CSR Elite Beta Testing Poll

• Thread starter sandboxgod
  • 191 comments

Which candidate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Caz, I feel ya. I'm in the same position, my focus here has been almost solely on these wheel and cockpit threads so I don't have a posse to reach out to, LOL. Guess it looks like having your own website seems to pay dividends in this poll too. And I debated on the vote possibilities a lot too. In the end I cast three; Sonac got my vote no matter what due to his excellent prior reviews, and I had seen CrispyChicken's reviews before and really liked them. Finally since others had voted for themselves already after sandbox said it was okay, I felt since I do in fact want to test this wheel, I needed to at least throw one of three in my own circle, just like a candidate for elected office show they believe in their abilities by voting. Caz and several got strong consideration as well from me as well, this is tough to pick! Anyway, no matter how this turns out I think Fanatec and the community will get some excellent info.

@Caz: Enjoy. Seems like i'll have to wait until the CSW is due for testing. So i'll just go and put some more time in racing or something. I'll enjoy to see your rig in the future. :)

@Mikemav: Yeah, it does seem to help a lot. I was thinking of maybe building my own review site. I own two sites already anyways, but both are practically unused at this point in time. Or maybe i'll ask a friend to (help) make me one, since he does it professionally. Besides, if I am going to do more reviews then I might as well put some effort into keeping them orderly and readily available on a site instead of spreading it across multiple forums. ;)
I have about 200+ games in steam alone I could review. So I've got enough to do if I feel bored. lol

The people that do get picked, I hope they do a really indepth report on this wheel being used with FM4 and not test a wheel on the bleedin demo (amf). Would be good if they also get in some good playtime on that game prior to a wheel arriving as really it is THE game this wheel needs serious fundemental testing with.

Like some others here personally I bought a T500RS straight off the bat when it was announced as being THE GT5 wheel. I expect the ELITE to be the same for FM4 and the game is a major reason in getting it. Yes it supports PS3 and PC too but surely if FANATEC have been serious about this product then their collaboration with T10 should have been extensive just as Thrustmaster made GT5 a serious part of their development?

Something we have not heard anything about whatsoever from T10 or Fanatec but maybe more on that is coming in the future? Also it will be the jobs of some of you as the first to report on the matter just how well the CSR ELITE performs over the older Porsche wheels and CSR. If FM4 doesnt shine and shine ever so brightly with the ELITE then its going to be a bit of a let down for me personally.

Last edited:
Will it be a let down in terms of your expectations of the wheel or the game?
I personally am of the opinion that FM4 isn't much better physics wise then the Shift series. Played with midship cars that had really bad understeer, which is really weird for a midship in my opinion. But this is not the Forza thread to i'll refrain from saying more. ;)

Will it be a let down in terms of your expectations of the wheel or the game?
I personally am of the opinion that FM4 isn't much better physics wise then the Shift series. Played with midship cars that had really bad understeer, which is really weird for a midship in my opinion. But this is not the Forza thread to i'll refrain from saying more. ;)

As a personal interest I am for testing this wheel against the CSR and the PWTS to see not only how the "gaming experience" has moved on over FM3 and the aging "PWTS" that produced at the time a new level of experience possible on the X360 platform.

Also to see how Fanatecs new generation of chassis and improved hardware is utilised within the new FM4 game. Ive said this before but if the CSR Elite shows little additional performance or "increased enjoyment" over the original chassis wheels then thats a real concern. Oh yes on PC it may really get to flex its muscles more but the Elite is for the multiplatform console pursuist (as I see it) and it has to set a new and worthwhile benchmark over what is a refined yet 2 year old platform.

The excitiing thing is we know very little yet of the CSR Elites power and its dual motors. Thomas has really kept this under wraps and it will be a key factor in these peoples upcoming reviews.

Im not a physics guy that wants to go into stupid amount of details of game physics Vs reality.
Im a realist that games for the purpose of gaming. Fun and entertainment, challenge yet excitment.
Yes elements of realism and simulation are important too but really come on these are consoles.

Last edited:
....Note: The poll allows multiple votes. Please limit your votes to 3 choices. If you go over we will have to pick going from top to bottom...

Type emphasis in red is my doing.

Are you really going to reject votes with this method ? I hope not and here's why; member "deadcell" voted for everybody so that means Sonac,amf7 and Logiforce (the first 3 on the list) get a vote. Everybody down the line loses out by virtue of their spot on the list. It can happen again and those guys at the bottom lose out again. Maybe someone accidentally votes for 4; bang, top guys make out and lower guys get bupkis.

Here is my solution in one sentence: Any member with more than 3 votes will have ALL their votes rejected.

If someone cannot follow directions they should suffer the penalty. To penalize the integrity of the poll would be a shame. I'm just sayin'...

Scotty

Sandbox and crispy have got my vote.

Crispy I feel deserves it for his dedication to this new line of Fanatec products all along. Your dedication to keeping us all informed has been fantastic all along.

