CyberPunk 2077

Console gamers get one (1) 🤬 port and they act like it's the Gamer Holocaust.
I think people are overreacting too. I've been playing it on and off on my base PS4 since release day, and i'd hardly describe it as 'unplayable'.

I've quite enjoyed playing it so far, and i'm very impressed with the whole look of the game, despite the graphics being nowhere near the quality of that found on next-gen consoles and PC's.
In fairness though, it has been competing with 'Planet Coaster console' for my time spent playing it, so i imagine quite a few here have played a lot more of it than i have yet.

Hearing reports that update v1.05 has dramatically improved visual fidelity on PS4. Cleaner and much less crashing.

Feel bad for those who refunded and can't redownload/rebuy.

Hearing reports that update v1.05 has dramatically improved visual fidelity on PS4. Cleaner and much less crashing.

Yeah, ill take that with a grain of salt. Some people have extremely low standards with these things.

Yeah, ill take that with a grain of salt. Some people have extremely low standards with these things.

Perhaps. However, a lot of people I've seen on a cyberpunk sub-reddit have been saying this. Crashes aren't eradicated but one player who was experiencing crashes every couple hours, has done an 8 hour stretch with no crashes, FPS is still low but the sharpness has improved and texture loading seems more consistent.

Was never gonna be a miracle fix within a week but its good to see its improving even with every hot fix.

Still figuring out photomode and its subtleties. Lots of potential for stunning photos with this.
ac91707b-2547-4d4e-ac1e-c844162fc782.png
3a707cd1-a123-4a3f-ac14-dfbc112b643a.png
MagpieRacer_Cyberpunk2077_20201214_12-17-15.png

Hopefully that’s true. On PS5 visually the HDR is improved and maybe FPS is a bit more stable but not that much better in heavy areas. Otherwise crashes are still as constant as ever. I guess they may scale based on how many hours you put in. First 15 or so I rarely had them, but now with 45+ it happens every hour or so. It still needs a patch or two before being acceptable technically. Just hope next big update fixes the crashes and then FPS drops.

Last edited:
Hopefully that’s true. On PS5 visually the HDR is improved and maybe FPS is a bit more stable but not that much better in heavy areas.

How much improvement is there in the HDR?

I didn't try it yet with the latest update. I turned it off, since it killed the black level.

How much improvement is there in the HDR?

I didn't try it yet with the latest update. I turned it off, since it killed the black level.
It’s still broken, but a bit less so. I’ve been using it since the beginning by changing that one value from 2.0 to 1.4. I know the black levels are messed up, but it still looks better due to highlights HDR provides. I hope they fix it properly at some point.

Same on PC. Mostly positive reviews on Steam (massive number of reviews too, so review bombing is very unlikely) too. And a massive amount of players for a game this type.
Same for me for the Xbox One X. just about 40 hours in, and the worst issue is crashing. The game is more than playable, and I too am having a great time with it.

I had a funny bug playing earlier, I looked in a mirror and my V had no hair. Went into the menu and the hair was there again, back to the mrror, no hair :lol:. Like many of these glitches it was fixed the next time the game was restarted.

There is one other actually annoying bug that's hit me though, happneed no more than 3 times overall in the last week, and that's a gun just not firing n combat. Had to swap to a different weapon or equip a different gun. As before, it's fixed with a restart but it's not a problem you want in the middle of a fire fight.

Last edited:
I had a funny bug playing earlier, I looked in a mirror and my V had no hair. Went into the menu and the hair was there again, back to the mrror, no hair :lol:. Like many of these glitches it was fixed the next time the game was restarted.

There is one other actually annoying bug that's hit me though, happneed no more than 3 times overall in the last week, and that's a gun just not firing n combat. Had to swap to a different weapon or equip a different gun. As before, it's fixed with a restart but it's not a problem you want in the middle of a fire fight.
To make it even more funnier: Apparently that first one is because your V is wearing a hat. If you deselect it you will see your hair in the mirror.

The gun failure did not happen to me (yet?).

