Custom Tracks in Career Mode (Fixed 1.22)

I have to thank you for this tip also. I just ran a couple GT300 races on Sonoma with all the hills. What a riot! I am going to do the same as @Retro Racer. I cannot wait to try Okayama and Sepang with a full field fo GT300s.

Polyphony: Please leave this alone. It is great!

I tried this out in the Red Bull Standard Championship with my RRVS (alt) track.

I did have to do the Silverstone race as it doesn't load my track for the first race, but after that suspending for each concurrent race with a quit/restart of the game it would load my track, 4x 3 minute easy races only needing to brake for turn 2 and lift a little for turn 6-7 all done. 👍

Very easy Cr. Very funny shenanigans! :D
Great track for the Red Bull Championships.
Was able to make repeatable 2:59's in the Std series no brakes after passing the leader in lap 1 just after the slowest section. Full throttle all the way round just a lift for turn 3.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Quick question. Could you make the smallest possible track and then do the Redbull championship and perhaps make the payout more per hour than the regular Redbull championship?

Essentially inventing the new fastest way to make money in gt6?

Quick question. Could you make the smallest possible track and then do the Redbull championship and perhaps make the payout more per hour than the regular Redbull championship?

Short yes but make sure the track flows in order to make easier to overtake all of the AI.

Solely make it as short as possible is a generally terrible idea, make it hard to get into 1st.

And therein lies a reason why Polyphony may fix this and ruin the fun of running these tracks with a full field of cars.

I made this track specifically for the RB Standard Championship. It's very easy to jump ahead at the hairpins; usually I can get into first place at the first turn. Each race takes about 3 minutes.

nowcontrol's track is more fun than mine though, and just as quick, but I need some more practice.

And therein lies a reason why Polyphony may fix this and ruin the fun of running these tracks with a full field of cars.

Missing the point I feel, they should fix it after they provide a proper Championship Creator.
After all how hard can it be when a bug lets you do it anyway, albeit only on one track.

Missing the point I feel, they should fix it after they provide a proper Championship Creator.
After all how hard can it be when a bug lets you do it anyway, albeit only on one track.

I feel it is overly optimistic to think that Polyphony is going to invest any more time and effort into GT6. I hope I am wrong but with the exception of the Vision cars and the Track Editor there has been nothing significant released for the game in well over a year. I do not expect that they are going to add anything else to it but I am afraid they may remove this unintended "feature" if they feel it can be exploited. Maybe they will not give a crap about it either though. We can hope.

I feel it is overly optimistic to think that Polyphony is going to invest any more time and effort into GT6. I hope I am wrong but with the exception of the Vision cars and the Track Editor there has been nothing significant released for the game in well over a year. I do not expect that they are going to add anything else to it but I am afraid they may remove this unintended "feature" if they feel it can be exploited. Maybe they will not give a crap about it either though. We can hope.

I must admit to sharing your view I gave up on PD doing what their customers want a long while back.
It is however what they should do.

I played the Dream Car Championship and this happened:

I replaced Motegi with Missile Hill

1445634854832718076801.jpg

Yesterday, i tested the track using my R32, then i suspended the Motegi race (Round 1 of Dream Car Championship)

And today (using my XJR-9), Round 1 was suddenly moved to Missile Hill. The original race has 5 Laps, and the distance for 5 Laps of Missile Hill is 30.04 miles!

I must admit to sharing your view I gave up on PD doing what their customers want a long while back.
It is however what they should do.

Whoa m8 no troll or h8 only appreci8 the gr8ness of this glitch
We h8 to br8k it to you m8 but we have a thread for that m8.
Gr8.

I thought that was funny

You might not

I'll go sit over here then.

It'd be really cool to see if anybody can try to get this working for non-championship events.
The likeliness of that happening is probably pretty slim, however.

A few observations.

Rubberbanding AI has never been more obvious than in this situation. I've been using a re-created Red Rock Valley Speedway track and when it's a five lap race by lap three I'm 13 seconds behind but come out a winner. In a two lap race I am taking the lead in the last half of the second lap.

Without the full complement of track decor and buildings you can really see the cars as well. In B-Spec mode I actually watched most of the race rather then setting it up and walking away.

When you go back to test drive and you select an original track and then enter a championship and do the suspense glitch, you get your most recent CM test drive course, not the original track you test drove or the track that the series intended for you to get.

When you go back to test drive and you select an original track and then enter a championship and do the suspense glitch, you get your most recent CM test drive course, not the original track you test drove or the track that the series intended for you to get.
Oh yeah, I tried that too. I was really hoping to see SSR5 in daylight. Oh well.

This has produced some hilarious entertainment by putting all the karts on one of my numerous "Rally/Jumpcross" tracks and choosing Bspec just to watch. The first turn pileups are epic lol

Not going to let a good post go to waste, so:

Having played the game since it came out, I was a bit bored with it and sometime ago I decided to create a new user and start it again. Little did I know the tunes didn't come with the new user, but oh well, I started completely afresh.

In doing so, I've had to do the annoying licenses (most are great, but some are horrible) and the infamous Senna challenges. Also, and equally annoying, are the Red Bull races and championships, especially when I have a DS3 controller.

I have taken a liking to the course maker and was fiddling around with a downloaded track called Formez Les Rangs, by Baka5D, which I had raced a while before. After playing around with it, I decided to get ahead a little further in the game and try out the X2014 Junior races. After the 2nd race I had to get back to work, so I suspended the race, saved and got back to it later.

When I restarted the race, instead of going to Grand Valley East track, the race started in the custom track I played before. I figured it was a bug and decided to start the race. Lo and behold, the race actually took part in the custom track!

Apologies for the crappy video and the shady driving (I wasn't an expert on the X2014 Jr.'s handling) and the rest of the AI were pretty amazed by the track as well. I only put one lap on the video, since it's a fairly long one and the phone camera could only hold for so long before running out of space.

For the following race (which should've been Rome), I tried suspending again and exiting the game. When I logged in again, there it was, the same Formez Les Rangs custom track, counting as Race 4 of the championship. I did it again, and for race 5 I got the one I was supposed to.

I just discovered that this glitch works if you test drive one of your friend's tracks in Community. You don't even have to save the track, just go for a test drive and it will load in when you suspend a championship.

I just discovered that this glitch works if you test drive one of your friend's tracks in Community. You don't even have to save the track, just go for a test drive and it will load in when you suspend a championship.

I'll try that out when I get back and add it to the OP

They like to fix things that don't need fixing as they can't stand the thought of someone doing something that is different (and perhaps adding to the game). If only I could hack the game to open it up completely and use it as I would like.

Games where better when they had to finished before they were released (GT4 etc) rather than the unfinished games we get now.

Back