CyberPunk 2077

I wonder how it runs and plays now on std ps4 after the latest patch.
I didn't even think about it that you can buy it in stores still for ps4, im so used to buy all my games on psn store.
So they do need to put out patches for ps4 still.

Just saw some playthrough on ps5 and it looked cool enough, seemed to play well.

Just launched GOG Galaxy to get the patch and its 58GB! 🤬

EDIT: Cancelled it, not worth the time waiting. I will wait for some content drops or DLC I think

Last edited:
Gave 1.2 a try. (PS5)

I was driving from the Badlands back to Night City. I was doing around 200mph so the game was having a really hard time rendering things, but I kept going just to see what would happen. I ended up falling through the map and then the game crashed.

Last edited:
Just tried the game after the 28gb Steam update.

I enjoyed the game when it first come out and didn't encounter any serious bugs. I was just a bit disappointed with the performance especially considering my system easily passed the recommended and I had to play on pretty much medium to get a solid 60 fps. After a quick hour test I think the performance has improved for me so much so that halfway through I upped a good few of the settings to high and it was completely playable even when driving in the city. So yeah, A nice surprise. Performance wise the game is acceptable for me now. I guess i'm just waiting for the new content to start arriving.👍

Bear in mind however, I havn't played for months so this may be as a result of all the cumulative updates and not just this big recent one.

Last edited:
CDPR revenue/profit numbers are in: Cyberpunk 2077 earnings up 268% over Witcher 3's 2015 record highs | TweakTown

303 million USD profit, that's not too shabby.

Actual image of CDPR reading bad reviews of Cyberpunk 2077:

tenor.gif

Last edited:
It's back on ps4 in a week, on 21st i think. But Sony recommends to play it on ps4 pro or ps5 haha, ..yeah. Still gonna wait for a full ps5 version, patched and fully complete with add-ons.

Went in for another round after the latest update. Runs beautifully on my current rig using the Digital Foundry settings. Also interested when they're going to implement DLSS 2.2 which improves graphical quality of DLSS even further.

My opinions on DLSS are mixed. I love that I can enable RT in games and still get great FPS but at the same time it adds that mushy filter over the screen. So it's either great lighting or a sharp image, but not both. Gonna play around with nVidia sharpening for a bit, see if that helps.

First half of 2021 is over, so we'll be seeing the nextgen update in the 2nd half or 2022?

It would be nice if they released some DLC/expansions soon after. I'm just waiting for those. Witcher 3's expansions were great, so hoping for the same for Cyberpunk.

The patches they've released so far are relatively small. Being te positive person that I am, I think that is because the majority of the team is working on an actual overhaul and content. :P

It's back on ps4 in a week, on 21st i think. But Sony recommends to play it on ps4 pro or ps5 haha, ..yeah. Still gonna wait for a full ps5 version, patched and fully complete with add-ons.
I'm waiting for the fully fledged PS5 version before I buy it again as I'll mainly be using it for photography. The PS4 Pro version being run on PS5 isn't the most visually stunning thing, and understandably so.

Possible "Rides of the Dark Future" Expansion
Rides of the Dark Future.jpg

Vehicles mentioned in game files, with Sound files:
  • Brennan Thanatos
  • Chevillion Centurion
  • Herrera Riptide
  • Mahir Motors Eraz (also mentioned in "The World of Cyberpunk 2077" book.)
  • Mizutani Hozuki
  • Thorton Merrimac (also mentioned in "The Legend of Aerondight Magazine")
  • Villefort Cortes V3000 (In Files - "Rides for Sale", and in a cut quest with a guy called "Reginald")

Vehicles mentioned in game on websites or in files on computers in game:
  • Arch Substance 171 (On ARCH website in game)
  • Mahir Motors Supron FS100 (In Files - "Rides for Sale")
  • Quadra Turbo-R 720 (In Files - "Rides for Sale")

Vehicles mentioned or seen in the books "The world of Cyberpunk 2077" and "The Official Artbook of Cyberpunk 2077".
  • Kaukaz "Firetruck"
  • Mahir Motors Futrix
  • Mahir Motors Iridon
  • Thorton Colby "Nomad Spec"
  • Villefort Alvarado "Nomad Spec"
  • Villefort Narváez

Some known and unknown vehicles from Cyberpunk 2077:
Book Scan Entropism.jpg
Book Scan Kitsch.jpg
Book Scan NeoKitsch.jpg
Book Scan Neomilitarism.jpg
Thorton Colby Nomad Spec vehicle Crop.jpg
Villefort Alvarado Nomad Spec vehicle Crop.jpg
Mahir Motors Unknown Van 1.png
Mahir Motors Unknown Van 3.jpg
Mahir Motors Unknown Van 4.jpg
Kaukaz Firetruck.jpg

