CSR Elite Beta Testing Poll

• Thread starter sandboxgod
  • 191 comments

Which candidate

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would have no problem to add more people to the poll. Anybody who is enetering late now has less chances already but why not? ......

I guess because in democracies we have laws that apply to all.:) If the latecomer does manage to make the top 3 it will be the member who comes in fourth who will alone bear the brunt of your largesse. This random act of kindness to one, if he achieves his goal, will victimize one who followed the rules; it won't be theoretical or kind to THAT guy ! 👎

Scotty

I guess because in democracies we have laws that apply to all.:) If the latecomer does manage to make the top 3 it will be the member who comes in fourth who will alone bear the brunt of your largesse. This random act of kindness to one, if he achieves his goal, will victimize one who followed the rules; it won't be theoretical or kind to THAT guy ! 👎

Scotty

Agreed. And he hasn't posted for some time.

Also thanks for the votes guys.

My flights delayed ffs LOL

My flights delayed ffs LOL

Grab a coffee, I know thats what Id do.

I think allowing somone else to come in late is unfair to those that already have started.
Do that then when the next one comes wanting in are they going to be allowed or disallowed?

Point is someone on thesse forums could never hang around these parts have little knowledge or background to do a good report yet oh if he has loads of friends on GTP could actually get even top votes.

I would say to voters, vote for people that can bring a report that is from actual 1:1 comparison to other wheels. Particulary "Porsche" "T500RS" "CSR". It is in the interest in the forums to get as many peoples reports on how this new wheel chassis performs in relation to those and can be tested on several platforms.

Its not a popularity contest but should be done and votes placed to those who think deserve or will, and can because of their own resources do the best job.

Last edited:
Grab a coffee, I know thats what Id do.

You would Latte LOL :#D

The good news is I am now in an airport lounge for free with unlimited drink and food so I'm happy :sly:

I would say to voters, vote for people that can bring a report that is from actual 1:1 comparison to other wheels. Particulary "Porsche" "T500RS" "CSR". It is in the interest in the forums to get as many peoples reports on how this new wheel chasis performs in relation to those.

Agreed... I will still have the CSR possibly so I can compare to that 100%. But this is in another league to the CSR and porsche wheels in terms of specs...

Oh nice, dont forget a nice cookie though, mmmm.
Where you flying to?

Lanzarote...

And I'm on my 2nd breakfast LOL much cheaper than plane food 👍

Edit: flying at 11:55 now... waiting for a new gate number pfff...

EDIT: 2 CYA GUYS... Will try and check on the 27th at 8 to see the results. Whoever gets in the top 3 deserves it and know one here will be bitter. Vote honestly and see you all soon.

BYE!!

Last edited:
Agreed... I will still have the CSR possibly so I can compare to that 100%. But this is in another league to the CSR and porsche wheels in terms of specs...

Yeah I will never understand the situation of a guy starting his own review website for wheels but the first one he gets he doesnt keep and is returning.

Surely the right thing to do is build your own arsenal of wheels for future reviews or comparisons? Your reviews will not be taken as serious if your going to try and base future reviews from "memory". Get with the programme if your wanting to be seen as serious then get serious...

Enjoy your hols and see the above as advice not criticisim.

Just got back from the dentist who filled me up a bit again... my teeth! The other stuff he can do with his misses. lol

For those who didn't know my wheels owned are from old to new (of which some I don't even consider comparing but... whatever):
Logitech Formula Force GP
Logitech G25
Thrustmaster T500 RS
Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel

I just got back from shopping for forza 4 and they had that wheel for a few bucks in a discount. So I got me one to review for the heck of it. :P
Also I bought a TV stand with the long legs so I can finally use my kinect properly. I want to try that headtracking as well. I might write a Forza review if I feel like it. I didn't sleep today as I was busy typing here and somewhere else, and then the dentist called if I could come since there was an open spot. -_-'

Anyhow... I also wrote a piece to Thrustmaster on Facebook. I will post it into the TH8 RS thread, since it is more appropriate there.

Update: The first fish (TH8 RS shifters) have arrived it seems. Go check the thread about the shifter if interested. I only didn't get one yet, but am comforted to know that they are being delivered... although with delay.

