Daihatsu Vision GT,what will it be?! (Now with useless poll!)

• Thread starter zotobom
  • 164 comments

What do you think Daihatsu will do?

• Joke car (new Midget,something slow)

Votes: 123 32.3%
  • Regular city car

Votes: 76 19.9%
  • Supercar

Votes: 123 32.3%
  • Other

Votes: 59 15.5%

• Total voters
What about a supermidget.

Yes.
IMG_0212_0ahN_1.jpg

"No smoking"... *looks at back tyres* oh... ok.

The Midget III. It will have two engines: one in the bed and a small one for the front wheels, produce over three million horsepower, and be small enough for a ride through the BBC offices.

As per Gran Turismo's website: "The project started with a question from Kazunori Yamauchi: "Would you be willing to design your rendition of Gran Turismo for us?" The videogame’s name "Gran Turismo" (GT) refers to a 2-door sport car, known as a Grand Touring car in the automotive world"

I think they would be willing to design a 2-door sports car, mainly because they've done them in the past - albeit, in Kei car form (Copen, OFC-1). I suspect this will be not that much more different, but who knows.

Obviously it will be the greatest car ever, using the motorsports knowledge Daihatsu has gained and placing it into the midget. This will yield the daihatsu ultra gran turismo quad-charger (two turbos, two superchargers) midget with hovercraft functionality.

I predict a very futuristic mid-engine, rear-wheel drive Kei car powered by the Copen's engine, producing the typical 63HP you'd expect from Kei cars. It'll probably look similar to the new NSX concept, but much smaller.
I predict handling to be similar to the Honda BEAT, with a top speed of 110mph.

I think that the Vision GT car might be called the Daihatsu Copen/Kopen Vision GT, which could be base on the all-new Copen, but this could be longer than the standard Copen, plus a 2 seater roadster (I'm expecting that it would look similar to the VW Vision GT) with a 4 cylinder or V6 power from Toyota, carbon fiber bits, and an aerodynamic and a futuristic design that is similar to the new Copen. And it could get the color scheme pf the Daihatsu P5 and P7 race cars.

you all joke around, but Daihatsu's racing legend has only just begun.

496h.JPG

I think it will be a futuristic, yet distinctive Daihatsu design, and with a powerful engine linked with electric motors, and can go as fast as the speed shown in the photo shown here. It will be so light and miniature, though.

I was thinking a mid engined Copen concept, kind of like a mini Ariel Atom or X-bow with either the regular copen I4 twincharged, an RB26DETT with 2 turbos, or a 6L big block V8. Either way, ~700hp and an almost nonexistent body and frame, so it weighs around 400-500kgs. And 400 width massive rear tires.

Back