Sandbox got my vote because I feel he has a nice writing style and will be very honest in his comparison. He is one of the members who always stands out with valid useful informatiion to me in my short time being here.

Now to note a couple whom didnt get my vote.
Sonac, your fansite is a wonderful resource, You are the one i am absolutely astonished are not already on the list for beta testing. I know that makes no sense on why i didnt vote for you, but you are a lock IMO and you really should have been picked well before this poll was released.

LogiForce: your writing style is awesome, your dedication and drive seems second to none, the reason I did not choose you this time is mostly based on the fact that you are getting a CSW for beta already and I would like to see someone else get a crack at this one. Dont take that as a jealousy thing, it certainly is not. you deserve it!

AGP: you def tell it like it is, which is an absolute positive, my only concern would be the concentration on primarily oval racing. I dont believe that you would be able to get a full feel of the wheel doing ovals. If you do most of your driving on ovals, i feel it would be hard for you to accurately judge the wheel on road courses, I may be completely off base on that one.

mikemav:Your video series is phenominal, although i prefer a written review with pictures over video reviews. I feel it is much easier to describe in written word.

12thgear: im not really sure why I overlooked you. Primarily i think it was because I chose to only go with 2 votes. You are always very helpful around these parts :)

Redmalloc, nothing in your pitch really stood out to me.

amf: you had your chance with the csr wheel that you managed to get your hands on through ISR. I feel it should be up to someone else to take a crack. I know we went round and round a bit but i assure you this has nothing to do with that.

and the best for last: myself
While it hurts not voting for myself it is just something i do not see as being proper. I feel I was a dark horse from the start knowing I have a very limited test bed to use. I am honored to just be included up here.

I honestly hold 7 of the 9 other contestants in very high regard as memebers of the sim racing hardware community. One of the 2, I just dont see around often and one is working through some credibility issues IMO.

My comments are not meant to hurt anyone of my competition. Please, if anything i have said offended you i ask that you accept my apologies.

Now, off to the workshop to work on the hydr......oops :sly:

Are you really going to reject votes with this method ? I hope not and here's why; member "deadcell" voted for everybody so that means Sonac,amf7 and Logiforce (the first 3 on the list) get a vote. Everybody down the line loses out by virtue of their spot on the list. It can happen again and those guys at the bottom lose out again. Maybe someone accidentally votes for 4; bang, top guys make out and lower guys get bupkis.

Here is my solution in one sentence: Any member with more than 3 votes will have ALL their votes rejected.

If someone cannot follow directions they should suffer the penalty. To penalize the integrity of the poll would be a shame. I'm just sayin'...

Scotty
I was thinking the same thing, good point...

Scotty

I agree, I didn't expect someone to vote for everyone. He essentially made his vote not count

I PM'ed the Jordan, and he has the power to edit a poll. If it is ok with you and them I would like to be added to the OP and the pole. If this is ok with you please send him a message stating as such. Thanks.

Last edited:
Paskowitz, the only problem i have with spaghetti adding you is simply the fact that Thomas asked for a poll of ten, out of which he would take 3. This is exactly what he got.

Absolutely nothing personal. Gotta be quicker on the ball if a beta opportunity for the.csw/css/cshb like this pops up in the future.

On that note I am dying for more info on the shifter and am asking now to be added to that list right now ;)

@Caz: All is good with me here. Don't worry! Besides, I also have stated it myself many times. I was already picked by Thomas himself for the CSW, so I am not too bothered about it. Actually I felt guilty at first being on there since that was the case, but my review of the CSP was so well received that you guys said I had to get on. Hence I didn't pull out before the poll was up.

Anyhow... I am far behind already :P

Edit:

Well, not to sound greedy... but if I can get on the list for the clubsport handbrake and shifter, I would love to contribute again. So Thomas, if you like my work after this test feel free to add me to both or either of those.

On a second note, maybe it is an idea to make a poll when the time comes but then excluding the previous testers who got a go this round to test the new stuff? To keep it fair so others can get a go as well.
Maybe I am thinking far too far ahead now. Oh well...

I know it is nothing personal. I am just trying to give myself the best chance possible. If need be, I can message Thomas, I have his email (or just use the 911 blog).

WOW, who couldn't use an extra inch or two.

Scotty

LOL... that never happened... :)

Edit: I sent Thomas the message.

Last edited:
@ logiforce :tup you seem a good man. I knew you would take it in stride. I just feel so damn bad. The whole lot plus a couple of others are really deserving of a shot. But only in a perfect world would Thomas be able to loan us all a wheel to test.

@ paskowitz: fully understand. Get your name in every chance you can. Good luck! :)

Good luck to those up top.

You guys are keeping me from building. !

Caz
@ logiforce :tup you seem a good man. I knew you would take it in stride. I just feel so damn bad. The whole lot plus a couple of others are really deserving of a shot. But only in a perfect world would Thomas be able to loan us all a wheel to test.

@ paskowitz: fully understand. Get your name in every chance you can. Good luck! :)

Good luck to those up top.

