CyberPunk 2077

I have to say I can’t believe the public is so hard on the game. I am really getting into it and am amazed at the love that went into this game. The city is huge and once I revisited some areas it started to feel like home.

And I am truly surprised I can play it on my base PS4. Yes it struggles but man is it awesome to see what is possible on that console.

9jAzCZJ.jpg

Open your eyes, Carol. You goofball.

02OiUqI.jpg

WJNjp3X.jpg

I completed the main game the other day after 65 hours-ish of playtime. I didn't rush through the game, but I also got a little bored of the side quests so I went right for the final main quest. Not really much to say that isn't spoilery, but...

I chose the path at the end where Silverhands takes control of V, but deviated at the end when I cut off his control in order to save V. Afterwards, there was a "final" mission that took me into space, which was exciting until you realized you didn't actually get to play that part. Then it just felt odd. I did not particularly like that ending, so I am going to redo the final mission and try the Panam path.

Not so spoilery stuff: I liked the game a lot overall. Despite glitches here and there and an overall not-so-polished feel, the game's story, style, world and characters were just so good. I look forward to playing another full playthrough once it's available on PS5 and, I would assume, improved and polished.

Last edited:
I finished the main game yesterday too, I probably choose the worst ending
I chose to block johnny and then I ended on the space station as an engram waiting for technology to catch up so I have a chance to live on

I enjoyed the game but I can't help wondering if I am really meant to be as powerful as I am or if something went horrible wrong with how perks interact with each other. Like when I started the game and that bit were you are johnny and the gun you have does 2500 damage and I was thinking that was crazy powerful. But now without following one of them crazy 1 million DPS videos my widow maker does 8K dps without crit and my sniper riffles do over 50K with a head shot crit.

Also playing on PC I have only had 1 crash in about 40 hours and to say the game is running off an old 7200rpm drive the load times are very good.

I finished the main game yesterday too, I probably choose the worst ending
I chose to block johnny and then I ended on the space station as an engram waiting for technology to catch up so I have a chance to live on

I enjoyed the game but I can't help wondering if I am really meant to be as powerful as I am or if something went horrible wrong with how perks interact with each other. Like when I started the game and that bit were you are johnny and the gun you have does 2500 damage and I was thinking that was crazy powerful. But now without following one of them crazy 1 million DPS videos my widow maker does 8K dps without crit and my sniper riffles do over 50K with a head shot crit.

Also playing on PC I have only had 1 crash in about 40 hours and to say the game is running off an old 7200rpm drive the load times are very good.
Yeah, one of the big reasons my enjoyment of the game got significantly reduced the longer I played was the issue of balance. I played as a net runner and at some point (40-50 hours in) it was just easy to take out most enemies remotely and maybe finish off last one or two with a crit from my pistol. Don’t know if they will ever focus on rebalancing the perks, but if they did, it would be a way to significantly increase enjoyment of the game for most people.

Yeah, I'm at a point in the game where I one shot basically everything. My Smart Sniper does something like 200,000-300,000 with headshots, and probably half that with body/limb shots. I also have a tech pistol that only has one round, an iconic weapon that I forgot the name of, and with one of the Handgun perks that doubles the damage of the last round in your pistol I get something like 20,000-30,000k DPS on a body shot. It also shoots through walls as well so its my go to right now.

My crit chance is basically at 100% even before factoring in the crit chance bonus most weapons have.

Yeah, I'm at a point in the game where I one shot basically everything. My Smart Sniper does something like 200,000-300,000 with headshots, and probably half that with body/limb shots. I also have a tech pistol that only has one round, an iconic weapon that I forgot the name of, and with one of the Handgun perks that doubles the damage of the last round in your pistol I get something like 20,000-30,000k DPS on a body shot. It also shoots through walls as well so its my go to right now.

My crit chance is basically at 100% even before factoring in the crit chance bonus most weapons have.

I think the weapon you are talking about is comrade's hammer. The amount of things that can buff crit damage and chance is a little out of control. clothing mods (I have one that has 15% crit chance AND 30% crit damage), cybeware mods, weapon mods, perks and the bonuses for levelling up skills.
did you get the upgraded Kiroshi Optics and the legendary mod that increases head shot damage by 50%?

