CSO Tuning by Smuttysy - Now closed

• Thread starter Smuttysy
  • 101 comments
Nissan GTR Concept (Tokyo Motor Show)
NissanGTRConceptTokyoMotorShow2001.jpg

My personal drag destroyer of choice, with a split personality. Not only will it drag an impressive quarter, it won't fall flat on it's back when you ask it to run around the rest of the circuit.​

(Circuit tests not finalised at time of this comment, but will be when this line is not here)

Finished car specs
Max Power - 775 BHP
Weight - 1269 Kg
PP - 619
Mileage of test car - 119.3 miles

The Extras.
Purchase everything for this car, EXCEPT the Rigidity Improvement.
(Engine rebuild and Rigidity Refresh as required)
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

The Settings.

Transmission* - Pursuit Special 7 speed Gearbox (Most circuits will manage ok with stock transmission though, see comment below)
Set Final drive to 4.864, top speed slider to 168mph

Adjust for each track accordingly using the final drive ratio. (Optimal ratio for most circuits seems to be 3.500)
*The more observant among you will notice that this gearbox is the exact same ratio set as that of the stock gearbox, and you'd be absolutely correct for one very good reason - It's pretty damned good!
For quarter drags I use the stock, lag free, fully automatic gearbox, which is good for around 215mph. Use the fully modified box for longer runs, such as the tunnel or La Sarthe etc.

Differential
9/13
49/54
41/44

Torque Distribution
35/65 (45/55 for drag racing with stock gearbox)

Suspension
-25/-25
14.0/13.0
8/9
6/7
4/3

Camber & Toe
2.0/1.5
0.00/0.00

Brake Balance - 7/10 (Adjust for your personal preference though)

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4
Driving Line - On, but only as braking reference points

Tests

image06a.jpg
TBC
image26a.jpg
TBC
image16a.jpg
TBC

SRF Off HSR test - TBC

Tuner's Comments - This is a devastatingly good drag car, especially with the stock gearbox, as there's no lag between gearchanges regardless of when you change gear. You never have to "learn" the gearbox to find the sweet spots of the best change points. I even leave mine set to AT, and regularly beat GTR's etc to about 180mph in the tunnels, where it starts to lose out slightly.
It launches as if it was already running before the line too, and regularly surprises some of the established drag cars. You can even run it with a 50/50 torque split without too much bother, but simultaneous braking and cornering performance are dramatically reduced.
Sadly though, this kind of performance brings out the jealousy, (possibly the wrong word) in people who can't tune a drag car for toffee, so they then pull up next to you in their Veyrons. :ouch:

*All times tested include SRF on and ABS, because I haven't got the talent to carry those times without. This also shows the potential of the car, rather than my abilities. Also, I only have a DS3, so don't have the same level of control as you would have from using a wheel and pedals set.*

Last edited:
Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
used your tune and what a great improvement over what i was driving. This car is still a beast and needs to go on a diet. Lets just say when ever i drive this vehicle it is more about style than performance.
By the way i use a wheel and make it a habit to test all the tunes on line rather than off line. The above Deep Forest was online.

Now i just need to look at your tunes and decide which one i will try next. Thanks again for all your work.

Physics Experiment - Offline vs. Online
SubaruImprezaTwoShot.jpg

It seems a little strange to me that having different physics engines for the same game should occur with such an advanced (relatively speaking) platform, but GT5 seems to have it in a way I've never experienced before. A car tuned offline may handle exceptionally well, until you take it out the the interwebs and try to perform at the same level. Some cars work just as well in both arenas, where other cars fail dismally online. A great example of this being MR cars, which are generally seductively good when driven offline, but seem to just want to spin around on the spot when taken online.
With this in mind I decided to try one of my tunes in both environments to conduct a comparative test. So, here's the car and setup involved.

Subaru Impreza 22B
All upgrades at the highest performance levels purchased for the car EXCEPT the aftermarket wing and rigidity improvement.
Racing soft tyres fitted.

Finished car specs
Max Power - 550BHP
Weight - 1056Kg
PP - 560
Mileage of test car - 17,689.0 miles

Piranha 6 gearbox fitted
Set the final drive to 5.360, then the top speed slider to 168MPH
Final Drive set to 4.400

Differential
9/13
49/54
41/44

Torque Distribution
20/80

Suspension
-25/-25
11.8/9.7
5/5
3/3
4/4

Camber & Toe
2.5/1.5
-0.10/+0.10

Brakes
7/10

TCS - 0
ASM - 0
SRF - On*
ABS - 4
Gearchange - MT
Controls - DS3

All settings used for both parts of the test, and remained completely unaltered in any way.

