CSO Tuning by Smuttysy - Now closed

• Thread starter Smuttysy
  • 101 comments
How much HP does the full build of the older RS6 produce?
Also what does the completed car weigh and what's its PP?

Stats
760bhp
Weight 1418kg
Full Tune PP 588

(EDIT: All entries now edited to include this data, including the mileage of the cars used in the tests. This may or may not be relevant, but I felt it was worthy of inclusion)

Last edited:
Hi Smuttysy.
Really impressed with you garage set up here and the cars you have chosen to tune.
Only just found your thread so not had a chance to try out any of your tunes. I will be testing a few of them over the weekend.

I love that you have produced a ridiculously high tuned Toyota Supra RZ and painted it gold, reminds me of what the TOP SECRET tuning company in Japan do.
see my thread regarding trying to find the perfect gold for a TOP SECRET copy R34 Skyline.

Anyway there is one thing that you could add to your tune posts.
the stats. as you showed for the RS6 in your post to XDesperado67.
It would be great to have this info in each tune post.
Will post tune reviews next week for you

I love that you have produced a ridiculously high tuned Toyota Supra RZ and painted it gold, reminds me of what the TOP SECRET tuning company in Japan do.

That was the look I was going for 👍

I use Nissan's Gold Metallic from the 280z '78, which so far is the best match I can personally find. Thanks for your suggestion about the stats, I will be amending those into the original posts over the next day or so.

I like the Inca gold or the Olympic Gold.
Although the Inca is slightly too yellow and the olympic is a touch too brown.
haven't found the Gold metallic you have, the version i have is an odd sort of colour

I just wish the Supra RZ was a premium car

I wouldn't go so far as to say it should be a premium, but at least "of a visual definition worthy of being in a PS3 release". But that's a whole different thread right there!

Car data updating right now!

Mazda BP Falken RX7
mazdaRX7BPFalken2003.jpg

I love the way this oldskool RX7 looks, but wasn't completely sold on the way it handled. A few minor tweaks here and there and it now feels ready to hit the circuits.​

The Extras.
Purchase everything for this car, EXCLUDING the Rigidity Improvement.
(Engine rebuild and Rigidity Refresh as required)
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

Finished car specs
Max Power - 515BHP
Weight - 1230Kg
PP - 573
Mileage of test car - 828.3 miles

The Settings.

Aero
20/40

Transmission - Piranha 6 speed Gearbox
Set Final drive to 5.237, top speed slider to 180mph

Adjustments for individual tracks should be made using the final drive ratio.

Differential
13/54/44

Suspension
-47/-47
12.0/12.5
6/6
6/6
3/3

Camber & Toe
2.5/1.0
0.00/0.00

Brake Balance - 7/10 (Adjust for your personal preference though)

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4
Driving Line - On, but only as braking reference points

Tests

image06a.jpg
6:49.3xx
image26a.jpg
1:03.1xx
image16a.jpg
1:24.0xx

SRF Off HSR test - TBC

*All times tested include SRF on and ABS, because I haven't got the talent to carry those times without. This also shows the potential of the car, rather than my abilities. Also, I only have a DS3, so don't have the same level of control as you would have from using a wheel and pedals set.*

Last edited:
Mine's Lancer Evolution 6
MinesLancerEvolution62000.jpg

A rather underpowered offering from a tuning house, it's only mildly above the stock power levels! Well, I think it's geared more towards low PP/HP racing so I decided to give it a go anyway. I was kinda pleased with the results, just really wish it had some real power to complete the package!​

The Extras.
Purchase everything for this car, INCLUDING the Rigidity Improvement and the rear wing.
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

Finished car specs
Max Power - 439BHP
Weight - 1210Kg
PP - 539
Mileage of test car - 96.7 miles

The Settings.

Aero
0/25

Transmission - Predator 5 speed Gearbox
Set Final drive to 5.110, top speed slider to 112mph

Adjustments for individual tracks should be made using the final drive ratio.