I think the weapon you are talking about is comrade's hammer. The amount of things that can buff crit damage and chance is a little out of control. clothing mods (I have one that has 15% crit chance AND 30% crit damage), cybeware mods, weapon mods, perks and the bonuses for levelling up skills.
did you get the upgraded Kiroshi Optics and the legendary mod that increases head shot damage by 50%?
Yeah actually that is it, I recognize the name. about half of my gear has 3 mod slots, and the other half having 2 mod slots. With that said, Every clothing item gets 1 +15% crit chance mod and I fill all remaining mod slots after that with Crit damage - the clothing with 3 mod slots will usually get two +30% crit damage mods. Before even factoring in anything else at all, I'm already sitting at +90% Crit chance and I think +210%~ Crit damage with clothing alone. I didn't want to spend the eddies on the Crit chance+ Crit damage mod as it just didn't seem necessary considering how much I already have into those stats, so there was no rush for me there. I also have that +50% headshot damage mod too, and thats actually what boosted up my sniper to 300k.

Yeah actually that is it, I recognize the name. about half of my gear has 3 mod slots, and the other half having 2 mod slots. With that said, Every clothing item gets 1 +15% crit chance mod and I fill all remaining mod slots after that with Crit damage - the clothing with 3 mod slots will usually get two +30% crit damage mods. Before even factoring in anything else at all, I'm already sitting at +90% Crit chance and I think +210%~ Crit damage with clothing alone. I didn't want to spend the eddies on the Crit chance+ Crit damage mod as it just didn't seem necessary considering how much I already have into those stats, so there was no rush for me there. I also have that +50% headshot damage mod too, and thats actually what boosted up my sniper to 300k.

Wow that's a lot of crit chance, mine is currently at 24% according to the stat page but most of mods slots on my clothing is full of armadillo mods. I'm currently on 2400 armour but once I level up a bit more and start crafting the epic versions it should go up a good bit more.

Wow that's a lot of crit chance, mine is currently at 24% according to the stat page but most of mods slots on my clothing is full of armadillo mods. I'm currently on 2400 armour but once I level up a bit more and start crafting the epic versions it should go up a good bit more.
That stat page is a big ol liar. Mine only shows 56% Crit chance, but with 6 clothing slots all having 1 +15% each, that's obviously inaccurate. Not only that, but no matter how much I've added to crit damage it doesn't budge past +131%. Crazy though because your armor is basically double of mine, you must be a tank.

Yeah, about crit chance and multiplier... they don't stack on clothing mods. As it is now, slot only one Fortuna and Bully mod onto your clothing of your choice and outfit the rest with Armadillo, Backpacker or whatever else you want to try.

Showtime (dealing a set damage bonus % against moderate and high-level threats) also doesn't stack.

I wobder if the game was at some point supposed to cap the maximum you could stack those bonuses. I'm way behind you guys form the sound of it, I occasionally get a 10k headshot with the Overwatch rifle. I've been spending a lot of time just travelling around mopping up side quests, but I'll probably do the next few main question missions soon.

Edit: It seems @Terronium-12 has answered the crit chances not stacking conundrum.

Last edited:
Yeah, about crit chance and multiplier... they don't stack on clothing mods. As it is now, slot only one Fortuna and Bully mod onto your clothing of your choice and outfit the rest with Armadillo, Backpacker or whatever else you want to try.

Showtime (dealing a set damage bonus % against moderate and high-level threats also doesn't stack).
Crit chance didn't stack, but my damage was definitely stacking when I put both on, it even labeled it as +60%. Some mods wont show the stacking at all, so I stopped stacking some, but just the other week I noticed that the Bully mod actually showed the correct % boost.

Crit chance didn't stack, but my damage was definitely stacking when I put both on, it even labeled it as +60%. Some mods wont show the stacking at all, so I stopped stacking some, but just the other week I noticed that the Bully mod actually showed the correct % boost.

That's most likely the one multiplier mod and your weapon's own multiplier stacking. It didn't help that the crit numbers are wildly inconsistent, but the clothing mods don't appear to stack beyond the one in my findings.

That's most likely the one multiplier mod and your weapon's own multiplier stacking. It didn't help that the crit numbers are wildly inconsistent, but the clothing mods don't appear to stack beyond the one in my findings.