Last edited:
Hah, i'll be in Hamburg before he is, since it's only a 3 hour driver. Which is where Thomas has all the goodies stored. ghehe :P

ps. Working on a review of the wireless xbox wheel thingy as we speak, just to give you guys an example of a short review. Of course having a month the time to tinker with the CSW, it'll be better since it deserves it but most of all... it's got more features to review.

To logiforce and scoddee, I am sorry that my actions have upset you. I am the type of guy that does not like to upset people... however, I have also learned that you rarely get anything in life without trying a little harder than you initially think you should.

As a result, I will not solicit any votes. I want to (try to) win fair and square. At this point you would have to be crazy to vote for me but that is ok. I just hope that if someone does vote it is on merit and nothing else.

sandboxgod, I messaged Jordan. When he replies, you can add my post on the first page to the OP. Sorry for the trouble...

EDIT: Lastly a big thank you to Sandboxgod, Thomas and Jordan for your generosity.

Last edited:
Trying harder isn't bad. I was upset about the way you went about it. Next time try to be more tactful. Now it seemed like you were in panic mode. lol

Anyway, all is good here as I can't hold grudges anyway. ;)
I still think that selling a product differs from a review though.

I agree, I could have been more tactful. Also, my first two bullets were misconstrued. All I meant was, I would try to keep the way other people may perceive the CSRE in mind, not just my own personal opinion.

This is the difficulty with the internet. Intent is almost never clear.

Well, looks like somebody voted for me. :lol: I like seeing those numbers, yes I do! Problem is I don't have anyone else to vote for me. :scared:

Now it's up for the community. Excuse me while I look for votes inside sofa pillow.

I agree, I could have been more tactful. Also, my first two bullets were misconstrued. All I meant was, I would try to keep the way other people may perceive the CSRE in mind, not just my own personal opinion.

This is the difficulty with the internet. Intent is almost never clear.

Hence one needs to reconsider what one wants to say hundreds of times before hitting the "post" button. I learned that the hard as well, and I still make mistakes so now and again as well.

Ah well... got me some product shots of the Kinect TV stand (with vesa connections), the new MS wheel and a couple of box shots of FM4. Now to get it all hooked up and working, and give my battery pack a bit of juice (both of them) since I didn't put them on the charger before hand and haven't used the camera for a year almost. Yikes! :S

Camera used: Nikon D90 with Nikkor 18-105mm F/3.5-5.6G ED VR lens.

Alright... now to get it all hooked up and see how it all works. :P

ps. I am not a pro photographer nor is it a real hobby of mine. I just love good equipment/technology. lol

What happens if the competition ends in a tie between two top 3 members? Will both get the wheel to test?

To be clear, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/member.php?u=198671 - AMS97F1 vote will not be counted because he just registered on Oct 24th. However, amf7 has plenty of votes so far even w/o his vote and we discussed this matter via private message already. Thanks everyone for understanding we have to enforce this requirement.

* Also if you vote over 3 times then your vote cannot be counted either.

I'll make sure to update the original post to make sure this is clear. I want for this to be a community poll so GT Planet can vote for their most eligible testers

crispychicken49
What happens if the competition ends in a tie between two top 3 members? Will both get the wheel to test?

Then you and i get all 3 :)

Valid question, possibly a shootout poll with a newly written mini review of an existing product.
Or a vote by the remaining 8 of us plus thomas for the odd number.

Edit
sandboxgod
AMS97F1 vote will not be counted because he just registered on Oct 24th. However, amf7 has plenty of votes so far even w/o his vote and we discussed this matter via private message already. Thanks everyone for understanding we have to enforce this requirement.

o

I am not accusing, just curious here.
Was it found that he was cheating with that account? If it is a case of him creating that account then i believe the rest of us ( well you guys up there) should be made aware of that.

Again. Not accusing you of actually doing this yourself amf. Please dont take it that way.

Now it's up for the community. Excuse me while I look for votes inside sofa pillow.

HA, I feel ya Crispy! Politics is tough stuff- wish I knew more people who are members here, lol. So far it looks like the vote I cast your way has put you one ahead of me, oh well. You did some nice vids and that got one of my votes, so I'm sure we'll be in good hands should you get a wheel.

