Cutting corners in Indy

• Thread starter mcDeviLL
  • 473 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
While it may be better to stomach, grass trimming should never be acceptable. Two tires on the road at all times.

I dont understand why out of all the tracks they could have chosen, they pick this one. Oh well, I'm sure the fast guys will still be at the top, which is better than the cheaters leading the way. I just dont have the time to learn two new tracks, especially given the length of Eifel. (not like I was going to get into round 3 either way)

Seriously??!!! Did PD learn nothing from Indy??? They should have given us a city course loaded walls, take away all possibility to cheat. This truly is the Grass Trimming Academy. None of this would be happening in REAL racing. "let me setup for the next corner by putting all 4 in the grass, then cut the inside of the corner with all 4 off"......hello!!!! These things would get you DQ'ed in the real world and would nine times out of ten end with a crash.

This contest could have been great, but it's becoming more and more of a joke.

Why couldn't they just give us a city course? Sheesh.

Agreed.

This is pretty messed up that now we only have 5 days to go and have to learn a track thats almost twice as long.

This is still a good compromise. They had a lot of options and decided this as the best course of action. I have to agree with PD a bit. There is nothing against the rules on using the grass and because of that they didn't DQ the trail blazers. This does suck for the guys that set outstanding laps at Indy, but now everyone is on equal footing once again.

This is still a good compromise. They had a lot of options and decided this as the best course of action. I have to agree with PD a bit. There is nothing against the rules on using the grass and because of that they didn't DQ the trail blazers. This does suck for the guys that set outstanding laps at Indy, but now everyone is on equal footing once again.

In some ways its not equal. I started out on Indy. The first day and a half thats all i did was Indy. Some people probably only worked on Toscana the first 2 days and didnt waste any time at all. The people that only (or mostly) worked on Toscana will have an advantage since none of their work went to waste.

It only takes a few hours to learn each track it's not that big a deal. I'm really freaking happy about the length, it tends to let the fast people stay at the top. Now I just need tp get home!!!!!!

Zr1, I understand, but a good compromise is when all parties are equally disappointed. I liked Indy but I use a different strategy on tracks. I go back and forth during my gaming sessions.

As soon as I saw the corner cutting at Indy, I bailed and started to work on Tuscana.

This is still a good compromise. They had a lot of options and decided this as the best course of action.

I'd like to know who made the decision so I can smack them on the back of the head. Of all the courses they can choose, they make another one up. I'm in total disagreement with whoever is running the show here, and seriously hoping that person is replaced with someone who knows what the hell they're doing next year.

Zr1, I understand, but a good compromise is when all parties are equally disappointed. I liked Indy but I use a different strategy on tracks. I go back and forth during my gaming sessions.

As soon as I saw the corner cutting at Indy, I bailed and started to work on Tuscana.

I did the same. I just wished i started on Toscana first. I could probably have been a few tenths quicker by now then i could leave it be for a couple days while i work on Eifel.

mostly everyone is in the same boat, in racing practices are rained out, schedules are condensed and it benefits while hurting others. Just keep the nose to grindstone and don't let this bump in the road ruin your concentration.

mostly everyone is in the same boat, in racing practices are rained out, schedules are condensed and it benefits while hurting others. Just keep the nose to grindstone and don't let this bump in the road ruin your concentration.

Well said. As for me, I worked pretty much solely on indy with 2 1 hour stints on toscana. Probably going to get into the 44's on toscana then stop doing it entirely. Hopefully that'll be tonight.

Its got to be a john deer....carbon fiber model with aero upgrades

Wish granted ;)
john-deere-chopper-lawn-mower1.jpg

Brilliant news for you guys 👍 Enjoy the rest of the comp! :cheers:

Well done PD and Sony, Lets see this kind of action more often in other events like future TT events also! and you will have nailed it :bowdown:

Top Job :cheers:

Okay, some of this stuff is off-topic, and now that the circuit has been changed from Indy to Eiger, I see little point in leaving this thread open unless someone gives me a very good reason to do just that.

Okay, some of this stuff is off-topic, and now that the circuit has been changed from Indy to Eiger, I see little point in leaving this thread open unless someone gives me a very good reason to do just that.

I don't see a reason. Just a big thanks to PD for doing something about it.
Oh and it's Eiffel not Eiger.

Since the circuit has been changed and the issue resolved, I don't see any reason to keep their thread open any longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back