CSR Racing 2

• Thread starter TB
  • 155 comments

TB

Space Lord
United States
NoDak
Cy-Fi
CSR2 is a drag racing game featuring manufacturers like Ferrari, McLaren, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Pagani and Koenigsegg. You can upgrade and customize your vehicles all in an effort to shave those precious hundredths of a second off of your time.

A few GTPlanet members (and my 2 sons) are playing CSR2 but we need more members to join the crew. If you're interested, download CSR2 from your app store and search crews for "GTPlanet".

I wish there would've been a GTPlanet crew earlier before I lost interest in the game entirely! :lol:

After you're done with the career mode there's...basically nothing interesting for you to do and no way to earn money at a pace that won't drive you mad. My suggestion is that you always go for the boss car but in order to win you'll have to have a car good enough to beat the tiers ladder before you race the boss. Bosses' cars not only have unique bodywork and paintjob, they're impossible to get otherwise, have all Tier 6 parts and are a great start for the next tier, that way you can rack up cash for upgrades and once the time comes to use a better car for the tier (IMO, you can't beat a tier with the car won from the previous tiers' bosses. I missed on both the RocketBunny-kitted GT86 and the Merc, won the Mustang which helped A LOT, won the Jaguar which was a hunk of 🤬 (but a very pretty one!) and missed on the Agera R :ouch:, and that's when I called it quits!

Also, tuning helps A LOT! It's just a matter of playing with each setting until you get the maximum evo points possible for it and "dyno tune" to make sure. All in all, it was fun for a while but there's nothing really interesting or unique going on for it. It even can be considered a step backwards considering how limited is access to cars (only 3-4 cars per tier can be bought with coins, the rest, you guessed it, gold...or worse, the magical "premium box" mechanic). The storyline is even worse, if that was possible at all, and more cringe-worthy!

If you asked me for THE BEST car-themed games for mobile I'd say they are Drift Girls (though I wouldn't get it for your sons! :lol:) and Motorsports Manager.

Last edited:
I just requested to join the GTPlanet crew 👍

EDIT: When do you unlock the rare imports and customization areas? I can't access them at all and there's nothing to tell me how to unlock them.

Last edited:
Well, I have recently downloaded CSR 2, probably for the kicks, probably because I did play the previous game and enjoyed it rather well. I was part of another crew, but seeing that GTP has its own, I left that one and sent a request to join GTP's finest. My CSR name is my GTP name, so you won't have to play a difficult guessing game for that one. :sly:

My car collection isn't that large either, just a nice two-tone black/baby blue Toyota GT86.

I have this as a watched thread but I haven't been getting alerts so sorry for the delayed response.
I just requested to join the GTPlanet crew 👍
Obviously, you've been added so welcome. :)
EDIT: When do you unlock the rare imports and customization areas? I can't access them at all and there's nothing to tell me how to unlock them.
I think it happens after you've played for a bit.
My CSR name is my GTP name, so you won't have to play a difficult guessing game for that one. :sly:
Added. 👍

Does anyone have any idea how pimped your car needs to be to win the first boss battle? For absolutely no reason, I want to win his ride but don't want to attempt it unless I know I can win. So there I sit one race away from going to Tier 2...

TB
Does anyone have any idea how pimped your car needs to be to win the first boss battle? For absolutely no reason, I want to win his ride but don't want to attempt it unless I know I can win. So there I sit one race away from going to Tier 2...
I fully upgraded my Abarth 500 and won his car easily. Since you have a different car than I do (you have the FRS according to your info when I visit the crew menu) , strategies might be different, but I'd guess all upgrades would be an easy win. Not too sure about fusion parts needed, though.

I fully upgraded my Abarth 500 and won his car easily. Since you have a different car than I do (you have the FRS according to your info when I visit the crew menu) , strategies might be different, but I'd guess all upgrades would be an easy win. Not too sure about fusion parts needed, though.
I have the FRS fully upgraded with, I believe, a body fusion but the traction on that thing is miserable.

I have a 500 in my garage and $400k in the bank with some fusion parts. I'll get it upgraded and move up to T2. 👍

Hey cool we have a group! I'll send a request ASAP!
My favourite iPhone game, almost finished the tiers with all boss cars. Only thing I dislike is the wait time for upgrades but that's to be expected for a free game (also getting the same car 4 times in the crates *looks at my multiple Toyota 86s*)

@TB To get boss cars just max your current one out as much as you can and tune it so you have the most tuning points (then again my T3 corvette wasn't fully tuned yet somehow i managed ~400 tuning points and beat boss car by a second). Tuning points are crucial for beating bosses, I do believe the boss cars have the same amount of points as a maxed out Tier car (without Stage 6 parts) so tuning is really important on getting an edge since the boss cars don't have it. I've gotten 4 out of 5 atm and they're all relatively easy to beat when you do this. The most difficult being the T4 Boss car since his has a slow start but accelerates blisteringly quick and catches up by the end, only beat him by a couple tenths of a second.