So here's an idea- everyone who has not voted, if you like my previous vids and throw a vote my way, how about if I plan on two improvements from before? One, I have a tripod now, so no more wobble cam, yay!

Two, I think maybe I should look for the East Coast USA version of Jessica on ISR to assist with the presentation visuals. (....as I head off to the local colleges with a "Wheels Gone Wild" tee shirt and pro-sumer camcorder in hand, lol! Gee, I have a single friend who is quite the playa- I'm sure has many candidates in his little black book!)

But seriously, I wanted to clarify that should I somehow make a comeback and inch up to the top 3, I plan to also get a T500RS to try against it along with the other wheels I have access to (M$ wheel, older Logitech 360 wheel, and Fanatec GT2.) I plan to test in GT5 w/ new DLC, FM4, and on the PC: F12011, C.A.R.S. alpha, rFactor, Shift 2, Dirt 3, and NKPro. I also want to do a written review with lots of pics and not just video, as I think video should just be part of the story...

Oh, and if East Coast Jessica isn't your speed, I may (seriously) ask an acquaintance of mine who is a pro racer in the GRAND-AM Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge who lives nearby to come over and share his thoughts vs. the real deal. You may also recognize him from appearing on Rookies to Racers on Discovery channel in the USA last year...

Anyway, best of luck to all and great to see such a good response from the community. We're all winners for it.

Caz
Then you and i get all 3 :)

Valid question, possibly a shootout poll with a newly written mini review of an existing product.
Or a vote by the remaining 8 of us plus thomas for the odd number.

Edit

I am not accusing, just curious here.
Was it found that he was cheating with that account? If it is a case of him creating that account then i believe the rest of us ( well you guys up there) should be made aware of that.

Again. Not accusing you of actually doing this yourself amf. Please dont take it that way.

Amf7 pm'ed and explained that was most likely a good friend from the codemaster's forums. I sometimes visit that site as well and have seen amf7 post there in the f1 2011 forum so his explanation is very logical and plausible.

I see I'm getting few votes here. Perhaps if Mikemav and I offer beta test a wheel as a team and combine our votes... we still won't be in the running.

Well, er, um, I also promise lower taxes!

Lets lighten up a little...

I bet this wheel is a bit of a goer, ehh!!
Know what I mean, nudge nudge, say no more, say no more.

Thomas is your wheel interested in photography, lol....

Crispy, your dam close with the vote getting thrown out by AMs97F1 you are only one vote out.

Good luck!

Lmao, Latte. I could continue with those insinuations...

So to the lucky fella who gets a date with the beautiful red dress. What are you going to do with er, eh? Oh...! I know what you're thinking, I know it! I bet you're going to take her out for a walk first, then when the time is right... BAM! You take a good look when she doesn't notice, right right? You know what I am getting at? *nudge nudge* *wink wink*
Then you'll sweet talking her about how gorgueas she looks, right right? I bet you will... *wink wink*
Of course you're the kind of man that never talks purely about how a lady looks to you on the outside, you'll also talk about her character to her. You know! Right? *nudge*
Oh? You don't? I bet you're just pretending, eh? Yeah that's right, I thought you would. You want to take a good look in between... right... eh? *nudge nudge* *wink wink*

(now someone else may continue this for the sake of laughs if they wish... :P )

I see I'm getting few votes here. Perhaps if Mikemav and I offer beta test a wheel as a team and combine our votes... we still won't be in the running.

Well, er, um, I also promise lower taxes!

I'd probably be up for sharing, we do live nearby, lol! But if "we" decide to buy it, I'll call dibs on the weekends, ha...

mikemav
I'd probably be up for sharing, we do live nearby, lol! But if "we" decide to buy it, I'll call dibs on the weekends, ha...

It's a long shot anyway, but I'd let you exercise the option. I already won a GT2 in a contest and due to some generosity on Thomas' part. I don't need to be greedy.

I tell ya the internet cafe's in Lanzarote might be getting thrashed in the next day or so. :)
This is really going to be so close come the end for that final spot...

No. 49 is flat out....
Like really who doesnt like chicken, mmmm, mmmmm..

Latest Posts

Back