CyberPunk 2077

So there is a rumor that it's been delayed again until early 2021.
As some information in their twitter has removed the December 10th date and hasn't posted any information in 10+ days.

As some information in their twitter has removed the December 10th date and hasn't posted any information in 10+ days.
I'd say that at this point anything's possible. I should have enough PS4/PS5 games to tie me over until whenever it does actually release. This whole delay thing (yet again) kind of dampened much of my excitement tbh. I'm still looking forward to it, but I'm not following the game as closely as I used to.

Last edited:
Probably an unpopular opinion, but they should have just made it a next gen title. I will not be buying a gimped version of this game for my ps4.
Thing is, when they started working on the game, there was no next gen. There wasnt even a PS4 Pro out yet. They had to make it work for PS4/Xbox One in order to justify their budget. So I get where they're coming from. I guess their development process (prioritizing PC first, consoles second) is maybe to blame cause Witcher 3 seems to have had a lot of issues on consoles in the beginning too.

They reconfirmed December 10th today, but they did the same with the November release date just 1 day before that got pushed back a month. So who know.

Heavy... ? Any ideas? Do they mean a heavy announcement for the players?

My thoughts --> new delay? Or we release it despite current gen game consoles (PS4/XBO) not ready yet?

upload_2020-11-12_18-7-28.png

New gameplay trailer. Looks pretty good.
There are some bits in there that show interface and character creation.
Hope it lives up to the hype after all.

There was an one x and series x gameplay video. One site pulled a side by side screenshot showing the differences. There were some improvements on the series x currently mainly reflections. But both look pretty good. Maybe I'll find the page later

edit:
https://www.polygon.com/2020/11/17/21571669/cyberpunk-2077-xbox-seriex-x-one-x-comparison-video

It should be noted, in case anyone watches the video without reading the article, that this is the current gen version running on both platforms. The full next gen version is meant to be arriving next year.

On PC it looks like this from day one after release on Dec 10 (depends on your own PC specs).

Yep you were right @ProjectWHaT . They mentioned 10th December very often lately. So I'm convinced it will happen without further delays.

Digging the soundtrack of this game. Right up my alley.

https://t.co/3A4UKIK7Na?amp=1

More detailed system requirements are out as well.
Based on this, new consoles will be able to do 4k High without ray tracing or RT Low, when next gen patch is out. Guess I’ll be getting it on PS5 after all (PC would be able to do 1080p ultra). I just hope there is a 60fps 1080p mode, I’m sure default will be 4k30.

Last edited:
Wonder what graphics modes will be available initially for the next gen consoles. Will there be fps priority modes initially and then they will bring out more optimized graphics modes, or will all modes be improved.

Would be nice to have all the fancy effects on release, but it looks nice without the effects, and the setting and the atmosphere should all be there.

Wonder what graphics modes will be available initially for the next gen consoles. Will there be fps priority modes initially and then they will bring out more optimized graphics modes, or will all modes be improved.

Would be nice to have all the fancy effects on release, but it looks nice without the effects, and the setting and the atmosphere should all be there.
I hope there are at least two modes: performance (60 FPS) and quality (4K). Seems like most PS4 pro/Xbox One X usually had two modes, so hopefully it’s the same here.

Oh, those aren't as bad as nVidia's suggestions on their site implied this morning. I should be able to do Ultra at 1440p then with no RT.

Finally went ahead and preorder the PS4 (PS5) version on Amazon with some credit still left from my PS4 trade in. Decided to do it there cause of $10 discount and also the credit itself, plus I won’t have a day off on the 10th anyway, so don’t mind waiting till after work to play.

Just read it and thought it might be relevant for those getting CP2077 on PC and want it with RTX enabled (to avoid disappointments) --> At this moment the new AMD Big Navi does not support RTX. So no RTX at launch. Keep that in mind. But hey who already has a Big Navi ;)

Hopefully the console disk version is easy to upgrade from PS4 to PS5 without faults like it seems to be with Watch Dogs Legion and AC Valhalla. The digital version work perfect. Something to do with license signatures

Last edited:
Just read it and thought it might be relevant for those getting CP2077 on PC and want it with RTX enabled (to avoid disappointments) --> At this moment the new AMD Big Navi does not support RTX. So no RTX at launch. Keep that in mind. But hey who already has a Big Navi ;)

Hopefully the console disk version is easy to upgrade from PS4 to PS5 without faults like it seems to be with Watch Dogs Legion and AC Valhalla. The digital version work perfect. Something to do with license signatures
I considered a 6800x, but opted for a 3080 in the end, which is has just been dispatched today :D.

Last edited:
I think that's probably some Ubi-specific issue. In any case, there is no PS5 version of CP2077 yet anyway and probably wont be for another 6 months. I hope whatever upgrade issues there are now will be well sorted by then.

I considered a 6800x, but opted for a 3080 in the end, which is has just been dispatched today :D.

Good choice (and congrats! seems like it's as hard to get as PS5, if not harder)! RTX 3080 is a guaranteed performance right now. It also allows you to have ray-tracing in all games that support it. Who knows when AMD's cards will have it.

Last edited:
Good choice (and congrats! seems like it's as hard to get as PS5, if not harder)! RTX 3080 is a guaranteed performance right now. It also allows you to have ray-tracing in all games that support it. Who knows when AMD's cards will have it.
Yeah it was hard to find one in stock that wasn't being sold at an inflated price by a scalper, I managed to get onto a "in stock" alert fast enough.

Hopefully they have optimized everything really well. I have a 2080ti (and i9 9900k) and a lot of games that are already out and don't look near as good as this basically become unplayable with ray tracing turned on due to the performance hit. For some reason a lot of devs can't seem to get DLSS to actually work :lol:.

I meet all those requirements just short of the graphics card. I have a 2070 Super, so I'm guessing I can maybe run Ultra or RT minimum.

Still not sure exactly how PS5 is going to look and run. Since it says specifically backwards compatibility, probably means it will be 30 fps and probably no 60 fps option. Hopefully the resolution is dynamic 4k though, so PS5 can get the most out of the current versions, but even that is not certain. Hopefully they will release some specific details soon.

A few recent news:

- BestBuy in US has already shipped Collector's Editions to people and some have been playing on Xbox/PS4.
- Pre-load is now available on Xbox.
- Someone reported that game is running 60 fps on Series X (with occasional drops), but I'd take it with a large grain of salt.

EDIT:

More news:
- On PC game will release globally at the same time - 7pm EST (Dec 9)/12 am GMT
- On consoles game will release 12 am, Dec 10 (in corresponding time zone).
- Game will have a performance and quality mode. At least performance is targeting 60 fps. Not certain what the frame rate and target resolution is for quality mode yet.

Last edited:
This is the one game id be tempted to buy full price even on ps4, and with full upgrade included. But i should wait when i get a ps5 in a couple of years.

Done some research on this game expecting it to have a prequel as it's such a big deal and the hype is so big but I can only find a book/ boardgame :/

Is there something I'm missing? Was there even a cyberpunk (1)?

Game looks good, will definitely pick it up when its cheaper down the line or for ps5 when I eventually get one.

Done some research on this game expecting it to have a prequel as it's such a big deal and the hype is so big but I can only find a book/ boardgame :/

Is there something I'm missing? Was there even a cyberpunk (1)?

Game looks good, will definitely pick it up when its cheaper down the line or for ps5 when I eventually get one.

Nope no prequel, but there has been a fair bit of marketing. The same studio developed Witcher 3 and there is a lot of hype for this game.

Back