CyberPunk 2077

So beyond the hype, is the game actually fun to play? I definitely will not get it for my XB1S, but maybe in the future I'll get it for PS5. The gratuitous "edgyness" kind of turns me off but the core of the game still seems good.

Yes. Its a really fun game to play. The edginess actually works in favour if the game and the feel of the city. Combat is very satisfying (i have a good friend in the trusty Katana) the story is better than I was expecting and its quite addictive.

So beyond the hype, is the game actually fun to play? I definitely will not get it for my XB1S, but maybe in the future I'll get it for PS5. The gratuitous "edgyness" kind of turns me off but the core of the game still seems good.
Yes, it's absolutely fun to play, the story is engaging, the city is marvelous. It has bugs, I've not had any game breaking ones that hindered my progress, but I have had ones that have irritated me. But I'm loving the game so far.

The edgyness isn't really that key, for the most part it fits into the setting, but the trailers and pre-realease info was definitely more focused on that aspect that the actual game is for the most part. There's a lot of language it's mostly in character, occasionally feels forced but it's not as heavy handed as it all felt in the previews IMO. Like I sadi though, it is there, but you can wander around without it all being in your face all the time.

Yes, it's a lot of fun. I've spent hours just screwing around and killing hoodlums outside the main story. I've died many times but I don't care because I'm having fun. Driving into enemies is always a good laugh.

Last edited:
The game is definitely fun to play, story line is really good. I've been doing the same as @CLowndes888 ,driving around checking things out,lots of expressways for high speed driving, some twisty, hilly roads, kinda of reminded me of driving in San Francisco , doing lots of car jacking to try out different vehicles , if your skill isn't high enough to open some cars just shoot the driver and the door unlocks;).

I found a place where some nut wasted a bunch of people so i looted all the bodies , made close to a 1000 eddies.
If you see a dead body, go over and check for loot,and just so you know, there's 190 "Hidden Gems"in the game that don't show up on the map, usually a dead body,some are in boxes. Here's one , alot seem to be in higher places, rooftops,etc.They won't be easy to find,so gl .:cheers:
HUS-635.jpg

Edit: So i got around to finding 2 of these and looted about 1800 euros and a couple of sweet shotguns-399 dps and other loot.
I got access to this from buying the Collectors edition official guide book.
You can check it out here:
https://maps.piggyback.com/cyberpunk-2077/maps/night-city

Last edited:
Just played through Transmission/Never Fade Away mission. Man, the soundtrack is really something in this game. Really puts you in the moment, especially if you’re wearing headphones. I’m even liking Keanu’s performance better now. It’s still hit and miss though, but there are moments where he is decently believable.

I’m even liking Keanu’s performance better now. It’s still hit and miss though, but there are moments where he is decently believable.
I like that both Johnny and V change attitude over time, it's a nice detail.

That said both are hit-and-miss sometimes. While the dialog in general is good, a lot of the responses by V are a bit off-tone, like they don't completely fit the convo.

Minor issues though IMO.

Last edited:

I don't have the game, buy I note your query has led to eight very positive responses. I had originally intended to buy the game, but then was put off by all the negative reactions. So am thinking again of getting it. I don't mind too much a glitch here or there as long as the core gameplay is good.

CyberDoom :lol: Need to get me some jump legs.

Also, that LowSodiumCyberpunk Reddit is a great place for good chat and positive talk about the game away from the slightly toxic main game one.

Last edited:
So for those who finished the game and did most quests:

Was there only one quest about Lizzy Wizzy? I finished it and got a text message or two from her later on, but somehow I was expecting some kind of quest where you go to her concert or something, which hasn’t happened yet. Just curious.

Last edited:
I'm going to try to be a little more patient by putting the game down to wait for some additional patches/ fixes. My game has been mostly fine in terms of bugs and glitches, but I don't want to risk corrupting my save or anything. I also had some great main quests spoiled by minor glitches here any there, like popups and items failing to load, so may be best to wait if I want to experience the game as it was intended.