Differential
13/54/44
(Despite the 4wd, this only has rear differential adjustments available)

Torque Distribution
20/80

Suspension
-35/-40
17.0/15.0
6/6
6/5
5/4

Camber & Toe
2.5/1.5
0.00/-0.10

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4

Tests

image06a.jpg
7:05.0xx
image26a.jpg
1:07.0xx
image16a.jpg
1:27.9xx

Tuner's Comments - Ok, I have to be brutally honest with this one, I don't really see what merits this car has. It lacks the power to do any real circuit racing damage. It's also not fast enough for drags or top speed runs. The only redeeming feature is it's looks, but that's only down to a bunch of stickers.
Am I missing something, or is this car really as bad as it seems in my head?

SRF Off HSR test - TBC

*All times tested include SRF on and ABS, because I haven't got the talent to carry those times without. This also shows the potential of the car, rather than my abilities. Also, I only have a DS3, so don't have the same level of control as you would have from using a wheel and pedals set.*

Last edited:
I've just done a comparative test using the added rigidity and it doesn't kill the tune, but there's a little more unpredictable oversteer under heavy braking due to the additional stiffness. I also found it less forgiving in some of the more twisty sections, even to the point where I couldn't actually match the time I managed on High Speed Ring when tested without it. The rear kept breaking loose at the S bends, and wasn't in a predictable enough manner to prepare yourself for. Cue random, panicky countersteering.

(This may be less prominent with a wheel & pedals set, but for DS3 use I'd recommend against it.)

Again though, it really does come down to your personal handling preferences. If you like the car to be slightly "on edge" then it could be an option. I would, however, suggest you make a backup of your save file so that you can revert to the car without it, should you find it a little too unstable.

(EDIT: After reverting back to the setup without the increased rigidity I even managed to better my previous HSR time by just under half a second. Now running consistent 1:02.5's, peaked at 1:02.2. The best I got with the rigidity was 1:03.1. For me it works better without)

Thanks . Ive messed up 2 now. lol. first maxed out too much for pp racing i had in mind and the second i did the rigidity first before i got the part in the tune where it said NO RIGIDITY. damb i'm a doof. i'll just have to trade for another.

anywho.... i'm going to try speed ring now to see if i can get some decent times near yours.

thanks man for the time you've spent playing around with it.

FIJI

Last edited:
Hi Smuttysy,
I tested your Ford RS (ASBO).
Now I was interested to see what your tune was like as I have tested this car a lot for a Forum FF hot hatch season. I found the car nearly impossible to to keep control of on any track with corners. My test track for this was Coté d'Azure. So i put your tune on my second car and hit the sunny Monaco track. as I suspected with the full power running through the front wheels it was a pig of a car on this tricky track. I'm using a DS3 so don't have the subtle throttle control of a wheel and peddles.

Your tune does have the car breaking in a straight line and sitting well in the corners if it's not red lining. but as soon as you hit the throttle on a bend the front wheels light up and your heading for the wall.

This is not the fault of your tune, it's the fact there is just too much power going through the front wheels. this amount of torque would be far better suited to a 4WD car. But that's not an option in GT5 so I went about trying to make the car drivable in a different way.

I left it with out a turbo at all. it still has bags of torque and power but doesn't spin the wheels quite so much.
I also opted for a single plate clutch and Sports flywheel, this also reduces the amount to torque hitting the front wheels.
30kg's of weight positioned -20 giving me a weight distribution of 53 front 47 back.
just enough to plant those front wheels a little more but not make it too heavy going into corners.

Around coté D'Azure in my car I managed a 1:30.xxx with your tune I managed a 1:33:xxx

I'll happily share my LSD and suspension settings if your interested.
I've not compared the 2 on a larger track yet.
I'll report once I have.