So I'd forgotton Penetrator (crit damage mod) is on the weapon itself so that will definitely stack as far I can tell. But damage in general is so weird in this game, largely because I haven't taken the time to even try understanding how it works. Nonetheless, I ran five trials with the same at (largely) the same distance away from an enemy and these were the numbers I got. For reference, I'm using an epic Overture with 940.5 DPS with two epic Crunch mods (+120.401 dmg).

I'll redo things using Penetrator mods but this was before I remembered where the mod was. :lol:

With Bully

1 - 28,732
2 - 29,648
3 - 30,087
4 - 28,112 (29,538 as the guy got closer....wat?)
5 - 31,283

Without Bully

1 - 28,882 (How!?)
2 - 29,119
3 - 28,313
4 - 26,744
5 - 27,707

Two Bully Mods (I only had two :lol: )

1 - 27,676
2 - 28,847
3 - 26,661 (29,068, again, as the guy got closer...wat!?)
4 - I stopped here because I somehow got 86k after missing two shots

It was actually what was labeled on the clothing item specifically. I noticed the first time, I had two mods on one clothing item that were the same and when you hovered the cursor over it, it would show both mods on the clothing but it said the same thing for both instead of adding them together - When I tried the same thing with the Crit Damage mod, it added them together when listing it on the clothing.

The first time I think it was with the +0.2 towards Evasion(I think? I can't recall!) and when it showed it on the clothing it just said that two times, instead of adding them together. Then when I tried the 2 +30% Crit Damage, on the clothing stat when you hover over it it instead said +60% Crit Damage, but the weird thing is that it still wrote it out twice.

Either way, it's all bonked and hope they sort that soon lol. Even if I'm overstacking the item, my character is still too strong. :lol:

Last edited:
Round 2. This time I upgraded Crash to its legendary version, with 1,757.2 DPS base and tested the same scenario but this time in five ways: stock, with a scope (how!?), with two pacifier and crunch mods, four crunch mods, and four pacifier mods.

Without Mods
  • 1 - 47,442
  • 2 - 54,054
  • 3 - 55,156
  • 4 - 54,644
  • 5 - 50,018

With Scope
  • 1 - 54,147 (How!?)
  • 2 - 58,380 (How!?)
  • 3 - 47,852
  • 4 - 55,988 (How!?)
  • 5 - 57,707 (How!?)

With Mods (Mixed)
  • 1 - 57,812
  • 2 - 58,202
  • 3 - 56,545
  • 4 - 54,764
  • 5 - 58,695

With Mods (4 Crunch)
  • 1 - 65,976
  • 2 - 53,359
  • 3 - 59,265
  • 4 - 55,606
  • 5 - 56,341

With Mods (4 Pacifier)
  • 1 - 60,766
  • 2 - 66,879
  • 3 - 65,354
  • 4 - 69,689*
  • 5 - 56,251 (What?) Reloaded again and got 66,986

What's the asterisk for on No. 4? I missed a shot (not on purpose) and the next one hit for, well, as you see...damn near 70k. The moral? Aside from this not being the best indication or test pool size, the damage numbers are wildly inconsistent and I don't understand why. It's almost like the size of the hitbox for headshots is very, very fussy.

upload_2021-1-13_16-18-27.png

They openly admit it was the board's fault for deciding to release the game in a poor state.

The main issue was that the game was designed for PC and the difficulty of scaling that down to last-gen consoles was harder than expected. An example they gave was that last-gen consoles have slow storage interfaces so asset streaming was incredibly difficult to optimize.

Two patches are coming soon, with one coming within 10 days. They are continuing to work on the game with no changes to long term support.

Last edited:
A triple-A game company taking responsibility for its actions, admitting they released the game in an unsatisfactory state and presenting a long-term roadmap of how they intend to make it right... well, that's something I wish would happen more often. *coughcough2KGAMESahem*

By the time i buy a ps5 sometime later this year or early next year, i hope most bugs or glitches are fixed already.
I'm on last gen Xbox One X and while there are bugs, the game is largely playable. I wouldn't have 110+ hours into the game while only being 50% through the story otherwise. That said, I'd imagine that even if you get it at this very moment it would be played fairly well, and even more so if you wait until the time frame you posted.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...at-caused-the-video-game-s-disastrous-rollout

Some actual journalism about what happened behind the scenes at CD Project Red.