I used Autumn Ring for the tests, as it features some really good sections overall and most people have at least experienced it once during their game progression. I am also able to get relatively consistent lap times there too.

The offline test.
The launch from the line is as I expected, clean and fast, but the first corner was something else. Under braking it was steady as a rock, turned in and brought the rear around slightly. Put the boot down and it seemed to grip from the front end, as if being FWD, despite the 20/80 split. Understeer out through the corner. Unfortunately, it was the same story through the rest of the lap. It was almost as if it had a split of 60/40, with more power going to the front end than was requested.
Get the lines right and it is planted, you just can't get onto the gas quite a readily as you'd like, because it'll take you off into the green stuff. It almost seems like a "clinical" car, where everything had to be precisely right, and that seemed to reduce the amount of fun I had with it to a level close to zero.

The Online Test
Ok, so I setup a room of my own and started the race, waited for the countdown to finish and set off.
The launch was exactly the same as before, perhaps slightly better, so here comes the first corner. Braking at the same point and pulling the rear round under the brakes worked as well as in the offline test, but then I floored it mid corner. The back end lit up, but in a predictable and controllable manner. Smoke billowing from all four tyres, the drift was stunningly good fun, even perhaps impressive, for someone who doesn't have much drifting competence such as myself!
The haiprin after the second straight was just as good - brake hard, turn in, spot the apex, hit the gas, slide out leaving big number 11's on the road behind me. By this time I was having enough fun that timing really didn't matter anymore. Another great drift around the circular uphill section and everything was big smiles, then the lap was over. (hits the start race button again)

The Video Evidence
WARNING - Do not adjust your speakers until after the beat kicks in at 0:13

Debrief
All in all, the difference in lap time was around a second or two, but the enjoyment factor was off the scale in the online mode. The car is alive, and responds in a way you would expect a 500bhp road-going rally monster would. If you only ever drive this car offline you'll never actually experience what this car is meant to do. Like I said above, the offline feel is very cold, calculated and clinical. Ok, dull perhaps, and even taking the torque distribution back to 10/90 it still doesn't have the same feeling as the former settings do online.
I was running this setup in a room last night with a few regulars and despite the power advantage of the GTR's that everyone had brought out, they couldn't keep up through the twisty stuff, thanks mainly to the precision of the handling. I even managed a drifting overtake around the circular uphill section!

Final thoughts
Add the setup, take it online, floor the corners in 2nd gear. Trust me, you'll have fun!

*Now, some of you will no doubt be saying "turn off the SRF blah blah blah". Both times I had the SRF on, so it's a fair and direct comparison. Sure, I've used it with SRF off in offline, but even that still doesn't compare to the enjoyment of the online handling with the SRF on. The car is still hesitant, uneasy and will still understeer it's way into the bushes if you boot it too early - online doesn't suffer from that problem at all.

Last edited:
Tuning house closing down(EDIT: Or maybe not just yet,,,)
I've been running lots of mixed source tunes on all my cars recently and have found so many "generic" or very good tunes that work for a multitude of cars and have decided to close up my tuning thread accordingly.
Whilst I'm sure nobody will be displeased by this, it's becoming a rather tedious affair when I use a generic setup on a new car using settings from ones I've already made or used, only to find that right off the bat they're planted. Posting all the data for them seems like an exercise in copy & paste, rather than a sharing of new information, which seems a little pointless to me.

I like the idea of being able to help people get their cars up to a competitive level, perhaps even the possibility of making someone's day by being able to finally win that "one race" which they've struggled with. But that flame is fading faster than the battery monitor on a Citroen GT Concept.

My final tuning guides below are to be my last, and are the generic "bases" which I use across all my cars now. Sure, they'll need a little bit of tweaking to make them "perfect", but the basics are all there, and generally will win seasonals in this early evolution phase.

I've made some good tunes, some bad ones and some indifferent, but all in all they've helped me better some cars, and to that end I'll bow out on a high.

Last edited:
Generic Base tunes
My final tuning post, here are the generic base tunes I use for starting off a car's tuning, which in a lot of cases ends up being the final tune. I've already posted the generic MR tune, so here are the FF and FR guides to accompany them.
You may find that some of the spring rate settings may not be available across all cars, but you should be able to reduce, or add, a solid figure to them to make them suit. I.E. if you cannot get 14.0/15.5 reduce both figures by 4.0, leaving you with 10.0/11.5.