Volvo S60 T5 Lodjur
VolvoS50T5.jpg

One of the most under-rated FF cars in the game, this car begs you to absolutely thrash it everywhere. It also makes an awesome noise if you add the Sports exhaust, and dip it into the redline!​

The Extras.
Purchase everything for this car, INCLUDING the Rigidity Improvement.
*This tune only uses the Sports Exhaust, rather than the full Titanium Racing one, but it will still work with that added too.
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

Finished car specs
Max Power - 398BHP
Weight - 1261Kg
PP - 506
Mileage of test car - 20,806.7 miles

The Settings.

Transmission - Pirhana 6 Gearbox
Set Final drive to 4.857, top speed slider to 174mph

Adjust for each track accordingly using the final drive ratio. (Optimal ratio for most circuits seems to be 4.000)

Differential
9/49/41

Suspension
-25/-25
13.2/12.4
8/6
6/3
6/3

Camber & Toe
2.1/1.0
0.00/0.00

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4

Tests

image06a.jpg
7:09.4xx
image26a.jpg
1:06.5xx
image16a.jpg
1:27.1xx

Tuner's Comments - Using a manual shift, dipping it into the redline reveals an awesome throaty "warble" exhaust note.

SRF Off HSR test - TBC

Last edited:
Mercedes Benz SL600 Mannbarenschwein (Drag and High Speed Tune)
MercedesSL600.jpg

An extremely heavy, overpowered monster from Germany, this car will take on the best most drag racers will throw at it and spit them clean away. It's only beaten generally by race cars, Enzos and Veyrons. (And most of those will be left behind afterwards once this hits the high end) Beware this monster!!​

The Extras.
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

Finished car specs
Max Power - 1024BHP
Weight - 1529Kg
PP - 625
Mileage of test car - 8792.2 miles

The Settings.

Transmission - Custom Drag Box
Set top speed slider to 273mph, final drive to 2.000

(These are all standard ratios except for 5th, which has been shortened.)

Differential
13/54/44

Suspension (Not critical, as it won't really do corners anyway)
-25/-25
13.8/14.1
6/7
5/6
5/6

Camber & Toe
2.0/1.0
0.00/0.00

Assists (Optional)
SRF - Off
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4

Tests

picture.php
0:38.3xx
picture.php
Sector 3, Standing Start - 0:25.9xx, 234mph
(Mulsanne straight top speed run - 265mph)
picture.php
Sector 3, Standing Start - 0:37.6xx, 251mph

Tuner's Comments - This car will shock you, and pretty much anyone you pull it up against! I've eaten Ford GT's, Ferrari's (except the enzo) and Lamborghini's. It's even better when the noobs start moaning and ask to do La Sarthe instead, as they think they'll get the run on it there. Haha, think again sonny Jim, this barrels along and really starts to stride away once things get to around 230mph. It's also worth mentioning that you should aim for changing gears at between 6500 and 7500rpm, as the torque dies off a little after that point. With this gearing, changing into 5th should be at around 235mph.

SRF Off HSR test - Terrifying, mostly because of the power, but it also doesn't like cornering, too heavy for all that!

NEW DRAFTED TOP SPEED TEST - 346mph

(Speed hit at 3:21)

Last edited:
Renault Avantime
RenaultAvantime.jpg

A strange beast, heavy but planted to the road. Keep it whirring in the power zone and it'll surprise many much better cars.​

The Extras.
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

Finished car specs
Max Power - 351BHP
Weight - 1417Kg
PP - 470
Mileage of test car - 2221.6 miles

The Settings.

Aero - 0/10

Transmission - Pirhana 6 Gearbox
Set Final drive to 5.428, top speed slider to 168mph

Adjust for each track accordingly using the final drive ratio. (Optimal ratio for most circuits seems to be 4.500)

Differential
9/49/41

Suspension
-25/-25
12.0/14.0
7/7
6/7
6/6

Camber & Toe
2.0/2.2
0.00/0.00

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4

Tests

picture.php
7:29.3xx
picture.php
1:10.9xx
picture.php
1:31.3xx

SRF Off HSR test - TBC

Last edited:
Hey smuttysy glad to see you've continued posting tunes.👍👍
I would like to make a couple suggestions though.
First you need to list what tires your using with a tune. I'm guessing Race Soft on all of them but since you don't seem to list them anywhere people can't tell.
Second please learn to drive with SRF off. Yes you'll be slower especially at first but once you get used to not having the crutch your driving and tunes will improve dramatically.
Anyways keep tuning and having fun!:D:gtpflag:

