payouts? Don't remember much moaning about having to do like the wind or whatever prior to that.

Your gripe is both null and void.

The game has almost gone back to what it was in Jan or Feb. I forget when. It was a proper lot of work to get the best cars. Took me an age to afford the peugot, and when I did I was chuffed to bits. 908 I mean.

What's so wrong with working for something?

But isn't grinding what everyone did pre 3x payouts? Don't remember much moaning about having to do like the wind or whatever prior to that.
You weren't paying attention. Grinding was always dumb, and people have been complaining about it forever.
Your gripe is both null and void.
It's perfectly valid.
The game has almost gone back to what it was in Jan or Feb. I forget when. It was a proper lot of work to get the best cars. Took me an age to afford the peugot, and when I did I was chuffed to bits. 908 I mean.

The sheer stupidity of it is what's wrong. I want to race nothing more. So do other people. "Proper" lot of work? Hardly. It's more of a pointless chore. I got my 908 from a duped ticket. I've enjoyed ever since, much better than driving in circles until I could afford one. Only thing better would have been starting the game with the 908 in the garage.

Don't remember much moaning about having to do like the wind or whatever prior to that.
There were more than enough moaning about the grinding issues.

None. But as there is no equal balance between how much you win in A-spec races and the costs of certain cars/upgrades, it quickly becomes a question of grinding. Pre Spec II seasonals evened it out, more or less.

Basically GT5 should not be a game about grinding, it should be a game about racing and enjoying the cars...however to enjoy a large variety of cars it requires a ridiculous amount of grinding/glitching which is stupid and pointless. Money should be easy to obtain so we can enjoy the cars and racing...if i wanted to do pointless grinding then there are plenty of alternatives.

Its ridiculous how little money can be earned via racing normally. If PD wants to gimp the game, they are doing a great job. I would not need to grind if all races gave similar payouts for the time required to complete them and the amount was a significant amount to continue to buy/upgrade cars.

Let me see, I am in Pharmacy School, have 2 children, and work...so hmm...so I do not feel the need to WORK at a game to get a virtual object to drive around a virtual track...

I could only imagine how much more of a pain in the butt this game would be if it had been developed in South Korea where they love to grind 24/7.

Now, I am not saying each race should give out 5,000,000 credits per win...but PD needs to tweak the payouts so its fair based on the effort required to complete not too mention bonus' for completing certain objectives. Should i make 100 million credits in a day from doing nothing, NO...but money should be easier to acquire normally than just racing the ferrari seasonal over and over which gets boring. I would much prefer to run a varied racing schedule with all my cars and make similar money than spamming it over and over. That is the problem....Also the endurance races payouts are complete crap for the amount of effort that goes into them, and all A-spec race prize money needs a complete overhaul.

So what's the situation here, do you only have to log in and immediately quit each day to qualify as having been playing the game?

misfire200 - I thought the game had an Arcade mode? Plus, noone says you have to collect all 1000 cars. I have around 600 but only use 15 or 20 on a regular basis. The game is still fun. Save up and buy the ones that you really want to race.

For the people who do play every day, the game would wear out pretty quickly if it was easy to collect all cars, all paints, all tickets, all suits, helmets, etc. In my opinion, the game right now has something for everyone.

So what's the situation here, do you only have to log in and immediately quit each day to qualify as having been playing the game?
I don't get either. This whole bonus system makes no sense whatsoever.

I could've sworn that in reality, Square Enix developed GT5.

How was GT1, GT2, GT3 or GT4 any different? We had to grind in all of those games too. I don't know how many times I raced the German Touring Car Championship in GT4 in order to build up and buy all of the cars? That race paid $15k to win for each of the five events, $75k for winning the championship and a Mercedes prize car worth $790k. Total of $940k for doing five race which averages to $188k per race. PD is being true to the GT series. Grinding is now and always has been part of this game. What is it with the crowd of people playing today who want everything with no effort?

How was GT1, GT2, GT3 or GT4 any different? We had to grind in all of those games too. I don't know how many times I raced the German Touring Car Championship in GT4 in order to build up and buy all of the cars? That race paid $15k to win for each of the five events, $75k for winning the championship and a Mercedes prize car worth $790k. Total of $940k for doing five race which averages to $188k per race. PD is being true to the GT series. Grinding is now and always has been part of this game. What is it with the crowd of people playing today who want everything with no effort?
But then again, it was fairly balanced as far as I remember.

Never really understood grinding as most people see it. Someone calculates that driving a Ferrari round La Sarthe gives the best cr/min. So everyone else drives the same car round the same track for hours on end, ignoring the fact that other car/track combos, while not quite as profitable, still give a decent return.

I like to try lots of different car/track combos with seasonals, this improves my driving, still gets me lots of credits, and never gets boring.

The problem with the game balance is not the lack of rewards for A-Spec, it's the ridiculous price of a very small number of cars in the game. In the previous GT games, the most expensive car was 2 million credits (at least for GT1-3, I never played 4). The cheap cars in GT5 are still cheap, the A-Spec rewards are much the same, the only thing that's changed is that the most expensive cars are 10x dearer than before.