Stage 6 parts also help alot so plan future cars on which stage 6 parts you have ^^ My T5 is a Ferrari F12 with 4 stage 6 parts ready to go!

If you guys want help or just my opinion on cars to use to beat bosses, for my cars I used

T1 Toyota 86 (maxed)
T2 Ford Focus RS (maxed)
T3 Chevrolet Corvette C7 (not maxed but 400+ tuning points so maxing would be OP AF)
T4 Audi R8 (maxed, has a quick start but lacks high end speed so nailing the start is crucial, I also had 3 S6 parts)
T5 Ferrari F12 (not beaten yet but hoping to max out with S6 parts with easy win)

Last edited:
Holy crap 652 MB :eek:

If I get around a wifi router I may download this game. I don't want to waste a fair amount of my data plan on one download 👍

The Rocket Bunny is mine and I likely could have done it with the FRS and saved myself $100k. Oh, well. :)

TB
The Rocket Bunny is mine and I likely could have done it with the FRS and saved myself $100k. Oh, well. :)
Congrats! I hate making mundane payments too, i bought a subaru wrx for my tier 2 car once then won a superior (point wise) ford focus rs straight after in the bronze key crate. Thanks CSR..

My 6.5mill collection of cars, as well as boss cars (some of the cars such as t3 boss car and my corvette have negative or low tuning points since t4 onwards are 1/2 mile races and therefore tuning points become based on that)
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png
image.png

My T3 Corvette with actually 700+ TUNING POINTS! You can see the effect when online racing against someone with a similar ~492 performance car:
image.png

And then theres this funny moment when i made the slowest car in the game:
image.png

-3229300 tuning points pls
image.png

Last edited:
TB
Added. 👍

Thank you. 👍
Hopefully my (very) small car collection won't look too out of place amidst the more experienced drivers in the club... :lol:

TB

Well my current GT86 build was good enough to beat him once (it's mostly Levels 3 to 4 upgrades on it as it is with a couple of fusion parts on the Intake, Tires and Transmission), but I have yet to try beating him again two more times.
Funny enough, I think traction is the least of my concerns; the car doesn't have enough top end grunt. Accel is fine enough to get a good start, but then the car runs out of steam near the end and loses speed. On 1/4 mile races, it's not usually a problem, but 1/2 mile races are a whole different story...

Does anyone have tips regarding this?

Funny enough, I think traction is the least of my concerns; the car doesn't have enough top end grunt. Accel is fine enough to get a good start, but then the car runs out of steam near the end and loses speed. On 1/4 mile races, it's not usually a problem, but 1/2 mile races are a whole different story...

Does anyone have tips regarding this?
the tires tuning is a massive thing, you risk grip for top end speed or vice versa. that's probably your main issue. the other would be tranny, but I haven't experienced much problems with it unless you're seriously tweaking it. Just focus on those and getting stage 5 upgrades and you should be good. It's also an idea to remember 2 different tunes for your car and interchange them when needed, unless you have 2 of the exact same car which you then just put a 1/4 mile tune on one and 1/2 mile on the other. All races after T3 are half mile (besides daily) so it'll be easier tuning then

P.S. I only realised when i joined GTPlanet group my collection is worth $6.5 million! I've only ever bought 2 cars the rest were from bronze/silver crates! :lol::lol::lol:

Is it possible to delete your save data and start again on this? I messed up and didn't even get to attempt the first boss race and would like to restart and do things properly.

Is it possible to delete your save data and start again on this? I messed up and didn't even get to attempt the first boss race and would like to restart and do things properly.
Not sure if this is the same as the original CSR, but what you used to be able to do was just delete and reinstall the game. It used to automatically start from scratch, and when you log into facebook or gamecenter or google etc, it will prompt you asking if you want to continue using the save they have on the server or continue with the one on your device (that being a new save) just select that and voila! That was on CSR though so im not 100% sure about CSR2

I messed up and didn't even get to attempt the first boss race and would like to restart and do things properly.
If it makes any difference, it turns out that his car is quite slow. To the tune that my half upgraded Focus RS is faster.

