Daihatsu Vision GT,what will it be?! (Now with useless poll!)

• Thread starter zotobom
  • 164 comments

What do you think Daihatsu will do?

• Joke car (new Midget,something slow)

Votes: 123 32.3%
  • Regular city car

Votes: 76 19.9%
  • Supercar

Votes: 123 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 59 15.5%

• Total voters
Perhaps the smallest, lightest and nimblest VGT car this side of the Volkswagen.

It shall be...

The Daihatsu Midget Type III! It will look like a Type II, but with a wide race body kit, a V8 engine, 6 speed transmission, 4WD/AWD, and go from 0-60 MPH/0-100 KPH in 1.5 seconds!...ok maybe not lol. I'm guessing a mix of a city car and a sports car.

daihatsu-f-concept-05.jpg

What is this magnificence?

Could be anything from a small Copen derived sports car, a small but radically designed AWD crossover, or a small... whatever this is:

daihatsu-fc-deck-tk13-01-1.jpg

Most VGT examples so far match their respective manufacturers or coachbuilders in terms of what we would expect them to create. Seeing Daihatsu churn out a GT coupe or mid-engined supercar would go against anything I'd envisage, as much of a welcome change that may be. While a small, incredibly quirky and possibly electric/Hydrogen city car concept would be more plausible.

Right now I can't help but think they'll give us a personal transport vehicle, possibly with programmed AI similar to the Toyota POD.
I want this soooo bad

I'm not sure Daihatsu would like to think their cars considered as jokes :lol:.

Would like to see them come up with something a bit different/unusual, and small :dopey:. Who wouldn't love to see a Midget concept? Though, as @INEEDNAWZZZ pointed out, there was design brief for a 2 door sports car... sadly sounds more like a Copen.

Could be anything from a small Copen derived sports car, a small but radically designed AWD crossover, or a small... whatever this is:

daihatsu-fc-deck-tk13-01-1.jpg

Most VGT examples so far match their respective manufacturers or coachbuilders in terms of what we would expect them to create. Seeing Daihatsu churn out a GT coupe or mid-engined supercar would go against anything I'd envisage, as much of a welcome change that may be. While a small, incredibly quirky and possibly electric/Hydrogen city car concept would be more plausible.

Right now I can't help but think they'll give us a personal transport vehicle, possibly with programmed AI similar to the Toyota POD.
THIS...
Reminds me of that:
magnum.jpg

And this might mean that the Daihatsu VGT will be a big long-haul Lorry.
Definately makes sense.

I think it'll be kei-car sized but with super-wide arches, big wings, big wheels and a heavily tuned and turbocharged inline-3.

I don't think that we can have any idea of what it will be, apart from a two door sports car. They've been pretty unpredictable so far. BMW went with a bodykitted 2-series while Aston Martin seem to be using the VGT program as an opportunity to reinvent their brand image.

I wouldn't mind if they made a car that exploited the Kei Car genre to the max, like a 1 seater Mid engine AWD Petro-Hybrid weighing 300kg with the normal 63hp, that's able to out perform much faster cars like a BRZ or something.

Last edited:
A speedster of some sort. Probably bonkers looking (think miniature Lambo Avendator J, McMerc SLR 722 Stirling Moss, Aston Martin CC100). Twin Turbocharged I4 engine. AWD. Light weight. I will like it.

Don't forget pearlescent/gold/silver/pink paint and golden wire wheels!

A faster, better, stronger version of Murder Midget won't be like that at all...

Oh no it won't...

Back