For those of you on PS4, do you have external hard drives? I'm trying to find out why my game works flawlessly and others don't. My console hasn't crashed at all and I haven't seen any visual glitches. I was driving around the city yesterday at night and I couldn't believe how good it looked - the whole aesthetic of this world is insane with soo many great details. It is such a well crafted cityscape and I love it. The game doesn't present an idyllic version of the future but a raw, honest version with lots of imperfections and grime. Never has a game impressed me in this way. I mean, Red Dead 2 and Fallout 4 had compelling stories but the worlds didn't blow me away. Don't get me wrong, they were very good but Cyberpunk is on another level.

Last edited:
It’s still broken, but a bit less so. I’ve been using it since the beginning by changing that one value from 2.0 to 1.4. I know the black levels are messed up, but it still looks better due to highlights HDR provides. I hope they fix it properly at some point.

Tried messing around, but I can't get anywhere. HDR seems to have the opposite effect than what should happen. The blacks are grayer and the whites are less bright. Colors look flatter or washed out.

This was happening with my Tech Sniper early in my game. It’s rare but it pops up every now and then. If you don’t have a weapon to swap dropping it and picking it back up fixes it too.

So I think I'm nearing the end of the main questline and I don't like it. It ending, I mean. Of course there's a second and third playthrough (those were going to happen anyway) but I already want more lol. Not including all of the side quests, gigs, encounters, etc.

I read on one site that to turn HDR off you also have to turn it off in the PS5 system settings. I think I have HDR on in the system settings. Does anybody have it off?

I read on one site that to turn HDR off you also have to turn it off in the PS5 system settings. I think I have HDR on in the system settings. Does anybody have it off?

I think that's the case for every game, unless I'm wrong.

I have it off and deep color output is off.
Settings---screen and video to check.

Last edited:
Year 2030: Kids, you want to hear the story of how CD Projekt Red became an exclusive developer for Microsoft?
Kids: No...
Well, it was the year 2020...
In this case Sony is Tracy!

Indeed, with the lack of first party developers I'd absolutely be putting in a bid if I was Microsoft.

1.05 patch fixed some things like saving your settings, but I’ve noticed a few new bugs. I ended up requesting a refund because this game seems hopeless on base consoles, they still have a lot of work to do but some things just cannot be fixed for my ancient ps4.

This reminds me of the launch of ACC on consoles earlier this year. The game is super ambitious and I love it, but the slow rendering, graphic glitches and really low FPS is immersion breaking for me. If I can’t get a PS5 soon then I might just buy a prebuilt pc.

I'm 60 hours in and finally got to level 20 intelligence, so I can now craft legendary quickhacks!
That's exactly what I did. Have been saving up components for a while to do it.
mWhPfh09Ce-XXRmfofm2hb1LRZT1JGNeySG9VITpgCDsE2N0xgGWNRPA7paJnh2lj5Bh-FhjR4ynGfOaZctP0TF6FuI8-hw3flJ3hkjVE6Q5TXTmaO4l7nAoSD9FaEsbG3BwiF9SdUCJbnD6vRPLA-74kMP1IG0IAd7OqrPWagKYrA0DBSY9qj5VhYb6WLnqd8qTXJaAryVzy8-5WIYoGRWecm3RY9m0uCycPpUHBddKdJyHP-VhAZX22YSRw1YWl-uWzI_j3suczSadMvhUuq_QfyMHG2EkHQwopIVhVatHeX4yOfkDyLATzkHRlJqdsmlO1EWr_uSXVA04QGfPNgikOzfa5IRcLKD_7isa0mLjNokkRiKBaTmbWYbwjS-ajtnyMWdeB8BTFwOrSqcRHL6FRFPkoRd5ze8txneta9CdW1gYPDtnmvCKSAc9oh93FvK4Phr5MjkG01WeGYG3u93M5_EKE9siqfX3ZemhuBVEKqOVEI5B-URQMTmyL3jvKFNZDlkXBJswcQWt_9_GL9sABpUB_H-133YtPJjGj6cUm4cmQGND9XHuZ6a-fvjcAyZqW3p4820QDIJLyBzXHamtDJ8QjaPDJuBZWVYDog5T0CxudhXWB311cp352wlikaBcbQNWW9valtcnkI8l1YF5WfK_Pze2pZ3FXNOf-U6AeKJS5yp_AVkgK5cVQA=w1605-h903-no