250px-En_ff001_english.svg.png

Front Wheel Drive Cars
(Originally made for the Focus RS)
Gearbox
see this post and choose the set which the car can use.

Suspension
Full ride height drop
10.0/10.0
6/8
3/6
3/6

Camber & Toe
2.0/1.0
-0.10/0.00

250px-En_fr001_english.png

Front Engined, Rear Wheel Drive Cars
(Originally made for the Toyota Supra RZ)
Gearbox
see this post and choose the set which the car can use.

Suspension
Full ride height drop
14.2/7.2
8/8
8/8
4/4

Camber & Toe
2.0/1.0
0.00/0.00

I do have generic sets for 4wd cars, but they tend to differ slightly by manufacturer, but not by a great deal. That said, there's enough difference to make it a rather longer post than I've really got the will to type. I will still take tuning requests, but really have lost the inspiration to spends weeks on making a car absolutely "perfect".

Tuning house closing down
I've been running lots of mixed source tunes on all my cars recently and have found so many "generic" or very good tunes that work for a multitude of cars and have decided to close up my tuning thread accordingly.
Whilst I'm sure nobody will be displeased by this, it's becoming a rather tedious affair when I use a generic setup on a new car using settings from ones I've already made or used, only to find that right off the bat they're planted. Posting all the data for them seems like an exercise in copy & paste, rather than a sharing of new information, which seems a little pointless to me.

I like the idea of being able to help people get their cars up to a competitive level, perhaps even the possibility of making someone's day by being able to finally win that "one race" which they've struggled with. But that flame is fading faster than the battery monitor on a Citroen GT Concept.

My final tuning guides below are to be my last, and are the generic "bases" which I use across all my cars now. Sure, they'll need a little bit of tweaking to make them "perfect", but the basics are all there, and generally will win seasonals in this early evolution phase.

I've made some good tunes, some bad ones and some indifferent, but all in all they've helped me better some cars, and to that end I'll bow out on a high.

Hey man i wouldn't close up shop just yet.

Kaz tweeted that physics changes are going to be included with the Spec 2.0 update.So maybe that will mean that you won't have that "generic" thing to worry about anymore.

close shop, NO. Take a vacation, Yes. I enjoy trying different tunes from all tuners and i have a many cars with your numbers.
I can understand the passion may be gone but as startfirebird states the physics may change .
Hope you reconsider and take that well deserved vacation.

As Starfirebird has said, I wouldn't throw in the towel just yet. Spec II is on its way, and with it comes many opportunities to find your way out of your block. Even if you can't get the tunes to work out without copy and pasting some bits on, it's fine. Just work at your tuning guides for the while, who knows? You might pick up something.

Hope to see you return to the tuning scene soon :)

Tuning house closing down

You can't close it down man. Generic tunes are garbage. Yes a slight improvement, but not close to the true spirit of the car. There are so many tuners and tunes available now you just gotta think of ways to make your garage stand out more to bring that fire back. I was thinking the same thing for a while, but than opened my drift garage as I am the only one to make it more fun and different. Do crazy tunes like a maxed out Veyron on sports hard or something. Go threw the list to see what cars still need tunes and just knock them out. The main thing is do like 1-2 a week max to not make this a chore sort of thing and still fun.

^^
👍 for that. Shmogt, I fully agree with almost everything you said for once. If you think a generic tune is faster than what you could manage yourself, try to bring out the true spirit/intent of the car to the best of your abilities. That should be the most rewarding part of tuning.

Thanks for all the support, it really means something to me that enough people care/appreciate something that I have done.
I will admit that the possibilities of better physics to come have made me feel somewhat indifferent about my previously mentioned position, and I think maybe just a little break may be what I need to re-organise myself. I may even take the GT5 disc out of the machine for the first time in over 9 months and play something else for a while. I doubt it though, as I've still got over 100 cars in my premium garage to fully break in.

I tend to look through the lists for cars which have no tunes accredited to them, so will have a look through at a later date and see what I can contribute.

I will be back, I promise you all that. Thanks for keeping the faith, and giving me the inspiration to carry on.

Mazda RX7 Touring Car (DLC 1 Edition)
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps.jpg

The screaming banshee gets a huge makeover, and a more powerful heart. I wasn't expecting anything special from this, having failed to make much of a difference with some of the others of its breed, but this one is pretty special!​

Finished car specs
Max Power - 662BHP
Weight - 975Kg
PP - 645
Mileage of test car - 220.5 miles

The Extras.
(Oil changed from new, and at 180 mile intervals)
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

The Settings.

