Cutting corners in Indy

• Thread starter mcDeviLL
  • 473 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just did a test, tried to mow the yard multiple times and each time tried less and less...... red flag each time. So it looks like the problem has been fixed only to leave us with a bigger problem if they don't wipe the board.

Just did a test, tried to mow the yard multiple times and each time tried less and less...... red flag each time. So it looks like the problem has been fixed only to leave us with a bigger problem if they don't wipe the board.
If that is so, I certainly hope that board is wiped nice and clean by tomorrow. Otherwise, they just hosed a lot of clean racers who followed a wait-and-see approach and that's not right at all. 👎

Cheaters are going to cheat. Look at the Cape Ring event. Nearly everyone towards the top cheated, that included many GTP members.

No, it still works, just have to find the right "cheatin" line. For the record, I didn't allow the game to upload the time with a cut. I slammed on the brakes and and crossed the line with a 1:58 something. Slower than my clean time of 1:51.814.

I know who in my region deserves a shot at this, ill be pissed if they don't clear/dq those times. No one up there is worthy. I was 12th in region before I left for work and all these morons took over, I was disgusted by those laps. Even if I don't win, I wish that the top clean drivers are at least given their time to shine. These kids and their lawnmowing really gotta go back to COD or something..

I think what they did was fixed the problem so nobody else would do it, while they figured out what to do with those that have already done it.

I have a bad feeling that nothing will be done about this and the cutting will be allowed. I just need to hear what the ruling is so I can continue to hotlap. Time is ticking and I've been pushed out of the top 16...not a good feeling. I can tell you that if PD doesn't comment on the situation by Thursday then I have to believe the cuts will be allowed and I'll need to bust out the lawnmower. I'm making it to the next round no matter what it takes, as long as it is within PD's rules, or lack thereof.

Yep. I will wait until the last day to do this though to see if anything is done about the cheaters.

I think what they did was fixed the problem so nobody else would do it, while they figured out what to do with those that have already done it.

That would make sense, especially since they can't exactly penalize laps that already exist. They'll have to erase those times if they want to eliminate the cutting entirely. Whether they erase everyone's, kick those who did it, or anything else doesnt really matter to me so long as the cheat times get reset.

i dont care what they do with indy really, i cant even put down a damned lap without it FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!! what do i have to do? :ouch:

i dont care what they do with indy really, i cant even put down a damned lap without it FREEZING!!!!!!!!!!! what do i have to do? :ouch:

Stop using other peoples ghosts worked perfectly for me :/

So can anyone confirm that the cuts now invalidate your lap? Some say its fixed, others say it hasn't. If it HAS been fixed then that is a good sign, because it probably means a leaderboard wipe is next. Or at least the removal of the bogus times.

Anyway, I'm ready to lap Indy now so I hope this thing gets cleared up soon.

So can anyone confirm that the cuts now invalidate your lap? Some say its fixed, others say it hasn't. If it HAS been fixed then that is a good sign, because it probably means a leaderboard wipe is next. Or at least the removal of the bogus times.

FWIW, I have noticed in the past that you can get a flagged time in a certain spot, but if you are much slower through the area (like you spin out, whatever, etc.) it won't flag your time.

Soooo, I don't think it's fixed. I think for the cut to work, you have to go slow enough that it doesn't flag you on the first cut. But then again, the only time I have posted on Indy is a clean lap, so don't quote me on this.

wow, complete bs. Before work this morning i put in good times on both with my transistion to a wheel and was 11th overall and i get back on today and im 35th or something and 15 of those places where the cheaters. Its pointless to continue if you dont make the cut because you didnt cheat to make it in the top 16. A LIST OF PPL WHO CHEATED PER REIGION ON INFY SHOULD BE MADE TO IDENTIFY WHO IS AND HOW MANY PLACES WHERE LOST. The top 5 guys in my southeast region are now like 20th and up. Compete bs

In the West, the people who should be 1-2-3 sit at 13-14-15.

It would be funny if we somehow made it through without cutting, because then we would mop the floor with everyone in round 3. :)

Wasn't bothered to much about cape. The rumble strip/wall mow at full tilt took some serious skill... Pit lane was a bit more questionable ... but at least neither lawn trim shortened the track.

