CyberPunk 2077

I'm really hoping that day 1 patch does fix a lot of things. That whole not allowing reviewers use their own footage in their reviews definitely raises some questions. Even after their versions have received the day 1 patches. I'm not bashing the game. I just want this game to be good and have been hyped for this genre of game for way too long for this to be bad.
Perfectly understandable, I feel the exact same way. It's worrying about the review footage, especially after so many delays and whatnot. I was initially going to wait a week or so before playing it, but I will give it a go at launch. I am confident that large issues will be fixed asap and small issues over time.

I also feel sorry for the developers having to either face backlash over more delays (on top of extreme development crunch time) or release a buggy game and frantically patch issues. For a game in development for so long and the hype so big, it's got to be a lot of pressure. I didn't play The Witcher 3 at launch so I don't know if that game was buggy, but that turned out to be a massively successful game over time.

I didn't play The Witcher 3 at launch so I don't know if that game was buggy, but that turned out to be a massively successful game over time.
I believe that was also very buggy. But yeah, I think CP2077 will also be successful over time.

I plan on working around the problem by just waiting to purchase the game. It's something I've started to do since a few years now, with the exception of RDR 2.
I just recently played Assassin's Creed Odyssey (2 years late) and had no issues whatsoever. :lol:

Supposedly many of the bugs will be fixed in the day one patch. Additionally, it appears some issues are caused by applying settings that are too high for your system.

The preview version of the game has a special DRM to make sure nothing gets leaked. It seems to have a performance impact, therefore all benchmarks now are inaccurate. This DRM will not be in the consumer version of the game

I'm really hoping that day 1 patch does fix a lot of things. That whole not allowing reviewers use their own footage in their reviews definitely raises some questions. Even after their versions have received the day 1 patches.

Their versions have apparently not received the full day 1 patch, they've received a mid-way patch that fixes many issues but not all of them. A Day 0 patch as some are calling it. There are still a lot more fixes to come on the actual launch day according to the devs.

IMO the way they've decided to launch this is a little concerning; they've shown very little running on consoles besides a few demo videos that they put out. Restricting the publication of review footage is sort of understandable if they don't want certain bugs to be shown but is also a bit shady because we don't get to see how it actually looks or runs on any platform without this. I really want to see how the game looks and runs on PS5 before I buy it and constantly showing us in-house footage from the PC version running on the highest settings doesn't help.

EDIT: The launch trailer is live and I reckon a lot of people are going to be going to horny jail on the 10th

Last edited:
I'm gonna say this is going to be No Man's sky levels of release where it comes out and it immediately isn't as polished as all the pre selected trailers and videos we've been fed over the last few years but at the same time there's obviously a good game underneath all of that, that we will eventually get. That's worst case scenario hopefully.

I got low expectations for my old fat boy ps4. I expect 30 fps at best, low quality graphics (compared to PC) along with lots of bugs.

Witcher 3 had some bugs. They rolled out the patches pretty quickly. It wasn't game breaking, but that was released only for PC at the time.

I'm guessing the delay was mainly to get the patches in order, and hopefully the game will be pretty smooth on all consoles.

I pre-loaded my game on PS4 Pro last night, the file size came in at a whopping 101 GB, but I am assuming that includes the patch.

Looks like the game is playable on Steam tonight (Dec 9) at about 7 PM (EST), whereas on PS4 it will be out Dec 10 at 12:00 AM (EST) as expected. Wonder why it's out slightly early on Steam.

Are ya ready kids!?!

Ouch. But, I still won't believe what I see until I see the actual launch version for myself. There are many random youtubers that are putting up glitchy videos, but even more reputable sources that say not to worry because the launch version is "like a different game" than the early pre-patched footage shows.

Edit: Here is what I mean:

Last edited:
I pre-loaded my game on PS4 Pro last night, the file size came in at a whopping 101 GB, but I am assuming that includes the patch.

Looks like the game is playable on Steam tonight (Dec 9) at about 7 PM (EST), whereas on PS4 it will be out Dec 10 at 12:00 AM (EST) as expected. Wonder why it's out slightly early on Steam.

Steam and Stadia have their launch time set to 12:00AM GMT, the consoles have it set to 12:00AM local time instead.

Regarding the bugs I survived Watch Dogs Legion on the PS4 and that was (and still is) an absolute mess so I'm not too concerned about Cyberpunk on my PS5 just yet!

Last edited:
Have to say, game is looking pretty good in terms of all the build options and gameplay. Not sure if I'll go all in yet on the main story or maybe just roam around and wait for a few more patches before committing. Probably going to run into some game breaking bug sooner than later.

Are ya ready kids!?!