Aero - 35/60

Transmission - Pirhana 6 Gearbox
Set Final drive to 5.500, top speed slider to 180mph*

Adjust for each track accordingly using the final drive ratio. (Optimal ratio for most circuits seems to be 4.500)

* - This initial final drive setting was tested at the full 662bhp, and may differ if you have less power in the engine.

Differential
Unavailable at present

Suspension
0/0
13.0/14.5
8/8
9/10
6/7

Camber & Toe
1.5/1.5
-15/+20

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4

Tests

image06a.jpg
6:24.8xx
image26a.jpg
0:57.9xx
picture.php
1:18.9xx

SRF Off HSR test - GOOD - Almost as planted as with it switched on. Has a little bit more 2nd gear full-throttle oversteer, but is predictable enough to control.

Tuner's Comments - Superb handling car, with an exhaust note that really feels alive. I took this car around the Tokyo R246 circuit and managed to post 1:33's, which put it on a similar performance level as GT500 cars. This car really puts a smile on my face, especially around Spa!

*All times tested include SRF on and ABS, because I haven't got the talent to carry those times without. This also shows the potential of the car, rather than my abilities. Also, I only have a DS3, so don't have the same level of control as you would have from using a wheel and pedals set.*

Last edited:
Nissan R35 GTR Touring Car (DLC 1 Edition)
EifelCircuit.jpg

Some see this as just a 4wd version of the Schultze N24, but it's got so much more to offer than just a fancy paintjob. The grip is superb and the power delivery is pretty good too.​

Finished car specs
Max Power - 891BHP (Edit - further testing revealed a further 6bhp, topping out at 897bhp at 265miles)
Weight - 1215Kg
PP - 701
Mileage of test car - 246.7 miles

The Extras.
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

The Settings.

Aero - 35/60

Set Final drive to 5.404, top speed slider to 193mph*

Adjust for each track accordingly using the final drive ratio. (Optimal ratio for most circuits seems to be 4.300)

* - This initial final drive setting was tested at the full 891bhp, and may differ if you have less power in the engine.

Differential
(Default values used at time of test)

Torque Distribution
20/80

Suspension
+1/+3
16.0/13.0
8/6
6/6
4/6

Camber & Toe
2.0/1.5
-0.10/+0.10

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On or Off, adjust to your preference.
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4

Tests

image06a.jpg
6:05.8xx
image26a.jpg
0:55.8xx
picture.php
1:15.7xx

SRF Off test - REASONABLE - Has a tendency to understeer if you go into the corners too hot.

Tuner's Comments - Another car who's potential seems to have been reached, this is an utter joy to drive and makes for some superb single make/model racing online. Handling in the wet is also unbelievably good.

Last edited:
Retests on the Belgian Wonder.

picture.php

I've never really felt that the Nurburgring was really that good a testing platform for the cars, mostly because it's more of a test of the driver's ability, rather than the capabilities of the car. I'll make the mistakes before the cars show up any flaws, so it is with absolutely no regret whatsoever that I shall no longer be using the 'Ring for testing my tunes, in favour of the much more user friendly Spa.

With this in mind I have decided to revisit all my previously posted tunes and run them round Spa. Because I know this track really well, having absolutely caned it to death in previous racing titles, I have also taken off all the aids except the ABS, and have so far not had any problems to speak of.

So far I've tested just a handful of the cars I've prepped so far, but will work my way through the entire garage and post their results accordingly. Here's the results so far.