One last little thing: for one-off rewards, like the Vettel seasonal, wait until your multiplier is 200% before doing them!

What is it with the crowd of people playing today who want everything with no effort?

it's called having a life, and not wanting to spend hours pointlessly grinding the same race just so i can race an expensive car that is too expensive otherwise.

i actually had stopped racing for a while, but with half price OCD and 3x credit reward I actually started playing again in the hopes of getting sweet cars, like M3 GTR, Diablo Nomad etc... which I did, and it was great. unfortunately i still don't have the Ferrari P330 or the Lambo Miura. no way i will spend weeks on end on La Sarthe in an Enzo to be able to do online races with these. this only makes people want to glitch to get cash or look elsewhere for racing entertainment

imo GT should be about racing and not grinding. the fact that you liked to grind in previous GT isn't a good thing, the game needs to evolve and be better, esp now that GT has online racing. so now PD should realize that people will still play the game via online and not grinding - it is just ridiculous how little reward you get in online, yet have had some of my most fun races on it. it's not like you need to grind in iracing to race, yet people still play it to race, and in the end that is all i want to do, but with cars that i want. not my fault if some cost 20m cr. :(

Last edited:
Basically GT5 should not be a game about grinding, it should be a game about racing and enjoying the cars...however to enjoy a large variety of cars it requires a ridiculous amount of grinding/glitching which is stupid and pointless. Money should be easy to obtain so we can enjoy the cars and racing...if i wanted to do pointless grinding then there are plenty of alternatives.

Its ridiculous how little money can be earned via racing normally. If PD wants to gimp the game, they are doing a great job. I would not need to grind if all races gave similar payouts for the time required to complete them and the amount was a significant amount to continue to buy/upgrade cars.

couldn't agree more..

Grinding, especially in a Racing game, is simply a bad design choice on PD's part.. especially when you have over 1000 cars to buy many of which are worth several million credits..
IF (and i think this is the reason) they are really worried that Newcomers to the game would ruin the balance of the game by getting too much money through Seasonal Events they should restrict them to higher level gamers and increase the price accordingly..

getting anywhere between 350.000 - 500.000 credits per race (not the 1 lap la sarthe race, i mean normal races) on seasonal events was the perfect amount in my opinion..

it's called having a life, and not wanting to spend hours pointlessly grinding the same race just so i can race an expensive car that is too expensive otherwise.

i actually had stopped racing for a while, but with half price OCD and 3x credit reward I actually started playing again in the hopes of getting sweet cars, like M3 GTR, Diablo Nomad etc... which I did, and it was great. unfortunately i still don't have the Ferrari P330 or the Lambo Miura. no way i will spend weeks on end on La Sarthe in an Enzo to be able to do online races with these. this only makes people want to glitch to get cash or look elsewhere for racing entertainment

imo GT should be about racing and not grinding. the fact that you liked to grind in previous GT isn't a good thing, the game needs to evolve and be better, esp now that GT has online racing. so now PD should realize that people will still play the game via online and not grinding - it is just ridiculous how little reward you get in online, yet have had some of my most fun races on it. it's not like you need to grind in iracing to race, yet people still play it to race, and in the end that is all i want to do, but with cars that i want. not my fault if some cost 20m cr. :(

exactly.. GT needs to evolve out of the old PS1-2 era of grinding when you basically had no online and therefore had to grind 1 race several times to buy cars.. times have changed.

Ya I just checked that and all you have to do is log on and back off every day to keep the 200% multiplyer so all is great here! seriously I can not stand all these want everything for nothing whiners, if you can't be bothered by logging in and out (taking about 1 minute per account) then you deserve less payouts. seriously people!

If I'm not mistaken this was mentioned a while back on one of the spec 2.0 threads so its no surprise really. Guess the moaners want everything for no effort.

Get over it.

What effort? It's a game, for crying out loud. Last time I checked, I played games to have fun, not to have a second job. And I have other things I want to do in life that I already have to put a ton of work into in order to accomplish.

The last thing I need to "work" hard on is a silly video game.

I actually plan on doing all the seasonals over again to earn money so getting cash can at least have some fun in it. But it is really lame that the Ferrari race no longer pays out 500K. That quick money was extremely helpful.

Last edited:
Never really understood grinding as most people see it. Someone calculates that driving a Ferrari round La Sarthe gives the best cr/min. So everyone else drives the same car round the same track for hours on end, ignoring the fact that other car/track combos, while not quite as profitable, still give a decent return.

I like to try lots of different car/track combos with seasonals, this improves my driving, still gets me lots of credits, and never gets boring.

I hear that, I use the 512BB and still win without cutting any chicanes, just make the last pass coming out of the last chicane before the line!

OMG this sucks so bad. Earning the cash for high dollar cars, the horror. Everything should be free, this is BS.

LOL. Go play something else if you don't like it.

When they started the triple payout they said it was for a limited time. I'm just saying.
Not sure what everyone expected. :sly:

Its good for people who cant spend enough money and bad for those that dont play everyday. For me its good!

Back