CyberPunk 2077

New RTX trailer:

I think I’m going to give GeForce Now a go for this game. Have tried it out recently with Control, and it works quite well using Nvidia Shield. The lag is minimal, unless others in the house are using a lot of traffic, and the game looks really good with all RTX effects and DLSS on. Based on the latest financial report by CDPR, seems like enhanced edition for PS5/XBX will only come in 2021, so to get the best quality at launch PC is the way to go.

New episode of Night City wire coming next week on the 18th!
Focus on gangs and score.
Look forward to learn some more about the gangs that they haven’t talked about yet.

Might pre-order this for PC soon, probably after the requirements come out. I won't have the latest and greatest GPU, so I'll see if my current card can still work.

Might pre-order this for PC soon, probably after the requirements come out. I won't have the latest and greatest GPU, so I'll see if my current card can still work.
I don’t expect them to be too high, if you’re ok with 1080p and low/medium settings. For 4k ray tracing, yeah, you’ll need latest and greatest. In order to run on consoles, the game will probably have enough settings to allow running on 4-5 year old GPUs. There is also always a backup option of using GeForce Now for 5 bucks a month (or free, but I’m sure there will be long queue times for the free servers), which I plan to rely on if I want RTX effects.

There is also always a backup option of using GeForce Now for 5 bucks a month (or free, but I’m sure there will be long queue times for the free servers), which I plan to rely on if I want RTX effects.

Would I have to buy the game through Steam to try that?

Would I have to buy the game through Steam to try that?
Yup. Epic Store will probably work too, but would have to check that to be sure.

Personally I'm looking to go the Xbox Series S/X route, not sure yet.

Yes, seems like a game that I would want to get on the next gen consoles if going the console route. Wonder how long it will be until the update comes out. I don't think I would want to start without the next-gen update. PC route seems to give me a bit more flexibility now.

PC requirements have been revealed:

EiNd95-WAAAyFrm

A lot lower than I was expecting. I guess it makes sense though, given that they are targeting current gen consoles. I wonder how it will look and run on consoles given the relatively low specs. Maybe PS4 Pro and XBX will be able to do 1080p/60 fps? Although given the current obsession with 4k, it will probably end up 4k/30fps.

If PS5 will run in PS4 Pro mode (or better) at launch, I may go with that instead of getting it for PC. May end up getting both PS5 and PC copy though and just do two parallel playthroughs with different background. Thinking of going Corpo as my primary and maybe Street Kid secondary.

Also, two new videos dropped.

Gang overview:

City overview:

I am so hyped for this game, this will replace Fallout as my go to RPG since that series has gone down the toilet. I'm also happy supporting a developer that has some integrity.

Last edited:
I am so hyped for this game, this will replace Fallout as my go to RPG since that series has gone down the toilet.

This game looks amazing. I didn’t really care for the Witcher setting (fantasy), but the parts that I played through of Witcher 3, the quests were really good. Well above any other rpgs and most were pretty unique. Not your typical fetch quests that I hate with a passion. CDPR said that it should be even better here, combined with the sci-fi setting, this is exactly what I’m looking for.

I never gave Fallout games a try as it didn’t look that interesting to me. I will try out Fallout 4 once I get my PS5 though, since it will be included. I know the latest one (76?) was not well received, but is 4 any good?

This game looks amazing. I didn’t really care for the Witcher setting (fantasy), but the parts that I played through of Witcher 3, the quests were really good. Well above any other rpgs and most were pretty unique. Not your typical fetch quests that I hate with a passion. CDPR said that it should be even better here, combined with the sci-fi setting, this is exactly what I’m looking for.

I never gave Fallout games a try as it didn’t look that interesting to me. I will try out Fallout 4 once I get my PS5 though, since it will be included. I know the latest one (76?) was not well received, but is 4 any good?

Yeah the Witcher wasn't for me either, I prefer 1st person and I wasn't a fan of the setting.

Fallout 4 is good, I still play it here and there but it never really sucked me in like Fallout 3 or New Vegas did for various reasons. The best thing about it are the mods, without those I would have stopped playing it a long time ago. PS4 has a pretty decent selection but Xbox had it better from what I remember.

