Current PSN outage: Don't abuse or we lose this thread.

• Thread starter BWX
  • 2,574 comments
So when Playstation Store is finally updated by the 3rd we will be able to get our free games,correct?

Also we are supposed to get Playstation Plus for what,30 days?If this is the case i already see 3 more free games we can get with just
Playstation Plus.i seen Sonic the Hedgehog 2,Oddworld and Comet Crash as being free with Playstaton Plus.

How does that exactly work for Playstation Plus members.When the game becomes free do you get to keep it or is like a trial thing until the date expires on it being free?I'm just curious as i've never delt with Playstation Plus before.

So when Playstation Store is finally updated by the 3rd we will be able to get our free games,correct?

Also we are supposed to get Playstation Plus for what,30 days?If this is the case i already see 3 more free games we can get with just
Playstation Plus.i seen Sonic the Hedgehog 2,Oddworld and Comet Crash as being free with Playstaton Plus.

How does that exactly work for Playstation Plus members.When the game becomes free do you get to keep it or is like a trial thing until the date expires on it being free?I'm just curious as i've never delt with Playstation Plus before.

I'm somewhat curious as well. Could one potentially pay for a month of PS+, download a free game, then cancel the subscription?

IIRC Burnout Paradice is free as well..
mmpotroast
Any games you download on PS+ will only last that 30 days unless you resubscribe.

*ahem*
http://uk.playstation.com/welcomeback/
* Access to the free games and exclusive features finishes at the end of the 30-day subscription period. Anything you buy with exclusive discounts, dynamic themes and premium avatars are yours to keep forever.

And your source is?

So you have to stay a Playstation Plus member to keep the stuff(free games i mentioned).

Ok then, i knew there was a catch.Well at least we get 2 free games.👍

Free PS+ items expire when you stop being a Playstation Plus member. I think Daniel's right too, but he seems to think he's contradicting you. You're totally right that the free games expire after 30 days unless you pay Sony for more Playstation Plus.

And to be sure, a hell of a lot of people will decide to keep Playstation Plus. It's very clever, and Sony might make a little money after all. To be honest, I'm glad.

So you have to stay a Playstation Plus member to keep the stuff(free games i mentioned).

Ok then, i knew there was a catch.Well at least we get 2 free games.👍
Yes, it works like PlayStation Plus. Any free PlayStation Plus stuff is only good as long as you are a PlayStation Plus member. Same rules as always.

Any word on if PS3 and PSP owners get both sets of freebies?

I was under the impression that we would all get two free games because of the outage. Now you have to be a ps + member to keep them? If so that is weak! Forget it, I didn't really care for their free games list to begin with. lol

Thanks for your replies.

It depends on how much Playstation Plus is whether i keep it or not.I'll have to look it up when i'm finished with my round of golf(Tiger Woods 2012,not a real round :sly:)

I was under the impression that we would all get two free games because of the outage. Now you have to be a ps + member to keep them? If so that is weak! Forget it, I didn't really care for their free games list to begin with. lol

I think it only implies to the games i mentioned(Sonic the Hedgehog 2,Oddworld and something else i can't remember).

With Playstation Plus it says you can get them free,but as i have gathered,once you lose Playstation Plus you no longer can play the games until you update your membership.

How do you opt in to the Playstation Plus free 30 day thing or has it not arrived yet?

Also how do the games you download under Playstation Plus stop working after you subscription? Do they automatically delete or is it that you just can't launch the game?

Robin.

I think it only implies to the games i mentioned(Sonic the Hedgehog 2,Oddworld and something else i can't remember).

With Playstation Plus it says you can get them free,but as i have gathered,once you lose Playstation Plus you no longer can play the games until you update your membership.

I thought Infamous and LittleBigPlanet were included in the list and that everyone could download them for free and keep them no matter if they were a ps + member or not. Either way it really doesn't matter to me that much because like I said earlier I don't care for their selections but I was going to get Infamous and LBP just because they were free and I have not played them yet. If I have to sign up for ps + just to keep the game, forget it.