I recommend reading the article, but here are a lot of quotes (with my own emphasis) as the article is packed with information.

Interviews with more than 20 current and former CD Projekt staff, most of whom requested anonymity so as not to risk their careers, depict a development process marred by unchecked ambition, poor planning and technical shortcomings. Employees, discussing the game’s creation for the first time, described a company that focused on marketing at the expense of development, and an unrealistic timeline that pressured some into working extensive overtime long before the final push.

While the company extensively tested before the game’s release, Iwiński said it didn’t show many of the issues players experienced. Developers who worked on the game argued otherwise, saying that many common problems were discovered. The staff just didn’t have time to fix them.

Cyberpunk 2077 was an ambitious project by any standard. [...] Making Cyberpunk would require CD Projekt to invest in new technology, new staff and new techniques they hadn’t explored before.

Another indication of how CD Projekt stretched things too far was that it tried to develop the engine technology behind Cyberpunk 2077, most of which was brand new, simultaneously with the game, which slowed down production. One member of the team compared the process to trying to drive a train while the tracks are being laid in front of you at the same time. It might have gone more smoothly if the track-layers had a few months head start.

Although Cyberpunk was announced in 2012, the company was then still mainly focused on its last title and full development didn’t start until late 2016, employees said. That was when CD Projekt essentially hit the reset button, according to people familiar with the project.

Much of CD Projekt’s focus, according to several people who worked on Cyberpunk 2077, was on impressing the outside world. A slice of gameplay was showcased at E3, the industry’s main trade event, in 2018. It showed the main character embarking on a mission, giving players a grand tour of the seedy, crime-ridden Night City.

Fans and journalists were wowed by Cyberpunk 2077’s ambition and scale. What they didn’t know was that the demo was almost entirely fake. CD Projekt hadn’t yet finalized and coded the underlying gameplay systems, which is why so many features, such as car ambushes, were missing from the final product. Developers said they felt like the demo was a waste of months that should have gone toward making the game.

Employees were working long hours, even though Iwiński told staff that overtime wouldn’t be mandatory on Cyberpunk 2077. More than a dozen workers said they felt pressured to put in extra hours by their managers or coworkers anyway.

At E3 in June 2019, CD Projekt announced that the game would come out on April 16, 2020. Fans were elated, but internally, some members of the team could only scratch their heads, wondering how they could possibly finish the game by then. One person said they thought the date was a joke. Based on the team’s progress, they expected the game to be ready in 2022. Developers created memes about the game getting delayed, making bets on when it would happen.

Some engineers realized that Cyberpunk was too complex of a game to run well on the seven-year-old consoles, with its city full of bustling crowds and hulking buildings. They said management dismissed their concerns, however, citing their success in pulling off The Witcher 3.

In March, as the pandemic began ravaging the globe and forcing people to stay inside, CD Projekt staff had to complete the game from their homes. Without access to the office’s console development kits, most developers would play builds of the game on their home computers, so it wasn’t clear to everyone how Cyberpunk might run on PS4 and Xbox One. External tests, however, showed clear performance issues.

As the launch date drew closer, everyone at the studio knew the game was in rough shape and needed more time, according to several people familiar with the development. Chunks of dialogue were missing. Some actions didn’t work properly. When management announced in October that the game had “gone gold” — that it was ready to be pressed to discs — there were still major bugs being discovered. The game was delayed another three weeks as exhausted programmers scrambled to fix as much as they could.

Here's some more tweets that the author left out from the article:

Because @Terronium-12 is clearly just tickled by this game, here's a thread I caught on Reddit for him and anyone else that caught me by surprise; use V's gun as a point light. Top comment shares different guns create different muzzle flashes & colors as well.

Let me also add that diffrent weapons have diffrent muzzle flashes, for instance, the Nekomata has a blue flash.

Playing on a base ps4 and I am really digging this game. Had one hard crash. Other than that it is a world that I really like, the guns are awesome and the story is really interesting.

can’t wait to get my hands on a ps5 and then see it run smoother, until the real ps5 patch gets released

Back