Daihatsu Vision GT,what will it be?! (Now with useless poll!)

• Thread starter zotobom
  • 164 comments

What do you think Daihatsu will do?

• Joke car (new Midget,something slow)

Votes: 123 32.3%
  • Regular city car

Votes: 76 19.9%
  • Supercar

Votes: 123 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 59 15.5%

• Total voters
Owned a Daihatsu back in 90's > Charade. Nice little car. There were some rally series organized with that model> of course tuned verison:D

About vision > Daihatsu=small city car ,what else?

I'm hoping for a joke car, or a city car that's interesting. I've seen enough supercars now, but I think they'll just join in with everyone else and create yet another batmobile.

Hey even Lamborghini started by making tractors. Maybe this will mark Dainatsu's entry as the world's foremost supercar company! Haha, this has to be the most anticipated of the Vision GT cars. I feel so awkward rolling in a Daihatsu, let alone one that actually works!

I found this
EB44368.jpg

EB44379-P5-14-Web-front.jpg

Last edited:
I think Daihatsu has the budget and the people to come up with something really revolutionary. Something like this, but then a car instead of a bike.
I am 90% sure it is going to be something like this. 90% I tell you.
ladiesbar.jpg

edit: I am done with this… I am sorry for any inconvenience I caused with my recent posts. From now on my post will again be averagely helpful.

After careful imagination:

A machine with quadturbo flux capacitors and real time 6 wheel drive, that can drive on the moon, fly and beat the Daihatsu Mirra. Has a dukes of hazard horn and weighs as much as the Tank Car.

is it wrong that I want it to be a Copen/Midget crossover with an engine that makes the Bugatti Veyron look like a Honda Civic?

Daihatsu Bee, 1951. A 2014 retake on that could be interesting.

ce19b3b02b6b5150a63ad222fcb565a1.jpg

Edit: Apparently it's also their first passenger car.

Or this: Daihatsu Compagno

280px-1965_Daihatsu_Compagno-Spider_01.jpg

Daihatsu Consorte (although the top one is a standard car :D)

daihatsu-consorte-06.jpg

Daihatsu TAFT (Tough, Almighty, Fourwheeldrive Transport)
Yep. My want for that car is up to 90% based on the name.

280px-Daihatsu_Taft_F50_25d.JPG

But it'll probably be something like this:

Daihatsu+Kopen+Xmz+Concept+Tokyo+2013+Photos+%25281%2529.jpg

... which looks pretty cool I guess, like a GT-R puppy.

Last edited:
Could be anything from a small Copen derived sports car, a small but radically designed AWD crossover, or a small... whatever this is:

daihatsu-fc-deck-tk13-01-1.jpg

Most VGT examples so far match their respective manufacturers or coachbuilders in terms of what we would expect them to create. Seeing Daihatsu churn out a GT coupe or mid-engined supercar would go against anything I'd envisage, as much of a welcome change that may be. While a small, incredibly quirky and possibly electric/Hydrogen city car concept would be more plausible.

Right now I can't help but think they'll give us a personal transport vehicle, possibly with programmed AI similar to the Toyota POD.

Last edited:
sporkface69I post: 9077628
I hope its something awesome. Most of these futuristic supercars, i.e. VGT, Citroen GT, etc. are boring me.

The "hyper-futuristic" design has been played out, none of them are unique anymore.

Same. Except when i saw the concept art on the FORD tab. I'm looking forward to that! :drool:

After careful imagination:

A machine with quadturbo flux capacitors and real time 6 wheel drive, that can drive on the moon, fly and beat the Daihatsu Mirra. Has a dukes of hazard horn and weighs as much as the Tank Car.

So...

... Joke car?

Back