Desperado - Points duly noted, thanks again 👍👍

I tend to use SRF and an AT for testing only, as it provides a better view of the potential of the car, rather than my personal abilities, which I felt was a better way of representing them. That way the benchmark times are slightly more achievable to the majority of users, rather than just the elite. (Over-correcting countersteer, sloppy shifting etc are all in my party bag when not using the "lesser" aids.)

All tunes are produced with Racing Soft tyres, as I can't see the arguments against their use having any validity. (We are after all playing a circuit racing game, not a street legal road racing sim.) But that's another argument for a different thread,,, (tunes now edited to include this info)

I will also be going back over the tunes I've done so far and posting comparative timings with SRF off.

Last edited:
hey man thanks for that BMW gtr that you sent me. It is definetly better and managed to run into the 1:10s at deep forest. previously only managed the 1:11s (sketchy laps with that too).
however i do have another question for you regarding a tune for 550 pp in the gtr.

what would be better for my tune..... its either add 20 bhp via a stage 1 engine upgrade or reduce 110 kg of weight from the car?
I 'm leaning toward the weight off as it would get the cars weight closer to the weight of the tune that i'm taking the suspension setting off (your tune for a maxed out gtr) .

im also think ing i'll try to run it with out a wing for the pp version , mean s i can mod it a bit more?? good idea ?

what do you reckon.
cheers
fiji.

Last edited:
hey man thanks for that BMW gtr that you sent me. It is definetly better and managed to run into the 1:10s at deep forest. previously only managed the 1:11s (sketchy laps with that too).
however i do have another question for you regarding a tune for 550 pp in the gtr.

what would be better for my tune..... its either add 20 bhp via a stage 1 engine upgrade or reduce 110 kg of weight from the car?
I 'm leaning toward the weight off as it would get the cars weight closer to the weight of the tune that i'm taking the suspension setting off (your tune for a maxed out gtr) .

im also think ing i'll try to run it with out a wing for the pp version , mean s i can mod it a bit more?? good idea ?

what do you reckon.
cheers
fiji.

Personally I'd reduce the weight, as adding extra power to a heavier car can sometimes have adverse effects on the handling.
Adding the wing is also a bit of a sketchy issue, I find that it'll unbalance the car on the more bumpy tracks. For example, I have a drag track which has a large crest at the end of the straight. A car without the wing will generally "fly" completely flat over it, whereas with the wing (even at it's lowest setting) it'll flip over backwards as if there's a white rhino in the boot. It'll also unweight the front end during some corners, leading to massive plough-on understeer.
With the BMW it's generally better without it unless you're planning on sticking vast amounts of weight into the front end of the car.
It may be worth testing the balancing act of half additional power and half weight reduction. If you do this, take it over the jump at the Cape Ring, as if the weight distribution is right it should fly flat.

good call bud.. i'll do some testing with what you've told me .. sounds about right though. i'll rid that wing off the car, thanks for the advice.
fiji

Spent about an hour with the C-West S-15 here what came up with:

Im using my DS3 with SRF on, everthing else off ABS on 1 and Racing Hards Im not the best driver but whatever..

Test done at High Speed Ring (Offline)

Stock with oil change (311hp) I went 1.12.840

Fully built with engine overhaul and chassis rebuilt (390hp) at 3327.6 miles I went 1.11.030

And with your tune I went 1.08.926... It knocked down 3.914 off the stock time..

Very soild car would do better on Racing Softs.. Thought I share what I got from it.. Thanks for your tune, will be doing others and posting results here..