I thought Infamous and LittleBigPlanet were included in the list and that everyone could download them for free and keep them no matter if they were a ps + member or not. Either way it really doesn't matter to me that much because like I said earlier I don't care for their selections but I was going to get Infamous and LBP just because they were free and I have not played them yet. If I have to sign up for ps + just to keep the game, forget it.

Sorry i didn't mention this,but the games that i mentioned i seen on the Playstation Store as being advertised as being free if you were a Playstation Plus member.The regular price was like $4.99 or something.I was just asking how the Playstation Plus membership worked with free games.

The games on those lists, LBP,Infamous,Dead Nation etc.,that were the freebies Plystation mentioned we get to keep forever.No need to keep Playstation Plus for those titles.

How do you opt in to the Playstation Plus free 30 day thing or has it not arrived yet?

Also how do the games you download under Playstation Plus stop working after you subscription? Do they automatically delete or is it that you just can't launch the game?

Robin.

They mentioned something about a update that we will get on the 3rd that will enable us to get the 2 free games from those lists and the Playstation Plus activation.

It's pretty stupid for some script kiddies to say they are anonymous, and therefore they know no other script kiddies thought they were anonymous when they hacked the PSN.

Also, be aware that the reason Sony took so damn long to get their network back together is because they didn't just throw a bandaid on. They rebuilt the entire thing, and yeah, it took forever, but they wanted to do their best. I appreciate that.

Was this perfect? Well, of course not. But when someone breaks into my car and steals my stereo, I don't blame Honda for making the car less than impervious to theft. I blame the thief. Sure, I bought the car expecting to be able to use that stereo, and I can't because of the criminal, but it's not fair to blame Honda for the crimes of others.

"It is because Sony went to such an extreme to claim it owns all PS3 consoles"

Don't buy PS3s if you refuse the terms of the contract. If you agree to a contract, have the integrity to stand behind your word as a man.

Sony owns the software on your PS3. The whole point of these awesome consoles is that Sony sinks a bunch of money developing them, and then they get money from all the software that works on them. That's the deal. They need control of your console to make sure pirates can't ruin their investment and business. That doesn't hurt you, because without this protection, you never got the PS3 in the first place.

There's no abuse of the PS3 customers from Sony. Sure, it would be nice if they did a better job updating, but they are in a damned if you do damned if you don't situation there to some extent.

PC gaming is always there for those who disagree with Sony's terms.

So lets get this straight.

We wait until an update today when we can then get the 2 free games and 1 month ps+.

The ps+ means you can get themes and the such for free to keep, however games that you can get for free from ps+ you can't keep after. Or is it that you just can't keep ones you get a discount on.

Hoping for confirmation
Luke

That is not a PSN hack. A Sony movie website has nothing to do with PSN. But spreading false information to get people riled up is much more fun isn't it Alpha?

Has the PSN been hacked again ?
No.

The ps+ means you can get themes and the such for free to keep, however games that you can get for free from ps+ you can't keep after. Or is it that you just can't keep ones you get a discount on.

Hoping for confirmation
Luke
You keep everything that you paid any cash for.

BTW, I am living in Malaysia. I would like to share this info out to all you out there that PSN is not accessible since this morning. 5 hours has past and PSN is still not back up. Whether Sony is/are being hacked, we cant get online. This is the fact.

Let's not play a guessing game and start sharing info.

Thank you in advance

BTW, I am living in Malaysia. I would like to share this info out to all you out there that PSN is not accessible since this morning. 5 hours has past and PSN is still not back up. Whether Sony is/are being hacked, we cant get online. This is the fact.

Let's not play a guessing game and start sharing info.

Thank you in advance

The PSN is not down, I am signed in now and was signed in all night last night.

So now I guess we wait for the 2 free games? Or has someone found it already?
Store is working here.

How widespread is the gran-turismo.com outage? I haven't been able to log on for days to view my profile, yet PSN works fine at home on the PS3, including store.

How widespread is the gran-turismo.com outage? I haven't been able to log on for days to view my profile, yet PSN works fine at home on the PS3, including store.

PS3 uses different logon methods to sign in than any PS website, therefore 1 works the other doesn't.

Latest Posts

Back