All tests carried out on Racing Soft tyres, with TCS, ASM and SRF switched OFF, ABS at 4, Manual transmission and DS3 controller.
  • Subaru Cusco Advan Impreza - 2:20.0xx
  • Lexus IS200 GT1 Race Car - 2:23.3xx
  • Toyota Supra RZ - 2:21.0xx
  • Chevrolet Camaro LM Race Car - 2:09.1xx
  • Nissan Option Stream Z - 2:17.3xx
  • Nismo Skyline GTR S-Tune - 2:19.1xx
  • Subaru Cusco Dunlop Impreza - 2:20.8xx
  • Ford Escort Rally Car - 2:21.5xx
  • BMW M3 GTR - 2:17.0xx
  • Ford Focus RS - 2:25.8xx
  • HKS Genki Hyper Silvia - 2:17.9xx
Day One Notes - Both Subaru's are almost completely unstickable! Utterly planted through the corners and I couldn't get the back end to slide about unless I used the handbrake. I tested the Lexus after the Imprezas, so it just felt dramatically underpowered.
The Supra was a good laugh, despite the top speed run setup it did quite well in the bends. Had some awesome multiple apex drifting fun in the middle sectors of the circuit. In contrast, the Camaro felt slightly uneasy, ready to spin itself around in any of the first three gears.
Option Z did remarkably well, despite the lumpy power delivery, although I think the new diff has helped stabilise the wheelspin somewhat. The Nismo is suffering from a little bit of oversteer when accelerating from 2nd gear, but is pretty easy to catch. Same with the Escort, although it's more from lift-off under heavy braking. Still enormously good fun though, as you enter most corners sideways!
The Focus RS really showed up it's massive plough-on understeer tendencies through excessive power, but is easily tamed by using only 3rd gear and beyond. Not ideal, but it has enough torque to drag it around in a respectable time. The HKS felt rather underwhelming, despite the impressive time it put in. Suffering from a little bit of understeer and a lack of crisp turn-in, but that's something I'll come back to and tune out.
The star of the day is definitely the M3, posting the fastest test time of the day despite not having any downforce and taking most corners like a rally driver. You can literally play with the back end of the car through the corners with the throttle, which is enough to put a massive grin on your face when you come out of the corner trailing more smoke than an episode of Top Of The Pops!

Day two of the retests,,

• Nissan C-West Razo Silvia - 2:23.3xx
  • Nismo Fairlady S-Tune - 2:19.1xx
  • Nismo Fairlady Z-Tune - 2:16.9xx
  • Citroen Xsara Rally Car - 2:23.9xx
  • Toyota Corolla Rally Car - 2:21.3xx
  • Acura CL 3.2 '01 - 2:28.5xx
  • Acura CL 3.2 '03 - 2:27.7xx
  • Acura RSX - 2:27.1xx
  • Amuse S2000 GT1 '03 - 2:14.1xx
  • Aston Martin DB9 '04 - 2:20.7xx
Day Two Notes - The Razo Silvia definitely feels underpowered, but has an impressive turn-in which made for some amazingly quick cornering. It suffers a little bit from excessive wheelspin in 2nd gear, which surprised me considering the much more powerful HKS didn't suffer from this. Both of the Nismo Fairladys had some understeer problems, and despite trying to overcome this with a healthy stamp of power, I was unable to produce times I was really happy with. Another tuning revisit for this pair!
The Xsara was impressively good, as always, but it really does need a little bit more power to compliment its unbelievably good handling. The Corolla felt like it was on rails, and I really felt at ease with literally throwing it at corners to see what would happen. The time it posted can easily be improved upon!
The two Acura CL's also impressed, although they did feel a little like the suspension had been replaced with a damp sponge. This didn't seem to matter over their timed runs, as it made soaking up the bumps all the more easy. The RSX also impressed, raced against the ghost run of the Xsara for comparison, and the RSX definitely has the pure acceleration to keep it in touch, only losing it due to lack of a full aerodynamics package. If this was implemented then the RSX would possibly be the FF car to beat.
A hate figure for some, but the Amuse S2000 really shone through here. Crisp steering response and a willingness to be absolutely thrashed, the time it ran really reflects that this car means business, and has pretension of being a real racing car. Remember though, that this is not the Premium (Turbo) model, which is even faster than this!
My favourite of the day though is the big old Aston. A respectable time, a nice exhaust note and some happy sliding made this car almost impossible to put away. After the initial 3 lap timed test, I stayed out for some funtimes in the smoke. Next thing I knew, 40 minutes had passed by!