Just glad I could help >:0)

(Is it just my imagination, or does that car sound like it's missing a cylinder! lol)

Same Car, Different Name - Tune and Case Study
Monza.jpg

Lexus SC300 vs. Toyota Soarer

I know this may seem like a sort of unfair test, given that one has a bigger engine than the other, but that fact aside this is a study into which car is better. The conclusion is in essence down to you, but here are some of my findings after tuning them to similar levels.​

Toyota Soarer
Finished car specs
Max Power - 633BHP
Weight - 1269Kg
PP - 546
Transmission - 6 Speed Gearbox

Lexus SC300
Finished Car Specs
Max Power - 747BHP
Weight - 1269Kg
PP - 554
Transmission - 5 Speed Gearbox

Already, there are some seemingly obvious advantages to both. The Toyota has a 6 speed gearbox, which should give better acceleration, but that's countered by the Lexus' extra power and torque. Hmmm, let's see the basic tuning for the two then come to some further conclusions,,,

The Extras.
Racing Soft Tyres fitted

The Settings.

Transmission - Pirhana 6 Gearbox (For the Toyota)
Set Final drive to 5.465, top speed slider to 174mph

Adjust for each track accordingly using the final drive ratio. (Ratio used for this test on SSR7 is 3.700)

Transmission - Predator 5 Gearbox (For the Lexus)
Set Final drive to 5.500, top speed slider to 118mph

Final drive set to 2.500

Adjust for each track accordingly using the final drive ratio. (for this test the 5th gear ratio is set to 0.950)

The two gearboxes set above will give a theoretical gearbox top speed of around 274mph on both cars, so this works out quite fair. Even now it seems the Lexus has the upper hand, less gears usually means a higher level of torque delivery. Will this fable become truth? Let's set the rest of the car up first and see,,,

The following settings are used on both cars

Differential
13/54/44

Suspension
-25/-25
15.2/7.2
8/8
8/8
4/4

Camber & Toe
2.0/1.0
0.00/0.00

Assists (Optional)
SRF - On
TCS - Off
ASM - Off
ABS - 1-4

The Final Test
Took both cars out to SSR7 for a top speed and general shakedown run, and was quite surprised. The Toyota, despite the lower power level, will out accelerate the Lexus for a while, but not for long. The superior power of the Lexus comes along with a kick that a football player would be proud of.
The Lexus' gearing of first and second may be a little close, with 2nd essentially being an extension of 1st, but get past that point and it'll fly. That's not to say that the Toyota is a sloth, it'll stay with it's brother quite well until you get past around 175mph, when the Lexus really starts to hit it's stride.

Sector 3 - The Tunnel
Brought both cars out in arcade mode in order to get a replay and make a direct comparison using the Live Timing screen, but that option has disappeared! (Also the reason for copy and pasted photos) Not a happy bunny, PD ruining my experience once again with little annoyances!
So, back into the practice mode.

Lined up each car and started the run. Unsurprisingly the launch isn't particularly good, as the basic tune I've used is for top speed testing, but they still get away cleanly enough. End of sector, here are the two results:

Toyota - 43.795s with a final speed at the sector end of 211mph
Lexus - 42.163s with a final speed at the sector end of 223mph

Top Speed tests - Toyota 218mph, Lexus 230mph

Conclusions
Well, it's a tough call on these two cars, as there are so many similarities to be contemplated. The Toyota may edge it on the tighter circuits due to the more flexible transmission, but the Lexus will reign supreme on more open circuits thanks to its raw power. They both weigh the same, so there's no winner in that area and the looks are identical too.
My personal preference is for the Lexus, it'll surprise some people in races online at SSR7 and High Speed Ring for sure, as it's not one of the usual suspects that are regularly seen in that power category. (GTR's and supercars usually) The acceleration is relentless enough and the handling, even with this most basic of setups, is reasonable enough for most regular circuits.

That said, it's really up to you which you prefer. Keeping both though is my current option, just going to repaint them in some lovely Mercedes candy paints, red and blue!

More comparisons like this to come, including GS300 Vertex vs Aristo 300 Vertex and a number of Infiniti vs Nissan tests amongst others.

