Cross-Platform Play Comes to PlayStation At Last

I didn't know this was an issue specific to Play Station. If I remember correctly, FFXIV has had access to the same servers between PC and the PS4 & PS3. Never really thought about other games being cross-platform. Didn't think anything about XBOX to PC since they're both Microsoft platforms(most of the time), but I had no idea games were running together across those same platforms and Nintendo.

I didn't know this was an issue specific to Play Station. If I remember correctly, FFXIV has had access to the same servers between PC and the PS4 & PS3. Never really thought about other games being cross-platform. Didn't think anything about XBOX to PC since they're both Microsoft platforms(most of the time), but I had no idea games were running together across those same platforms and Nintendo.

Sony had Crossplay activated for both PC and mobile but they didn't want crossplay with their direct competitors(Nintendo and Xbox)

About time IMO. As I said on another forum, I always found it strange owners of games couldn't crossplay regardless of platform. It's a good start. Hope it doesn't take too long to evolve for other games.

That's great news, well done Sony.

:cheers:

AC won't get cross platform... Well, it could get if they nerf physics on PC... So nope, it won't happen..

This is the biggest gaming news of the year! I cant wait to compete cross-platform, this would be MEGA! Would explain why iracing showed signs of an impending console oriented direction, like the introduction of AI!

AC physics are nerfed on consoles?

...there is internal frequency at witch physics is calculated. On PC it is by default set to 333Hz, on consoles is, as far as I know locked at 240Hz, donno if anything was changed lately, but when I was active as modder and did a lot of stuff with AC, this was the case.

Last edited:
Crossplay Forza with Gran Turismo and with Mario Kart lol
That would be something. Especially so we wouldn't have to compromise which video game console to buy and save money. Kinda like Xbox players who love the Forza series and don't have a PlayStation but are also, by the same token, curious about the Gran Turismo. And vice versa

Cross play with other consoles is fine. Cross play with PC is pure cancer. Get ready for all the cheaters...

Yep, I agree. This and PC elitists trolling console gamers by starting arguments.

I would love it if Sony teamed up with the team that made infinite worlds for minecraft on consoles... If they keep updating it.

Yep, I agree. This and PC elitists trolling console gamers by starting arguments.

I would love it if Sony teamed up with the team that made infinite worlds for minecraft on consoles... If they keep updating it.
Especially for Mac users who can't afford a PC

Latest Posts

Back