Day Three of the retests,,,

• Aston Martin V8 Vantage - 2:21.7xx
  • Audi RS6 Avant '02 - 2:22.2xx
  • Ford Focus Rally Car '99 - 2:20.2xx
  • Ford Focus ST170 - 2:28.1xx
  • Ford GT LM Race Car - 2:08.7xx
  • Ford RS200 Raly Car - 2:16.4xx
  • Lancis Delta Integrale Rally Car - 2:25.4xx
Day Three Notes - I wasn't expecting much from the big Aston, but it performed really well, despite the fact that it's still set with high speed run tuning. The cornering was, shall we say, eventful! Keeping it in third gear stemmed the majority of the oversteering and wheelspin, but it still broke loose quite easily. Had some understeer issues with the Audi, but other than that it was completely planted. I found that bringing the rear round with the handbrake made things a little more exciting, and even managed to drift the big barge.
The Focus rally had the same lift-off oversteer into the corners as the Escort does and was an utter joy to drive at the limit. The ST Focus also performed well, having roughly the same power as the mental RS ASBO, but with so much more dignity to its delivery. It still has the powered understeer, but that's really to be expected from an FF platform car.
The GT LM was really a big struggle, but it was just as bad as it was with the SRF on, so really it did quite well. The first two gears are a complete no-go zone if you're in the corners though, as it will spin you round on the spot if you don't catch it early enough.
The RS200 is possibly the most planted rally car I've tested so far, and doesn't actually suffer from the off power oversteer that the others do, so felt rather dull. In fact, the Delta was very similar in that respect too, and definitely felt underpowered.

More tests coming soon,,,

Last edited:
Nissan GTR Concept (Tokyo Motor Show)
NissanGTRConceptTokyoMotorShow2001.jpg

My personal drag destroyer of choice, with a split personality. Not only will it drag an impressive quarter, it won't fall flat on it's back when you ask it to run around the rest of the circuit.​

(Circuit tests not finalised at time of this comment, but will be when this line is not here)

Finished car specs
Max Power - 775 BHP
Weight - 1269 Kg
PP - 619
Mileage of test car - 119.3 miles

The Extras.
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

The Settings.

Transmission* - Pursuit Special 7 speed Gearbox (Most circuits will manage ok with stock transmission though, see comment below)
Set Final drive to 4.864, top speed slider to 168mph

Adjust for each track accordingly using the final drive ratio. (Optimal ratio for most circuits seems to be 3.500)
*The more observant among you will notice that this gearbox is the exact same ratio set as that of the stock gearbox, and you'd be absolutely correct for one very good reason - It's pretty damned good!
For quarter drags I use the stock, lag free, fully automatic gearbox, which is good for around 215mph. Use the fully modified box for longer runs, such as the tunnel or La Sarthe etc.

Differential
9/13
49/54
41/44

Torque Distribution
35/65 (45/55 for drag racing with stock gearbox)

Suspension
-25/-25
14.0/13.0
8/9
6/7
4/3

Camber & Toe
2.0/1.5
0.00/0.00

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4

Tests

image06a.jpg
TBC
image26a.jpg
TBC
image16a.jpg
TBC

SRF Off HSR test - TBC

Tuner's Comments - This is a devastatingly good drag car, especially with the stock gearbox, as there's no lag between gearchanges regardless of when you change gear. You never have to "learn" the gearbox to find the sweet spots of the best change points. I even leave mine set to AT, and regularly beat GTR's etc to about 180mph in the tunnels, where it starts to lose out slightly.
It launches as if it was already running before the line too, and regularly surprises some of the established drag cars. You can even run it with a 50/50 torque split without too much bother, but simultaneous braking and cornering performance are dramatically reduced.
Sadly though, this kind of performance brings out the jealousy, (possibly the wrong word) in people who can't tune a drag car for toffee, so they then pull up next to you in their Veyrons. :ouch:

Where did you get this car? :)

Where did you get this car? :)

Available from the UCD, most people pass it by in favour of the more readily available GTR, but the concept version is still brilliantly good fun, and every bit as fast as most of the production vehicles.

Honda CRZ Touring Car (DLC 1 Edition)
EifelCircuit_1.jpg

Following in the footsteps of the former CRX LM from previous GT volumes, this little hybrid runaround has a superbly aggressive bodykit. The only thing it really lacks is power, but there's certainly enough to make it stand up with similar opposition.​

Finished car specs
Max Power - 337BHP
Weight - 910Kg
PP - 538
Mileage of test car - 252.4 miles

The Extras.
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

The Settings.

Aero - 20/50

Set Final drive to 5.323, top speed slider to 174mph*

Adjust for each track accordingly using the final drive ratio. (Optimal ratio for most circuits seems to be 4.700)

* - This initial final drive setting was tested at the full 337bhp, and may differ if you have less power in the engine.

Differential
(Default values used at time of test)

Suspension
0/0
12.0/6.0
7/6
6/5
3/4

Camber & Toe
2.0/1.0
-0.10/-0.10

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On or Off, adjust for your personal preference.
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4

Tests

image26a.jpg
1:06.3xx
picture.php
1:25.2xx
picture.php
2:20.6xx

Last edited:
Mazda RX7 Touring Car (DLC 1 Edition)
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps.jpg

The screaming banshee gets a huge makeover, and a more powerful heart. I wasn't expecting anything special from this, having failed to make much of a difference with some of the others of its breed, but this one is pretty special!​

Finished car specs
Max Power - 662BHP
Weight - 975Kg
PP - 645
Mileage of test car - 220.5 miles

The Extras.
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

The Settings.