From the clips above, the gameplay looks very fast and frantic. I'm a more slow thoughtful cautious type of killer. I like sniping from safe distance, or creeping up behind an enemy and stabbing them in the back.

From the clips above, the gameplay looks very fast and frantic. I'm a more slow thoughtful cautious type of killer. I like sniping from safe distance, or creeping up behind an enemy and stabbing them in the back.

Can still do that too. Those characters have been built to be fast and bouncy. I've gone for a more tech focussed build, lots of hacking and sneaking, silent weapons like knives and Katanas are my speciality.

The clips above are absolute balls to the walls type of gameplay. That's probably not how most people play :lol:

I just got those double-jump legs though, so that's what I've kind of been doing lately. I tend to go for the stealth first with a Katana, and have my quickhacks to help out with that.

Last edited:
The Mantis Blades are not a weapon but an implant. So equip both and switch whenever you want. Use the same skill tree too. :)
That's where I felt them unnecessary for now - I just didn't see the need for two different blade weapons so I opted for something else for my implant.

Last edited:
I’m 70 hours in and probably going to wrap things up. Will finish up a couple of remaining side quests and the move on to finish up the main story. Things are becoming a bit too easy now no matter which way I play - all my headshots crit like crazy, my quickhacks take down a bunch of enemies, I can shoot and quickhack through the walls... I could try to go Rambo and use only melee, but maybe another time. I wish enemies could scale better somehow, maybe they will after some patches, hope so.

So with this corrupt save bug.

I know corrupted and lost game saves can't be recovered but surely they will have to come out with a fix to stop future games saves to continue being lost? Is it worth starting a new character and maybe play that until they come out with a fix for the corrupt save loss bug? My save hasn't been affected but i have played a lot and don't want to lose this playthrough if possible. I want to try the other two starting story lines anyway so i wouldnt mind leaving my original playthrough for a while if i get to keep it in the long run.

Last edited:
So with this corrupt save bug.

I know corrupted and lost game saves can't be recovered but surely they will have to come out with a fix to stop future games saves to continue being lost? Is it worth starting a new character and maybe play that until they come out with a fix for the corrupt save loss bug? My save hasn't been affected but i have played a lot and don't want to lose this playthrough if possible. I want to try the other two starting story lines anyway so i wouldnt mind leaving my original playthrough for a while if i get to keep it in the long run.

Of course there will be a fix, but it's now holiday season so no timelines. And I wouldn't worry about the size of your save game unless you did a lot of that buying/crafting/dismantling exploit.

Some screenies from my adventures so far on PS5. Loving this game, it's much better if you just stop reading games journalism.

PS_App_20201219_083806.jpeg
PS_App_20201219_083751.jpeg
PS_App_20201218_064101.jpeg

Last night I spent 225k Eddies on a Rayfield Aerondaught that I just did not need in the slightest and I don't regret it for a moment.

More to follow where I've got more competent with photo mode, but haven't ps messaged them to myself yet.

Rad game is rad.

This game is more suited for the next-gen consoles since the PS4 and Xbox One versions of the game isn't.
I would say its suited for anything that's not a base Xbox or PS4. Game runs fine on the One X aside from crashing, and it seemed to be fixed somewhat with the latest patch as well so I can imagine that it'll just be better as we get more updates.

Didn't pick my car back up initially and after a certain point I ended up without a vehicle to call. I think I'll scrap the plans for a replay when the next gen patch hits. Going to start on the sidequests now. Hopefully they'll have some DLC out after the next gen patch.

Didn't pick my car back up initially and after a certain point I ended up without a vehicle to call. I think I'll scrap the plans for a replay when the next gen patch hits. Going to start on the sidequests now. Hopefully they'll have some DLC out after the next gen patch.
Are you talking about basically right after Act 1 after Takemura finds you? Gonna put the next bit in a spoiler as it's about the events that transpire before the end of that with Jackie:

There should be a side mission where you call Mama Welles and she should give you Jackies motorcycle after his funeral or something like that

Last edited:
Back