CyberPunk 2077

Had some full action gameplay this time, for 1st time it clicked and was super cool.

After some upgrades, against a mix of enemies, some with cyberware abilites too etc.

Pretty cool by mixing use of quick hacking, cyberware abilities, weapons, it was a perfect challenge.
Also got the hang of movement and aiming more now, plus adjusted the controls more.

Been hours just doing ncpd challenges, pretty fun, upgrading your stuff etc.

The pathtracing upgrade for this game is pretty spectacular. I'm hoping this points to the future of games where developers spend less time fussing with lighting workarounds (like SSAO, SSR, baked lighting, probes, cube maps, etc etc etc) and more time actually building out the world and narrative.

The new recommended PC CPU requirements are crazy!

Recommended (In-game graphics preset high, resolution 1080p, expected fps 60)
  • Processor: Core i7-12700 or Ryzen 7 7800X
Oh and btw that last CPU doesn't even exist :lol: Maybe they know something we don't.
Anyway, apparently the AI has been updated so it will be even more CPU intensive than before.

The new recommended PC CPU requirements are crazy!

Recommended (In-game graphics preset high, resolution 1080p, expected fps 60)
  • Processor: Core i7-12700 or Ryzen 7 7800X
Oh and btw that last CPU doesn't even exist :lol: Maybe they know something we don't.
Anyway, apparently the AI has been updated so it will be even more CPU intensive than before.
Hope things work okay on the PS5 version. :scared:

Big expansion coming, along with a lot of gameplay/UI/skills changes

I'm early enough in my current femNomad playthrough that it may be worth putting it on hold and restarting once this is out.

Yeah, after seeing how much they've changed this will require a restart and new character.

Should have time somewhere in 2024.

Only tried the demo on PS5 and it was good but I had too much to play on at the time to get into it.

Think I've waited long enough, this looks great, hopefully it lives up to the hype, if that could possibly be a thing when I'm playing it years after release.

Only tried the demo on PS5 and it was good but I had too much to play on at the time to get into it.

Think I've waited long enough, this looks great, hopefully it lives up to the hype, if that could possibly be a thing when I'm playing it years after release.
It was probably the worst experience I’ve ever had in terms of gaming when I first played it on my base PS4. But after playing it on PS5 and PC, it’s one of my favourite games of all time.

This is the last time we’re working on the REDengine for the time being at least, and in the foreseeable future as you know we are working on the Unreal Engine from Epic. This was one of the key reasons why we decided this was the only [Cyberpunk expansion].

You what Johnny would say about this after seeing UE5 games and their performance this year?

”You know taking that oath? Baaad idea!”

full

full

full

full

full

full

Loaded up my FemV Nomad and checked out the new skill/perk trees. They pretty much removed the engineer stuff which was the whole point of the character!

Not sure if it’s worth respeccing her into something else or just restarting with a new male character - maybe go full ninja assassin this time.

Loaded up my FemV Nomad and checked out the new skill/perk trees. They pretty much removed the engineer stuff which was the whole point of the character!

Not sure if it’s worth respeccing her into something else or just restarting with a new male character - maybe go full ninja assassin this time.
CDPR recommends starting a new game.

I just completed Act 1 and it’s a huge improvement, they reworked pretty much everything. If this was it’s actual launch then it would definitely be a game of the year contender imo. I can’t wait for the expansion.

Last edited:
CDPR recommends starting a new game.

I just completed Act 1 and it’s a huge improvement, they reworked pretty much everything. If this was it’s actual launch then it would definitely be a game of the year contender imo. I can’t wait for the expansion.
I managed to respec into something semi-useful, but I might start a new character to try out some of the new combat stuff at an easier level. There's also a gun exclusive to the corpos that would work well for me if I go pistols this time round.

The expansion may have to wait though - I still have a lot of BG3 to complete and then there's Spidey 2.

Trying the new 2.0 upgrade patch..
Pretty bummed the performance mode is less smooth by a lot now in the city centres.

Its like on ps4 almost when outside and in combat, shame.

They even lowered the dynamic scaling resolution to help on ps5, but seems the added police and whatever else they added, is pushing aside the smootness they had gotten before this patch.

Not really acceptable, especially it's in performance mode, was already not 60fps before, but now it's a bit of a mess.

I even restarted from scratch, seems need wait another year for patches to fix this 'upgrade'..
They didn't mention any of this of course.

Also, the ai in general and animations have a lot of misteps, skips in animations of npcs, going thru other npcs, etc.

The 1st person combat already felt a little awkward, in feel, movement control, doesn't help if it isn't running smooth.

Plus you can't go back to before the patch i guess.

They added useless interactivity like petting a cat lol, should focus on added reactivity, rep, choices, meaningful interactivity, dynamic systems, ai, and more tactical play. And be an rpg, not an action game with far cry style rpg upgrades.

Bit underwhelmed for now.
Lot of waste of time instead of constant tactical and interaction choices.
To much effort into building a detailed city, not enough on real rpg systems maybe.

Also looks a little cartoony.
Maybe im having a bad mood and 1st impression..
I should have waited maybe for fixes and hopefully further optimization before restarting.
Also wish you could maybe lock in on enemies when melee etc.

Movement is limited, like going backward so slowly, barely evading when dodging, etc.

I know it gets better with upgrades and perks but still. Hoped for more far out perks maybe.
Also wished it be more mature story, etc, feels a little like a teen game.

Lol, i guess im in a pissy mood a bit, something in real life just cost me a bundle for nothing...
Cheers.
Just my 2 cents.

Edit: also there's a delay now when you scan an enemy and try switch from hack to info tab, each time you switch to another enemy.

There's more gang on gang fights happening randomly, but just feels like a gta wannabe addition to me, not what i look for from cdpr, gta is mindless enough gaming.
While im on a rant 🤪, you also get stuck on any object while trying to move away fast, or hide crouched etc.

Edit2: another thing noticing now, ncpd challenges aren't much of a challenge now at all, even not upgraded. My play thru before 2.0 was just enough of a good challenge on these,,and made it a little interesting.

Edit3: did get back into it now, sure feels sluggish when restarting from 0 upgrades, and the 1st few challenges are made super easy, even if it was one of the latest you did on your last playthru, so now it's back to more normal challenge level.
And the smoothness isn't bad mostly, just a worse in city centre.

The cars etc controls are really good now, especially rwd ones, fun to power oversteer etc.

Last edited:
Just noticed trying to enter photo mode in a vehicle, if the car windows are rolled down, it wont work, could you roll windows down before? i never noticed....

Seems like there's a lot more bugs now and not a fan of some changes.

Don't like the male voice at all so recreated my female Nomad, starting again because I missed some things first time like the iguana. Concentrating on hacking and smart weapons this run, along with a lot of chrome.

The "iconic" weapons have been severely nerfed, better off just using normal tiered guns. Of course most of the ones you pick up now are broken so you have to buy or craft. Apartment prices have also increased a lot. Can't buy components so have to choose between breaking down weapons or selling them. Probably won't get as rich this time.

It does seem like the devs want to push the melee parkour playstyle above all else. It looks cool in all the videos but it's just not for me.

Latest Posts

Back