All of the quickhacks also go great with my legendary cyberdeck.
It not only reduces the cooldowns by 45% and upload time by 75%, but also allows ultimate quickhacks spread once.
It's fun to see AIs start committing mass suicide (Suicide), shut down completely (System Reset), or start blowing up (Detonate Grenade).
Haven't tried Cyberpsychosis yet, I think that's the last ultimate quickhack left for me to craft.
cYv7934G0MJnkeqgF1xDO0Z4A41RR76JOjrw5UQGA6WJmRZz9TzEX5IvgU8Q5FW385lcbf66dUcdxgIHosMzNbPCOgrHiMMn939dPqasVqmtuiYb0LHRcuM6iHgV-_TwGtW-PELIGO_zOC3wOujn_VV0KaEwONV4Os07TK_bzwHwRA9zxSYt794FWvmCdr2rkr5_4w8OgMKxPTbzb7WX3EM0GG4ycf_gKdM5i-Snefl6NQpIW9mmAUq1INhGQ7pe5bE5K7iM8-wtP_fErHc9u3RaTdrb2aR4DDi_F5JL4aQ4Evjxviw4AFDA2gd5HoDkLM6Hw3jLAEYrRV_n0-ZCW_g7oNfR2Yk89CI0RgW4sussDew_CCp_XnyZH9eralrmtH5IgQj0Cv8t3i4IrDv3vk4p2VjvXJu_GlfcJUp4j72HEK03pDHS8MsP2KjBh-Dw7bVb1QBmSnAkAd-kkYYFcUeW3h-UXzF1qS83dzod7RtnCDhG5r8KLx6PDXP64Kz1JfFg-mbxqKmJ5FM3VsG2aDzIZVVak4itOsPlqqtM-YOMZP7DokjHtHyoKBhK_VmGVaeUdOMc7s--Q5RScovT89q3WEaDfDMr0EuKHtVZAat3ajYLMhUeh69eGqEkld8QMSBLBQWje66N2ukBTwqoqkjtQnefxQRh0h9tWR0G4FrYXErg-Z5CgNyKoYq4IA=w1605-h903-no

So beyond the hype, is the game actually fun to play? I definitely will not get it for my XB1S, but maybe in the future I'll get it for PS5. The gratuitous "edgyness" kind of turns me off but the core of the game still seems good.

So beyond the hype, is the game actually fun to play? I definitely will not get it for my XB1S, but maybe in the future I'll get it for PS5. The gratuitous "edgyness" kind of turns me off but the core of the game still seems good.
Yeah, it is fun, once you spend a few hours figuring out the systems and decide on the perks and build. Eventually it gets a bit too easy, but you can mix it up and try a more difficult approach if you want to. There is quite a bit of flexibility and a lot of quests are quite a bit of fun and unique. It’s not groundbreaking, there are a lot of bugs and crashes, and some things don’t feel good (driving, melee), but the writing gets better as you get more into it (or maybe you start noticing the bad bits less) and the amount of content is staggering. After 60 hours (which felt like 20) it still didn’t get old to me - even though game crashes every hour or so I keep restarting it.

In short - yes, and it was worth the $50 so far.

Absolutely. Also about 60 hours in this game and sometimes I start another game/racesim and then you notice that -as long if you have a good system which can handle the ray tracing, lighting, shadows, reflections etc- Cyberpunk is a real graphical atmospheric gem. Also the content is ok. A lot of side quests are related to the main story but also a story on its own.

100%. Then again, I'm probably not the...best person to speak on this? Reason being, nothing was ever going to hinder or prevent me from playing this damn game. :lol:

Game's crashed on me a handful of times, bugs (I'd say only two of which were gamebreaking, neither of which have happened outside of the first couple of hours), and I've pressed on through it all. The only thing that genuinely annoys me is H2H combat. It's just...so 🤬 bad. Enemies have auto-tracking and pretty aggressive at that, blocking does nothing, evading does nothing (see auto-tracking), and it just isn't intuitive at all.

Now, having said...Mantis Blades are amazing. :lol:

Back