Aero - 35/60

Set Final drive to 5.500, top speed slider to 180mph*

Adjust for each track accordingly using the final drive ratio. (Optimal ratio for most circuits seems to be 4.500)

* - This initial final drive setting was tested at the full 662bhp, and may differ if you have less power in the engine.

Differential
Unavailable at present

Suspension
0/0
13.0/14.5
8/8
9/10
6/7

Camber & Toe
1.5/1.5
-15/+20

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4

Tests

image06a.jpg
6:24.8xx
image26a.jpg
0:57.9xx
picture.php
1:18.9xx

SRF Off HSR test - GOOD - Almost as planted as with it switched on. Has a little bit more 2nd gear full-throttle oversteer, but is predictable enough to control.

Tuner's Comments - Superb handling car, with an exhaust note that really feels alive. I took this car around the Tokyo R246 circuit and managed to post 1:33's, which put it on a similar performance level as GT500 cars. This car really puts a smile on my face, especially around Spa!

6.24? this car is good for a 6.13 with no assist maby not adding the Rigidity Improvement and running the SRF-On, is holding your times. i did run some good laps tho trying your setup and seen great tire wear i would try this setup for a endurance or such.. just my feeback

6.24? this car is good for a 6.13 with no assist maby not adding the Rigidity Improvement and running the SRF-On, is holding your times. i did run some good laps tho trying your setup and seen great tire wear i would try this setup for a endurance or such.. just my feeback

Honestly, the only thing holding that time back is my ability to drive Nurburgring with any level of consistency, hence why I'm no longer using it (as mentioned in a post following the tune you point to.) I only started using it as most people used it as a reference point, so I followed the line, reluctantly. As I've also mentioned elsewhere, the 'Ring is more a test of the driver than the car, so changing to Spa where I have a much better knowledge, and pace, was the most logical conclusion.
I've got no doubt that more proficient 'Ring runners could get substantially better times than I, purely on personal abilities, not that of the car(s).
Please don't take anything I've just said out of context though, or even in any negative or dismissive way, as I really appreciate any feedback that I get.

Last edited:
Hello

Can you update your tunes with the "new" differentials for Mazda RX7 Touring Car and Nissan R35 GTR Touring Car?

Thanks in advance!

Hello

Can you update your tunes with the "new" differentials for Mazda RX7 Touring Car and Nissan R35 GTR Touring Car?

Thanks in advance!

Not quite yet, for two reasons:

1. The original settings are pretty much spot on, and need no further tuning!
(This refers to the pre-fixed setup, where it shows no differential fitted)
2. I'm waiting until I can buy backups of the car before running full tests of this nature. (I know some of you will no doubt be saying "but you have 3 setup pages,,,"
But If I change the car to actually have a diff, it might add a diff to all three, thus I will never get back to the sure-footed no-diff setup. So until PD pull their fingers out of their bums and sort out this badly managed dlc I'm not doing anything with it.)

To be honest though, when I do get the opportunity to test and implement it, they will probably end up being setup using the same differential settings as I've already outlined previously in this thread:

4wd - 9/13 . 49/54 . 41/44

Rwd - 13 / 54 / 44

Fwd - 9 / 49 / 41

Renault Sport Clio Renault Sport 2.0 16v
CircuitodeMadrid-Mini.jpg

The European town car of choice back in it's early years, this little French shopping trolley can keep up with some surprisingly powerful competition thanks to it's brilliant handling.​

Finished car specs
Max Power - 382BHP
Weight - 880Kg
PP - 528
Mileage of test car - 42.1 miles

The Extras.
Purchase everything for this car, EXCEPT the Rigidity Improvement. Wing is optional, but not necessary.
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

The Settings.