You guys are keeping me from building. !

Sorry Caz, didn't want to keep you from your enjoyable work. :P
I know how you feel though. Hence I tried to pick people to the best of my ability even though I don't know anyone well enough. Besides I doubt our perfect world will match Thomas his, as he still wants to sell his wheels so he can make even better ones for us in the future. Giving them away to all makes things look grim for the future. Lol

I know it is nothing personal. I am just trying to give myself the best chance possible. If need be, I can message Thomas, I have his email (or just use the 911 blog).

LOL... that never happened... :)

Edit: I sent Thomas the message.

Aren't you being childish, Paskowitz?
You've been posting all night long going "pick me, pick me", which you stated you didn't want to sound like. Well, news flash! You do!
Especially involving the Jordan and mailing Thomas personally about this now. Come on...
I don't want to pick a fight, but I would like it if you at least reviewed your actions, is all.
Besides, you could've mailed Thomas directly anyway from the start, knowing the people had already been picked and the poll started. In that case you would've saved face in my opinion.:indiff:

Besides, changing the poll contestants would mean we had to reset the poll entirely. Why, cause the people who voted might want to vote differently and maybe for you instead. And I don't know if Thomas would have the time for that. But then again, I didn't arrange this whole pole so I don't have any knowledge about that.

Yeah it's all come across as pretty lame, kind of like the kid who doesn't get picked to play on the playground so he goes and tells on the teacher. Thomas said 10 members, 10 members were picked, and you were too late man. Even if somehow you were placed in the poll, you probably have no chance of being in the top 3 after this.

I would have no problem to add more people to the poll. Anybody who is enetering late now has less chances already but why not?

It should be also perfectly fine if you convince your friends to vote for you. This is rather normal in democracies. But we should have a look at candidates which have received votes from brand new users which were registered after the poll has started.

But I also have to admit that I broke the rules by myself because I did not read the fantastic summary of sandbox god and placed my vote for all candidates.

Well Paskowitz get Jordan to add you to the poll and I promise to get your information added.

Thanks a lot for the kind words Fanatec 👍

I bow my head to you, Thomas. You are too kind of a man.

Well then Paskowitz, all the best of luck. ;)
Although I stick by what I said, as in... for next time try to rethink your approach. If you win one of the open seats, I hope you enjoy the ride to the fullest.

Let the best people win ^_^

sandboxgod, I personally dont know this guy but it looks like he will do a good job on being a beta tester. I mean even the review on each users was very good. :)

sandboxgod, I personally dont know this guy but it looks like he will do a good job on being a beta tester. I mean even the review on each users was very good. :)

I don't know, it sounds more like he wants to make a commercial then a review to be honest. The way he talks and acts in his sales pitch makes it sound like he wants to become a sales manager at the very least, or at least something in the marketing department. If he wants to do that it's all up to him, but in my opinion (beta) testing and writing a review isn't equal to writing an article that sells a product. Besides like a coffee maker here in the Netherlands used to say (Mr Tiktak)...

Good coffee will sell itself!

I guess I just have very different views about reviewing then most reviewers these days. :indiff:
Maybe that's why reviews are useless for me as well, because they are just sales pitches for a product or a copy-paste and reword of a press release. I miss the days when I saw lots of reviews that were properly honest and said if a product was bad if it was, but also honestly praised it if deserved. Also the most forgotten thing in reviews is that I miss are a lot of "why?" questions to the reviewer himself while writing.

Anyhow... maybe I am just a bit too careful and prejudged because when I hear someone wants to promote a product in their review, I feel that it will already be biased. If you know what I mean?
I am sorry if I offended some people here, which I don't want to do. I hope you can except my thoughts and opinions non the less, and if offended let it go in one ear and directly out of the other.

ps. I will be sure to give my honest opinion, like I did with the CSP, about the Clubsport Wheel. Which I am sure won't let me down from what I have seen in the videos and specifications. Still I am going to test it thoroughly and compare it to the only wheel that comes close, the T500 RS with GT5 and Ferrari F1 rim. I think the "coffee" will be of very good quality, so I am sure it will even sell itself in my critical review. ;)

Last edited:
I don't know, it sounds more like he wants to make a commercial then a review to be honest. The way he talks and acts in his sales pitch makes it sound like he wants to become a sales manager at the very least, or at least something in the marketing department. If he wants to do that it's all up to him, but in my opinion (beta) testing and writing a review isn't equal to writing an article that sells a product. Besides like a coffee maker here in the Netherlands used to say (Mr Tiktak)...

Ouch you got me there. My reasoning was bad.

I should've think more and really know these guys background more
(Since I was picking based on their reputation here in GTPlanet or just in reviews) to see their all-around unbiased opinions, which is more important in this case.

Thanks for clarification LogiForce 👍

Well, I didn't want to straight you out or change your opinion. I just wanted to voice my opinion since you raised the topic is all. ;)

btw, I edited my previous post a bit. Added a bit to the bottom.

Back