Some of those bugs are due to slow texture/asset streaming which was explained by the tweet I had posted. They would be fixed by choosing lower graphical settings

HOWEVER, according to the description of the video, it claims most of the clips are from the PS4 version of the game, which is incredibly worrying. It's unknown if the video is pre-day-one patch or post-day-one patch. Either way, it is still very concerning that the "gone gold" version of the game is not correctly optimized for current-gen consoles.

It seems like the bottleneck will be between your storage device and your CPU (for uncompressing the files). Both of which are incredibly slow for current-gen consoles.

Some of those bugs are due to slow texture/asset streaming which was explained by the tweet I had posted. They would be fixed by choosing lower graphical settings

HOWEVER, according to the description of the video, it claims most of the clips are from the PS4 version of the game, which is incredibly worrying. It's unknown if the video is pre-day-one patch or post-day-one patch. Either way, it is still very concerning that the "gone gold" version of the game is not correctly optimized for current-gen consoles.

It seems like the bottleneck will be between your storage device and your CPU (for uncompressing the files). Both of which are incredibly slow for current-gen consoles.

RIP my Xbox one I planned on playing this on. Its slightly worrying how badly optimized this game seems to run on the last gen consoles which is what I thought this game was initially developed for...

RIP my Xbox one I planned on playing this on. Its slightly worrying how badly optimized this game seems to run on the last gen consoles which is what I thought this game was initially developed for...
The day one patch is "supposed" to make a big differnece, the issue is we don't know if any of these streams are with it applied or not. Personally I'll be playing on PC anyway once my new PC is built, conveniently the final components arrive tomorrow, but I won't be able to build it until Friday.

For PC (GOG) players. Another 7.9GB file is ready for download. And a couple of hundred MB when it is finally released tonight (CET). Enjoy!

upload_2020-12-9_18-47-56.png

Last edited:
Console pre-load contains Day-0 patch. GOG/Steam do not and will require an update on release. Boxed copies obviously will need to download the patch

What you’re seeing starting today (streams) is with day 1 patch. If you see any recorded videos from reviews or days before today, it will have a partial day 1 patch.

Wonder why PS version is so much larger than PC and Xbox. Doesn’t appear to have any better texture quality. Hope it will eventually come down in size.

Last edited:
Seems like influencers had people drive to their front door in a 911 and they personally hand you the game and some merch

Just saw the second part of YongYea’s review where he showed all the bugs. Looks hilarious.
Haven’t beta tested a game since pCARS 1. Haven’t played a Bethesda RPG since Skyrim.
I guess it will give me an insight into what Bethesda players have been “raving” about for years :lol:

Just saw the second part of YongYea’s review where he showed all the bugs. Looks hilarious.
Haven’t beta tested a game since pCARS 1. Haven’t played a Bethesda RPG since Skyrim.
I guess it will give me an insight into what Bethesda players have been “raving” about for years :lol:

Bathesda games were always really buggy, nothing will top Fallout 76 though.

I am so disappointed that CP2077 does not have third person. I thought there was switch between first and third person. I have motion sickness to playing first person. *sighing*

So i see that CP2077 is supposed to go live on PS 4 at midnight local time but my timer is saying it's going to go live at 9 Pm, "fingers crossed.":cheers:

Update: went live at 9 but with a 28.4GB d/l, another 1 hour wait :irked: :lol:

Last edited:

Based on that tweet it seems like the others are getting a combined package, whereas the PS will be installing the game and patch separately. Wonder if the same holds after installation.

Seeing @JoshB1984 post ... Is this really just a first person only game ? I guess its the same across all platforms ?
Never looked too much into this game because I have been run over by the hype train too many times before, had an urge to get it on PC today though as I want something new to play.... but if its locked as first person across all platforms I guess I can save myself some money.

I am so disappointed that CP2077 does not have third person. I thought there was switch between first and third person. I have motion sickness to playing first person. *sighing*
i see 1st person and 3rd person controls.....check settings....

I really wanted to get this, but they are saying on Reddit that it’s not even worth buying right now on the last gen consoles (Xbox one and PS4), until they release some major patches because it’s so glitchy. :crazy:

Sad to hear abuot the XB1 and PS4 state of the game.

On my i7-4790k/GTX970 1080p low/medium is running fine at 30-40FPS. Good enough for a game of this type. No weird glitches either.

i see 1st person and 3rd person controls.....check settings....
That's probably referring to vehicles. You can choose 1st (cockpit cam) or 3rd person (behind vehicle and adjustable) view.
Your character is only 1st person.

Only have about three hours in game. I have the PC version and able to run at max settings. That's real eye candy and a free room heater.
Only 'issue' I experienced is the audio echo when characters start to talk when the are in a room (so not outside). Double voices. Maybe play around with audio settings? Will test later.

Back