Fallout 76 is pretty much all RNG, broken economy and fetch quests. Pretty shallow game if you ask me. It also runs like 🤬. I honestly have no idea how people can enjoy this game, it’s hot garbage. If you haven’t seen Internet Historian’s youtube video about Fallout 76 then I highly recommend it for a good laugh.

Last edited:
Requirements are slightly higher than expected though not surprising. My gpu is below min. requirements and it doesn't do well with dx12, so I would definitely need an upgrade. I may consider geforcenow if I don't get a RTX 3060. After that I would probably have to wait it out for the ps5 update or another 3060 batch. Then again I don't think anything has been confirmed on the 3060.

Requirements are slightly higher than expected though not surprising. My gpu is below min. requirements and it doesn't do well with dx12, so I would definitely need an upgrade. I may consider geforcenow if I don't get a RTX 3060. After that I would probably have to wait it out for the ps5 update or another 3060 batch. Then again I don't think anything has been confirmed on the 3060.
Yeah, who knows when 3060 will come. Could even be next year and even then, may be sold out due to bots.

What’s your current GPU? If it’s really that old, GeforceNow so far has worked quite well in my testing, but I strongly suggest having at least 50 Mbps connection and not using WiFi when playing (even 5ghz). If your internet is fast enough and you are on Ethernet, it works really well.

What’s your current GPU? If it’s really that old, GeforceNow so far has worked quite well in my testing, but I strongly suggest having at least 50 Mbps connection and not using WiFi when playing (even 5ghz). If your internet is fast enough and you are on Ethernet, it works really well.

Gave it a quick test yesterday with Control, which is the game I'm currently playing. It worked pretty well. I didn't notice any lag and I could move the settings up higher.

From a review I watched before, they recommended only using Wifi if it the router is in the same room.

Not sure how much data it takes, but I saw 2GB/hour for 1080p at 60FPS on one site.

I’ve just been rewatching all the trailers for the game (again!) and I have to say: I really love Jackie as a character and his voice actor does an amazing job, better than V, which is a bit sad. I really hope he doesn’t have to die and can be your companion throughout the game. Probably the second part is not going to happen, but I hope he at least can survive. In general, if the trailers represent the level of voice acting on all NPCs in the game, that is an amazing achievement.

Some new footage from Tokyo. We've seen this before, but the braindance scene now includes Evelyn Parker. All the Japanese voice actors sound pretty good to someone who doesn't speak the language.

Last edited:
New trailer just released:

In other news, CDPR instituted a mandatory 6-day work week for all Cyberpunk 2077 developers.
That in itself doesn't sound so bad - I'm sure we've all had to work extra hours before a deadline.
However, it sounds like a lot of people were in this unofficial "crunch" mode for a while now, and this just makes it official.
I suppose it's nothing new for games industry and at least in Poland people get paid mandatory overtime, unlike in US, but still.

In any case, all this means that game will 100% launch on November 19th.
I wonder if the devs knew of PS5's European launch date or it was a coincidence.
Given the exact same date, I suspect they had some insider info and chose the date accordingly.

Im on std ps4 and this is one game i would prefer get immersed in with full rtx and ps5 upgraded version.

Will be hard to wait since i dont expecf to get a ps5 for maybe 3 years.

Got way too much backlog of nice games on ps4.
Unless i ever got a problem with my ps4.., knock on wood.. Then id replace it probably with a ps5, pretty much all my games are from psn too so it be an easy switch I guess if they all run ok.

Bunch of new stuff shown today.
Cars, bikes, and styles. Everything looks from good to excellent.

Here's a look at the cars in game:

And outfit styles:

I'm going Neomilitarism Corpo for the first playthrough and probably Entropism Street Kid for the second.
Kitsch Nomad for third, if I get there :)

We'll see how it all works out in the end, but it's looking very promising.
The huge elephant in the room is still how it will perform and look on consoles.
I was hoping they will show it today, but looks like that will be in Episode 5, which is coming "soon". Probably in 2-3 weeks?

I love that Porsche but I do think an RWB Porsche would look even better in that particular world

Love that they include an old 911, but at the same time I can't stop thinking how unfitting the car just is compared to the other cars in the game.

The car would almost be 100 years old in 2077! It would be an antique!

Last edited:
The more I see of this game, the more I am dreading the visual difference between these trailers, current gen consoles and next generation. I think it will not look like this on current consoles at all. But who knows, I might be wrong.

Back