Current PSN outage: Don't abuse or we lose this thread.

• Thread starter BWX
  • 2,574 comments
Yea, would be fine if they pimp the whole PSN a bit. :sly:

But your problem seems to be on your side. I had the same problems (disconnections after 0-1min, lagging cars, etc.) & fixed it with the following guide: The ULTIMATE ultimate guide to fixing your NAT

thanks for the guide, not sure if is a problem only related to users though. I find it a bit odd that when I get disconnected from the server, everybody else in the room does as well, obviously isn't only my internet connection causing the problem

Been on GT5 for most of the outage, I done an endurance but now I feel theres nothing left to do in it. Can you retire bobs while their online?

darren200cook
Been on GT5 for most of the outage, I done an endurance but now I feel theres nothing left to do in it. Can you retire bobs while their online?

Sorry 'Cookie', no you can't. I have 6 doing nothing at the moment.

I'm very impatient about Sony getting PSN back. So far I'm doing well with PS2 games, like Ratchet & Clank, or Hitman, or SOCOM (1-3 FTW!!!); anyways I hope they get it back soon.

Good luck, Sony programmers!

BTW, My first reaction to the outage:

"What's this? *15 more attempts* AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!! *Googles code, finds out of the outage* Ahhhh.... D@mn hackers..."

Last edited:
Probably get blasted for this but....
If it meant better servers with more full time staff more security and better features I wouldn't mind paying for the service.

Shoot me.

Probably get blasted for this but....
If it meant better servers with more full time staff more security and better features I wouldn't mind paying for the service.

Shoot me.

I sure will :lol:

Sadly I think Australia will be one of the last to have the PSN up :(

Anyone else noticed that you now get 'Playstation Network is currently undergoing maintenance' when you attempt to sign in.

The 3.55 firmware allowed people to access the rebugged version of PSN AKA the Developer's PSN. This is considered an 'external extrusion.
People in certain circles have known about free access to the PSN since the 3.55 firmware release, they don't know if it was able to be done before 3.55 but the fact remains the exploit was found and has been being used for a while now. Obviously this allowed free downloading of content from the PSN.

There was no extraordinary hack attack, just an exploit found and exploited.

The 3.55 firmware allowed people to access the rebugged version of PSN AKA the Developer's PSN. This is considered an 'external extrusion.
People in certain circles have known about free access to the PSN since the 3.55 firmware release, they don't know if it was able to be done before 3.55 but the fact remains the exploit was found and has been being used for a while now. Obviously this allowed free downloading of content from the PSN.

There was no extraordinary hack attack, just an exploit found and exploited.

External extrusion? Interesting.

Does that me we can have free stuffs?

What do you mean? That we will get free things for the inconvienience.

Maybe there's a possibility everyone will be given a few free days of PS Plus as an apology... or at least the subscribers get the downtime added to their subscribtion. For me though, knowing they are working as hard as they can to fix the outage is good enough.

What do you mean? That we will get free things for the inconvienience.

I think he means to obtain otherwise paid content off the PSN for free using the developers PSN exploit. Although further discussion on that matter will violate the GTPlanet AUP so I suggest someone changes the topic or mentions no further details if you are aware of them.

This statement sounds very contradictive.... :lol:

So... what was it about?

they came out with and update that there is no update lol

they pretty much said they are still working on it but still cant give a time frame on when it will be back up... so nothing has changed

In case no one's seen the actual statement or posted it yet (not sure, not going to go through back-pages):

I know you are waiting for additional information on when PlayStation Network and Qriocity services will be online. Unfortunately, I don’t have an update or timeframe to share at this point in time. As we previously noted, this is a time intensive process and we’re working to get them back online quickly. Will keep you updated with information as it becomes available. We once again thank you for your patience.

From the Playstation EU blog.

Interesting the pronouns "we" changed to "I." They must really be getting frustrated over there :/

It seemed like that blog post was to calm down a lot of the people getting REALLY agitated about a lack of info. Sure it has no info, but the post at least told tge world that they are trying to fix the problem.
Sidenote, add motorstorm apocalypse to the games that still manage to update themselves.

Thing is, we know they're trying to fix the problem, we're not stupid! How about they actualy tell us the cause and a genuine expected time rather than just leading us all on and wondering when it could possibly be?

Thing is, we know they're trying to fix the problem, we're not stupid! How about they actualy tell us the cause and a genuine expected time rather than just leading us all on and wondering when it could possibly be?

Agreed.

I hope it is up by wednesday cause I'll be at a mates, he dosent have PS3 so he wants to see the in's and out's.

Though I would prefer it sooner so I can buy an FGT on GT5 and complete the extreme series, it isn't nesscary.

I don't know about you guys, but considering that they're rebuilding something, I'm willing to wait up to a Month.

yeah new info!!! they have no timeframe for us and its a time extensive project, I just had mine refurbished and expecting to lose my downloaded purchases. My question though is how people are blogging on the psn website when you need to bee logged into your psn account?

Back