I was beyond shocked when I loaded the top ghost tonight on Indy... All I could do was laugh. Funny that cutting the rumble strips on the two hairpins will red the lap but full on cutting through the infield does not.

For my part I refuse to even consider posting a lap with this regardless of what happens. But I know I will not be in the running for a top 16 in the SE. Really feel for the guys this may put on or off the bubble if they don't opt for the two + seconds this seems to be good for.

Here is hoping Sony or PD sorts this out before the weekend.

In the West, the people who should be 1-2-3 sit at 13-14-15.

It would be funny if we somehow made it through without cutting, because then we would mop the floor with everyone in round 3. :)

:( Now 14-15-16. Eventually we will get phased out unless we stoop to their level.

Just tried to cheat 4 times. first 3 times invalidated.. happy! the 4th... I made it through sans red numbers.. sad...

Just tried to cheat 4 times. first 3 times invalidated.. happy! the 4th... I made it through sans red numbers.. sad...

I thot that the track you are running is on the ps3, so to fix that they would have to put out an update ... right?

I thot that the track you are running is on the ps3, so to fix that they would have to put out an update ... right?

yeah, that's what I expected to be true, but the optimist in me wanted to believe what an earlier post said (that it might have been fixed). It hasn't been fixed.

yeah, that's what I expected to be true, but the optimist in me wanted to believe what an earlier post said (that it might have been fixed). It hasn't been fixed.

What confounds me is why this wasn't fixed BEFORE the competition. Surely someone knew about it. They probably had plenty of other tracks that would not allow cutting. Da!

Given that you can still cut entire lawns on the Nurburgring in the license tests... an issue they've had since GT4, do you think they actually purposely test all of the shortcuts at PD?

Hopefully they will now, but it's doubtful.

My PSN comment now reads: Grass Trimmer Academy.

Seriously though, I hope they either a) review all replays and wipe the times of the offenders or b) wipe the whole board clean, and then inform everyone that further exploitation will be met with disqualification. Of course a) would be better so all the legit times would be preserved, but given the extra manpower required I'm sure it's that much less likely.

It's too bad, but agreed given track data being on disc/install that prepping and releasing a patch for proper lap invalidation zones is all but impossible within a week. Combined with the freezing problems, I've put 2 laps into Indy and none into Toscana. Of course realistically I was just aiming to crack the top 50...

Good luck to the clean drivers, with that caveat that I also understand the predicament that Hunk and other top drivers are in to ensure they get to R3 and beyond where they belong!

Given that you can still cut entire lawns on the Nurburgring in the license tests... an issue they've had since GT4, do you think they actually purposely test all of the shortcuts at PD?

Hopefully they will now, but it's doubtful.

I think the cutting tolerance at the 'Ring is intentional. If they strictly adhered to the 2-wheel rule at the 'Ring, a lot of novice players would never pass those events simply due to the sheer number of potential mistakes. The narrow width of the 'Ring in many places only compounds the problem.

An event like GT Academy, on the other hand, was never intended for novice players. It is completely unacceptable for PD to not search for possible exploits. That's what alpha and beta testing is all about, or so I thought... What the hell were they doing at PD for the 6 years it took to produce this game?

They have changed the track from Indy to another made up track from Eifel and have stated the end date is still Feb. 6th.

GT Academy
GT Academy Round 2-1 Course Change Notice

Last Updated : Feb 02, 2011

We have discovered that in the 2nd round of GT Academy, faster lap times can be achieved by cutting corners on one of the courses - Indianapolis Motor Speedway Road Course.

To be fair to all participants in the competition, we have chosen a different course for Round 2-1. The rankings for Round 2-1 and the Total Rankings have been reset, following this change. The end date of the competition will remain the same (Feb 6).

We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused all of you who are participating in Round 2. We hope you continue to enjoy GT Academy.

GEE, YUH THINK? Maybe test this stuff before going live with it? If you put joe-blow on the track whos never played video games before, theres no doubt he will cut that part of the track. How could NO ONE have thought of this? No mention of the course cutters getting banned though. Lucky for you guys, but we still know who you are : )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back