Tuner's Block!

Really struggling to make some "new" tunes, as there's a hell of a lot of "transferable" setups.
For example, I had some issues with my Impreza 22b having lots of understeer using someone elses tune for it, so I decided to try something out. I noticed that the Escort Rally Car tune I made had some nicely controllable oversteer on full power, mid corner tendencies so I decided to throw those settings onto the scooby. It worked a treat!
Super grippy at 45/55 torque split, but with manageable drifting, even with a 10/90 split and SRF off. A few tweaks to the gearing to get the Piranha setup and it was superb. Full data set and online vs offline video comparison in this post.

The same can be said for the above tune for the Toyota/Lexus Soarer, which is a modified Supra RZ tune.

It's getting hard to find completely new settings because of all the transferable sets, especially since there's some truly versatile stuff already out there. Here's what I'm currently using as general base setups across my entire collection:

Suspension
Find any car of roughly the same size and weight, but also one which you know the handling is really good with. This portion will be a case of trial and error, but if you know your cars it will be quite easy to pick one.
For example, a Ford Focus ST is roughly the same size as a Dodge SRT4. A Jaguar XKR is around the same as a ,,,, well, you get the idea.

Always use a suspension base that you know has a good setup, that will be easily transferable. Models with especially high spring rates are not so easy to transfer, but experiment with taking, say for example, 5 off the value for both ends of the car. (18.3 becomes 13.3, etc)

Gearboxes

Piranha 6 - for most 6 speed transmission cars. (From Priano's gearbox tune for the Autaobacs Garaiya)
Set final drive to shortest setting (full right) then get 6th gear to a shortest ratio of 0.710 by moving the top speed slider until the base value is around 0.650 or so. Keep adjusting final drive until 0.710 is all the way to the right of 6th gear.

1 - (longest setting available, 2.500 for 4wd drag tunes)
2 - 1.664
3 - 1.280
4 - 1.019
5 - 0.837
6 - 0.710 (can be up to 0.660 for longer drags)
Adjustable final drive for different circuits

Predator 5 - for most 5 speed transmission cars. (From Lion's Den gearbox for the Jaguar XJ220)
Set final drive to shortest setting, then get 5th gear to a shortest value of 1.058.

1 - (Longest setting available)
2 - 2.089
3 - 1.579
4 - 1.268
5 - 1.058
Adjustable final drive for different circuits.

Pursuit Special* - 7 speed gearbox, not always attainable.
Set final drive to shortest setting, then get 7th gear to a shortest value of 0.953.

1 - 3.907
2 - 2.681
3 - 2.029
4 - 1.609
5 - 1.308
6 - 1.104
7 - 0.953
Adjustable final drive for different circuits

* The Pursuit Special is a replication of the fully automatic stock gearbox from the Nissan GTR Concept Tokyo Motor Show version, which is superb. It's not always possible to add this to the cars with 7 speed boxes, but works wonders when you can. Where the exact value is not available I use the closest match. For example, if the shortest value for 5th is 1.298 I'd use that, etc etc.

Differential
I use one setup across all my cars now, as it seems to work well for me. It's based on a Lamborghini tune by Team Shmo.
It's a 4wd setup, so if you're putting it on a rwd car you use the rear values only, fwd use the front only.

Front - 9 / 49 / 41
Rear - 13 / 54 / 44

An example, I used the front values on my 600bhp Dodge SRT4, and dragged it against a guy online who was bragging about how good his Civics were. He offered up the challenge with an arrogance that belied his childlike voice, "Bring out anything you want, fwd rwd, I don't car, I'll p*** all over it!"
Still in first gear, tyres squealing and smoke billowing out from everywhere, I overtook his cleanly launched civic with ease and put some great distance between us. It didn't even trip up during the corners, staying stable and controlled all the way through my Tokyo Apocolypse circuit (See this entry for a video of the circuit)
Sure, that may have been down to superior power too, but the fact that the diff managed this stupid level of power was all the convincing I needed.