Unless you want it just because like I did. Then by all means, uninstall and give it a go again.

TB
If it makes any difference, it turns out that his car is quite slow. To the tune that my half upgraded Focus RS is faster.

Unless you want it just because like I did. Then by all means, uninstall and give it a go again.
Yeah boss car's aren't supposed to be cars you ONLY use, they're just for a quick and early head start into the next tier, so you can save up some more money to buy a better car/find one in crate/upgrade. I think they're only good for the first 2-3 bosses and around 10 Ladder races.

There used to be a certain tune for the rocket bunny however, where if you tuned it absurdly, you'd get a couple hundred +evo points and could actually get up to racing the final boss a second time before actually needing a new car. I think they patched it though but i'm not 100% It's always a good idea just to go nuts with tuning and see what happens (like my corvette's 700+ Evo points)

Yeah boss car's aren't supposed to be cars you ONLY use, they're just for a quick and early head start into the next tier, so you can save up some more money to buy a better car/find one in crate/upgrade.
It's the exact same recipe as the first CSR - a glorified T1 that classified as a T2.
I think they're only good for the first 2-3 bosses and around 10 Ladder races.
That's more or less how far I made it before I ejected to the Focus. 👍

My save file crapped out so it looks like I'm starting over. On the plus side, I know what to expect so I should get back to T2 quickly. Getting the GTR back might take a touch longer, though.

TB
My save file crapped out so it looks like I'm starting over. On the plus side, I know what to expect so I should get back to T2 quickly. Getting the GTR back might take a touch longer, though.
Damn thats unlucky mate :( i guess the whole "game data saved to cloud" didnt help much if at all? Damn... At least you know what to expect in the future then am i right? ^^"

Damn thats unlucky mate :( i guess the whole "game data saved to cloud" didnt help much if at all? Damn... At least you know what to expect in the future then am i right? ^^"
Nope, no option for restoring a cloud backup.

And yes, I know exactly what I need to do to burn through T1.

Annoyingly, though, I just fired it up a few minutes ago and it looks to have reset yet again. Going through those first few races is really getting old. :irked:

TB
Nope, no option for restoring a cloud backup.

And yes, I know exactly what I need to do to burn through T1.

Annoyingly, though, I just fired it up a few minutes ago and it looks to have reset yet again. Going through those first few races is really getting old. :irked:
And i hate being forced to race, and then lose against the first boss, i mean why would you even do that to me game?!
But seriously that sucks, gonna have to tank the game then.. Good thing that in theory you can have unlimited fuel as long as you keep watching those ads when she asks.
Hope you get back on track soon 👍

EDIT: wait it reset again!? Thats really weird :S i havent experienced a reset at all, let alone 2 in the one week..

Last edited:
gonna have to tank the game then..
Uninstalling and reinstalled. 👍
wait it reset again!? Thats really weird :S i havent experienced a reset at all, let alone 2 in the one week..
It did but after the un/reinstall, starting it back up gave me the option of loading a save from the cloud. Unfortunately it wasn't the old old one but at least I didn't have to start from scratch again.

TB
Uninstalling and reinstalled. 👍

It did but after the un/reinstall, starting it back up gave me the option of loading a save from the cloud. Unfortunately it wasn't the old old one but at least I didn't have to start from scratch again.
Ah thats good then! Better than nothing, and definitely better than having to start from scratch!

Update on mine, I'm on a roll with these cars in bronze crates, gotten quite a few in the past week. Despite the fact 75% of them are T1, they're almost always ones I don't have! I did also get a 570S from one, which is nice.
I then got an Aventador from a silver crate, really wish I got that sooner, but then again I kinda always wanted the F12.

Garage worth now 10mill+

It turns out I got a Focus in a crate after leaving the game for a few days without playing it so I'm back on track for tier 2 now :)

Also worth noting is that the game will try and entice you back with free gifts of credits if you don't play it for a few days. It's only about £4,000 a time but it's fairly useful near the start of the game if you don't have time to do more than 2 races on a certain day. Instead of doing those 2 just leave the app closed.

So with the new events giving Silver Keys every now and then, I've been busy unlocking crates. Now, i seem to be noticing a slight trend in my rewards...
image.png

I'm not sure if its just me..

I mean i don't mind the T5 cars, they boost my garage worth but a bit of variety never killed anyone did it?

Also loving the Fiesta fiesta.. :irked::lol:

It's not being the most cooperative with me right now, but I've still yet to get a crate car anyway. I'm guessing the bronze crates giving one would be a miracle.

Back