Currently on your first time through GT3?

• Thread starter frenzal
  • 218 comments
Okay! 15 months ago I began my first time through GT3. Today I finally finished this long campaign and got my 100%!! :) Surprisingly I didn't feel much joy or pride, but more of relief, as the final race I had for myself was the 78-lap Mistral in the Formula series. Let's just say 78 laps Cote, and the Formula series as a whole, was really too long and too much. :indiff:

Anyway, glad it was over. Next I'll be unwrapping my GT4 sitting on the shelf but only after I take a loooooooong break from any GT driving. 15 months (though on and off) had been long and I should take a break away, devote myself to other things I've put aside because of my GT3 addiction.

I'll still be checking this board often. Keep up the good races and good posts Bulldozer, Duke, Parnelli. Later on I'll probably be seeing you guys on the GT4 board as well.

Congrats on finishing spymaster! :cheers:

What's this nonsense about things outside of GT3? Is that something like that "real life" people keep talking about? I thought that was just a myth. ;)

I'm glad you'll still be checking out the board. We'll see you around.

Congrats on finishing spymaster! :cheers:

What's this nonsense about things outside of GT3? Is that something like that "real life" people keep talking about? I thought that was just a myth. ;)

Bulldozer. My friend. I think it's time you admit the truth to yourself and the fact that (like me) you are a lifelong addict.

It's the first step and you must take it. Say these words: "My name is Bulldozer, and i'm a GT addict". I know it's hard. And i remember my first step cuz it was hard for me, too, but you're among friends here. Together we can help solve our problems.

...yeah right! If gT were a 12-step program, i'd still be on the first step!! :D

You mean, most people don't drive a 2 hour enduro every day? Or twice a day? Or dig through six year old race reports to find out what kind of cars people drove in Rome, or Trial Mountain?

Are you saying it's not normal to obsess over Limited Slip Differentials and how to tweak them in GT3? If I need to figure out what every upgrade part does and their settings, that way I can come up with a lot more excuses when I lose a race.

OK, OK, I know I'm addicted. I just didn't want to admit it 'cause usually people want to "help" you by making you give up your addiction. I want people to help me by telling me how much rumble strips slow me down (so I can decide whether to make a tighter turn and just brush them, or take a wider turn and just drive over them.)

But this shouldn't be about me giving up my GT3 addiction, this should be about breakpoint and feeding his addiction! We need to plot and find a way to drag him back in. Hmm, he likes drifting, and photos, and he recently said he was tempted to do the Miata enduro. Do you think he might like stupid GT3 tricks?

💡 Hey, breakpoint, do you think you could win the Miata Enduro doing a 360° spin every time you leave the pits?

(I know 360's aren't drifting, just thought it'd be a funny stunt.)

The problem with GT3 is that the professional races have too many laps. Every race is like a Mini-Enduro.
That's what's great about it! I don't like all the 3-lappers in GT4. I like a little time to settle into my groove - 15 lappers are great! You get to play with pit strategy, you get to run a car/track combo long enough to settle in. It's easier to run a more marginal car that can chip away at the rabbit, rather than needing enough power to blast through the pack in time to catch him in 3 laps or less.

You mean, most people don't drive a 2 hour enduro every day? Or twice a day? Or dig through six year old race reports to find out what kind of cars people drove in Rome, or Trial Mountain?

Are you saying it's not normal to obsess over Limited Slip Differentials and how to tweak them in GT3? If I need to figure out what every upgrade part does and their settings, that way I can come up with a lot more excuses when I lose a race.

OK, OK, I know I'm addicted. I just didn't want to admit it 'cause usually people want to "help" you by making you give up your addiction. I want people to help me by telling me how much rumble strips slow me down (so I can decide whether to make a tighter turn and just brush them, or take a wider turn and just drive over them.)

But this shouldn't be about me giving up my GT3 addiction, this should be about breakpoint and feeding his addiction! We need to plot and find a way to drag him back in. Hmm, he likes drifting, and photos, and he recently said he was tempted to do the Miata enduro. Do you think he might like stupid GT3 tricks?

💡 Hey, breakpoint, do you think you could win the Miata Enduro doing a 360° spin every time you leave the pits?

(I know 360's aren't drifting, just thought it'd be a funny stunt.)

Ha ha ha you're funny dude! :lol:

That's what's great about it! I don't like all the 3-lappers in GT4.

Me too! Taht's the cool thing--getting into that groove and dealing with a Lotus Elise or NSX that won't back off! :D I'm waiting and waiting for my chance to get to some longer races in gT4. Not that i've been racing much these last couple weeks. But still, it's gonna be awhile till i make 25% and get to do some enduros with my schedule.

Well, on my first attempt at a full completion of GT3. Having had to take an extended break from all GT racing due to a bit of an injury, on returning to racing i find that my young bloke (who has Autistic Spectrum Disorder, he sees things very literally at times) has DELETED a GT3 game save which was sitting at 99% with only TT10 left for full completion. "Well Dad, you hadn't played it in ages so i thought you weren't interested in it anymore".

What could I say other than "That's ok mate, just check with me next time you feel like deleting any game saves". I love the little bloke dearly, and am setting myself to run the licences first, and try and get at least the MX-5 to get me started. :D

From April 28, 2007:
Initially I was repulsed by the TTs. Some how I managed to get myself really hooked on the TTs. I kind of started on them at the same time as the S license since several are practically the same. Some have come easy some have come hard. I'm down to TT#10 and have less than a second to loose off my best time. I can always tell where I could've gone faster. It's just a matter of putting together a lap with a few less flaws.

I've finally come back to this one in the last couple of weeks. I got my Panoz last night. Whoooh Doggie. It was just a matter of putting together a lap with a few less flaws even though the whole lap I was thinking, "I could have been faster there. I could have carried more speed out of that one". I am happy to finally get that one. That Panoz is kind of fun and sounds cool too, I may have to play with it a bit more.

I'm not sure what I worked harder for, TT10 or that first win at Tahiti Maze.

From April 28, 2007:

I've finally come back to this one in the last couple of weeks. I got my Panoz last night. Whoooh Doggie. It was just a matter of putting together a lap with a few less flaws even though the whole lap I was thinking, "I could have been faster there. I could have carried more speed out of that one". I am happy to finally get that one. That Panoz is kind of fun and sounds cool too, I may have to play with it a bit more.

I'm not sure what I worked harder for, TT10 or that first win at Tahiti Maze.

woooh, Tahitie Maze! :scared: That brings back some heavy memories

Back