So essentially my current tuning is based on swapping in components from other cars. Coming back to my 22b as an example:

Base car - Subaru Impreza 22b Full tune post here.
It's gearbox comes from an Autobacs Garaiya, the differential is lifted straight from a Lamborghini Murcielago, and the suspension is stolen from an Escort Cosworth. (essentially)

It shouldn't work, but it does for me. Please feel free to try this setup, as it would be good to see if you come to the same conclusions as me.

Last edited:
Generic MR Tune
enmr001englishcs0.jpg

As I've mentioned in the last post, transferable setups are taking over my tuning sets right now, so I thought I'd share one which also seems to work well, this time for a great majority of MR cars.
Cars I've used this one for include:
  • Audi R8 LMS (both versions)
  • Ford GT40 Race Car (Original 60's model)
  • Ford GT (all models)
  • Honda NSX (although only as a base, not finalised tune)
  • Lamborghini Countach (both models)
  • Lotus Esprit
  • Porsche Boxter (ok, RUF 3400s)

This really is a subjective thing, what feels right for my particular driving style may not suit you. Always keep a copy of your settings to revert to, just in case you find this doesn't suit you so well.

The Settings.

Aero - (Optional/Variable - dependant on availability and circuit condition)

Transmission - Use transmission from the guide in previous post

Differential - 13/54/44

Suspension
Lowered to the maximum
14.0/15.5 (adjust both values by the same amount to fit the car involved)
6/7
5/6
3/4

Camber & Toe
1.5/1.0
-0.15/0.00

As I've said before, this is really a subjective thing, may not work for every car and may also not suit you personally, but can be a solid "work in progress" platform to fine tune to your personal style.

Aston Martin V8 Vantage.
I have this car tuned and was interested in what you offered. Can you check something for me. You state the ride height -25 -25. I show the lowest you can go is -20 -20. Appreciate your time.

Apologies, it may well be 20/20, might have been a copy & paste error. Set to the lowest anyway, as that's where I generally go for.

Amuse S2000 GT1 04

First let me say great job. I just tried your tune online with no aids and ABS 1. I realize you use SRF, but I prefer no aids. I took your tune to Deep Forest. With my tune i ran
1:10:877 best lap and avg around 1:10:9xx.
I jumped into your tune and had a learning curve to the car balance. The rear end would tend to get lose on corned exit. Once I adjusted my right foot on corner exit I was able to see my times drop to a best . 1:10:275. Over a half second improvement.
Not leaving well enough alone I did some tinkering. First I lowered the rear toe to -05. I was able to run a best of 1:09:997. Not being satisfied, i made only two more adjustments. Raised rear Aero to 43 and raised rear ride height -22. The time dropped to 1:09:545. The rear became more planted on exit speed.
Hope you don't mind me showing changes, but a lot of drivers do not use SRF.
Over all i was able to drop over 1.3 seconds from my best lap time. Look forward to trying more of your tunes.
If you have this car you owe it to yourself to try his tune, you will rewarded with lower lap times. Thanks again.

Must admit, I've been tinkering with a lot of the S2000's and the GT1 was one of the first I retried. Maxed the wings and raised the ride height to -20's, so we're on the same train of thought. I also tried dropping all the toe off the rear, as those tyres tend to flare up anyway so didn't see much harm in changing that. (I also swapped in the diff from the Lambo, as mentioned in one of my posts above)

Like I say, I use SRF just to provide a benchmark of the car, rather than the driver. For general racing I tend to switch it off for the most part, unless the particular car I'm using is really a handfull.

(Edit: Just took the S2000 for another spin offline with the SRF off and couldn't make it break traction by itself. The only thing that unsettled it was the undulations of the circuits, and 2nd gear full throttle cornering after heavy braking. Not sure how well this will transfer to the online physics, but at least offline it works just as well. It's still a good 3 seconds slower on a lap of Trial Mountain for me though)

Last edited:
Back