My Vehicle predictions and guesses for the Rides of the Dark Future DLC:
  • The Brennan Thanatos is probably going to be a Cruiser or Chopper type motorcycle.
  • The Kaukaz "Firetruck" adds more variety to the games utility vehicles and possible new quest ideas, the Firetruck is based on the "Kaukaz Bratsk U4020".
  • The Mahir Motors Supron FS100 is probably going to be an older version of the "Mahir Motors Supron FS3" already in game. (hope it looks different, more classic collector car, add some more vintage car features, white walls, smoother body etc?)
  • The Quadra Turbo-R 720 is probably going to be an older or more base version of the "Quadra Turbo-R 740" already in game. (hope it looks different, more classic sports car, add some 70s vehicle features?)
  • The Villefort Cortes V3000 is probably going to be an older or more base version of the "Villefort Cortes V5000 Valor" already in game. (hope it looks different, maybe a hatchback or wagon style?)

Last edited:
Well I gotta say, I had some trust in the fact they would update the game so that it would be actually pretty good, but this game has totally dropped of the radar. Such a shame.

Well I gotta say, I had some trust in the fact they would update the game so that it would be actually pretty good, but this game has totally dropped of the radar. Such a shame.
It is pretty good, and they have been updating it. The Next Gen upgrade should be any day now hopefully too because they aimed for a late 2021 release for that.

Scheduled for 2022 i think now, the newgen version.
I've been trying to find something more concrete but all I've seen is them saying late 2021. I mean, we're already in late 2021 so you're most likely right at this point, but I just couldn't find anything else.

I could see it going either way, but they have been a bit quiet on the update.

My plan is still to pick it back up once the DLC and next gen updates are released.

Despite the problems, I still had fun playing the game and it was a nice game to make use of the PS5.

I could see it going either way, but they have been a bit quiet on the update.

My plan is still to pick it back up once the DLC and next gen updates are released.

Despite the problems, I still had fun playing the game and it was a nice game to make use of the PS5.
Likewise, and while I know there was a lot of issues for many people, mine was relatively light with bugs so I was able to enjoy my experience. I've also uninstalled it while I wait for the next gen update and once that comes out I'll finally dive in a beat the game.

Likewise, and while I know there was a lot of issues for many people, mine was relatively light with bugs so I was able to enjoy my experience. I've also uninstalled it while I wait for the next gen update and once that comes out I'll finally dive in a beat the game.
Similar for me, though I played through and completed the main story without any major bugs, certainly nothing that stopped my progress. While I most definitely enjoyed it, the main story was a lot more brief than I expected it to be and there needs to be more to do in the world than what was on offer IMO.

I have it on PC mind, so I'm not waiting on a next gen update, but I am waiting for some DLC before I decide to fire it back up again.

Last edited:
Yeah im glad. Take all the time they need to make it as good as possible in every way.

Also, i dont have a newgen console yet and for a good while still. 😁
I agree. There's so many good games coming out over the next couple months that I'll be occupied enough to just forget it until it happens.

You jinxed it though! :P

Last edited:
I think I'm watching corporate suicide, all the footage with which they opened was laggy! That's it, I'm not spending any money on this, not playing even if on Gamepass!

Patch 1.5

• Perks have been reworked.
  • If you throw a knife, it will come back to you. This has a cool down though.
  • Changes to AI in combat.
  • Bikes have neon wheels. Cars also have neons underneath I think?
  • Car and Bike physics improved.
  • Wider FOV in first person view when driving.
  • More (and improved) NPCs on the street.
  • More (and improved) traffic.
  • Different UI for skipping time.
  • Improved map and UI.
  • New Rewards for completing all contracts from the fixers.
  • Economy has been reworked, ex: vehicles not as expensive
  • Items at vendors are more randomized or something
  • Calls and texts improved (thank god)
  • You can change your characters appearance using the mirror in your apartment.
  • More customization options for your character.
  • You can now customize your apartment.
  • 4 new apartments to buy. More interactions inside apartments, some of them give you temporary stat boosts.
  • There is a toggle button for walking.
  • Stashs improved.
  • New photomode poses for Johnny
  • They say there is much more...
Old gen won't get all the changes because of memory issues. Duel Sense is supported.

Releases TODAY. Free 5 hour trial also available, you can carry over your progress if you decide to buy it. It's also 50% off on psn, 94 gb.

4cau44e9s0i81.jpg

uyezrej9s0i81.jpg

Last edited:
I've been itching to do another playthrough for a long time but I've been waiting for this update. 3/4 downloaded, I can't wait to fire it up.

Last edited:
I've been itching to do another playthrough for a long time but I've been waiting for this update. 3/4 downloaded, I can't wait to fire it up.
This. Also because been so long since I last played that I basically forgot what I'm even doing or how my character is. That, and also I haven't tried any of the patches that have came out since release so I don't know what else has changed outside of this patch.

Back