Set Final drive to 5.320, top speed slider to 149mph

Adjust for each track accordingly using the final drive ratio. (Optimal ratio for most circuits seems to be 4.000)

Differential
9/49/41

Suspension
-20/-20
14.0/7.0
7/5
6/4
3/3

Camber & Toe
2.0/1.5
-0.15/0.00

Assists (Optional)
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4

Tests

picture.php
2:26.1xx
picture.php
1:07.1xx
picture.php
1:29.3xx

Tuner's Comments
All times tested without any aids except for ABS, and yet the car felt surprisingly planted. Wheelspin was only really a problem in the first two gears, but there wasn't much powered understeer normally associated with a powerful FF car.
The base setup I used for this tune was for a Civic, and this only needed a little bit of tweaking in order to suit the smaller Renault. Infact, this suspension setup is really versatile and can be mounted on numerous other FF layout cars of a similar size.
I certainly wasn't expecting as much as I got back from this car, easily winning races in the Supercar Seasonal events through sheer cornering speed.

Last edited:
Nissan GTR Black Edition 2012 (DLC pack 2)
CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps-1.jpg

The GTR is back, and badder than ever! Possibly worth the DLC price alone, this car has a split personality that may surprise you! A keen circuit runner and an outright speed demon, it's pretty damn good at keeping up with most crowds,,,,,, and surprise a few "skyline haters" in the process.​

Finished car specs
Max Power - 954BHP
Weight - 1403Kg
PP - 649
Mileage of test car - 280.6 miles

The Extras.
Purchase everything for this car, EXCEPT the Rigidity Improvement. (Untested at present, so cannot say if this will have any affect)
Wing is optional, but not necessary.
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

The Settings.

Set Final drive to 5.355, top speed slider to 193mph

Adjust for each track accordingly using the final drive ratio.
  • General circuit racing - Set to 4.000 for most circuits.
  • Speed runs - Set 1st gear to 2.700, final drive to 3.500, 6th to 0.670.
Differential
9/13
49/54
41/44

Torque Distribution (Guidance only, you can use whatever feels comfortable with your preferred circuit driving style)
  • General Circuits - 40/60
  • Speed Runs - 10/90
(Higher values for this on the Speed Run setup will give you bog-down starts, although it picks up quite well after this. 10/90 will give you a strong wheelspin start, so is good for racing. If you're just testing then higher values will be okay)

Suspension (Not completely finished, but a good base)
-20/-20
14.5/16.8
7/8
6/7
3/6

Camber & Toe
2.8/2.4
-0.35/-0.15 (I have tested other settings, but this seems quite well balanced)

Assists (Optional)
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4

Tests

picture.php
2:12.0xx
picture.php
0:58.8xx
picture.php
1:23.3xx
picture.php

Top Speed Runs (Tested online)
Unaided - 251mph
Drafted - 283mph (Hit the redline in top gear drafting a group of Enzos, yet still had more to give!)

Tuner's Comments
All times tested without any aids except for ABS.
The suspension is based very loosely on those used for the TC version, and although I'm not 100% happy, it's a good enough platform to use for most people. The sheer violence this car will deliver through it's tyres will be more than enough to keep the smile on your face, even at the back of the grid! That said, you shouldn't be back there for too long, I've taken this around the Real Circuits Tour seasonal at Monza and managed to grab 1st place. Admittedly I missed the chicane once, and pushed the Jag into the gravel at the final corner, but given the lack of downforce this car performed superbly well.
A word of warning though, make sure you brake early for the corners, as you'll probably be doing 30mph more than you want to be on approach!

I cannot stress this warning enough, don't expect to be able to throw this car into corners at silly speeds and come out the other side looking dignified, or even in the correct direction. This car weighs around the same as Mercedes SL, so expect similar handling, a Caterham this thing is not!

Last edited:
Not a very good setup for the GTR Black Edition. Tested it 10 laps around the Autumn Ring and it was almost 1 second slower than the standard setup. But since there are no more setups available, thanks anyway for sharing...

Last edited:
Feedback noted and appreciated. As I say, still not 100% satisfied with the suspension setup, and will be updating with newer settings when I get things a little more sorted, but it really is an early tune. A concept version, if you like.
Also, check that you have put the correct setup on the car for the purpose you require, if you put the speed run gearbox or torque distribution on don't expect it to work particularly well on a circuit, you'll be lucky to get above 3rd gear on most circuits if you put the wrong setup on! >:0)

Last edited:
I can't seem to achieve the values you list for your transmission...I changed the final gear and the top speed, but still can't get anywhere near your first and second gears

edit: on the GT-R 12'

on that 2001 cl, with keeping the same 1st, 2nd and 6th gear, you should try putting your 3rd gear at 1.332, 4th at 1.073 and 5th at .870. You should have a lot more even shifts and your car should be able to pull it's weight a lot better. Tell me what you think after you try it.

Back